Friday and Saturday Hurricane Blues

bluesky5

This Friday and Saturday so far has been busy, but full of many short trips. My usual Fri/Sat take home is 400-500 and I am on track for 300-400. After 2 years of driving I have seen more pool request in the past 2 nights then all of August. I need a solid Buckhead to save this evening (the $70 quest will help).

Last edited:

negeorgia

My heart bleeds for you.

You a troll trying this bs?
What is the issue? An abnormally high short trip count, is a an income drain. Especially if the distance to ping exceeds the distance of a completed trip or there ends up being a minuscule min fare supplement. Maybe the next thing in the 180 days of change will be a minimum fare warning label with the ping.

john2g1

What is the issue? An abnormally high short trip count, is a an income drain. Especially if the distance to ping exceeds the distance of a completed trip or there ends up being a minuscule min fare supplement. Maybe the next thing in the 180 days of change will be a minimum fare warning label with the ping.
Yeah I was just in Hawaii and UberX is $1.50 a mile and something like double or triple our min pay.

At those rates you would hit minimum fare quickly and more importantly stupid 3 mile 30 min trips would not make you want to pull your hair out.

The irony is 5 miles is 5 miles and there is a certain amount of money people would pay for a short trip.

Instead of me and Uber taking a $3.75 and $5.25 split on a $10 "minimum fare" it would be closer to a more reasonable $5.25 and $3.75 split.

You know in favor of the person doing the work, taking the risk, owning the asset, etc.

SOUFSIDE

Yeah I was just in Hawaii and UberX is $1.50 a mile and something like double or triple our min pay.

At those rates you would hit minimum fare quickly and more importantly stupid 3 mile 30 min trips would not make you want to pull your hair out.

The irony is 5 miles is 5 miles and there is a certain amount of money people would pay for a short trip.

Instead of me and Uber taking a $3.75 and $5.25 split on a $10 "minimum fare" it would be closer to a more reasonable $5.25 and $3.75 split.

You know in favor of the person doing the work, taking the risk, owning the asset, etc.
Everything in Hawaii is inflated compared to every where else. That's not a fair comparison.