Free tax Filing:

Grand Lake

When you guys are doing your rideshare Schedule C, do you put the Uber and Lyft platform fees in one of the standard expense categories, or list them individually as "other"?

lighthouse

When you guys are doing your rideshare Schedule C, do you put the Uber and Lyft platform fees in one of the standard expense categories, or list them individually as "other"?

Independent contractor version explains this but it’s not free

Okphillip

Th
there was a box that said either commissions or rideshare fees I forget but it was pretty clear.
Post automatically merged:

Th

there was a box that said either commissions or rideshare fees I forget but it was pretty clear.
Freetaxusa did all my schedules, 1099, business expenses etc., investments, capital gains etc. just like TurboTax but it was FREE...I’m very happy with it.

seymour

Turbo Tax wanted $119.99 so I went to Freetaxusa.com got the same results and filed for FREE!
You still must pay to do your State Taxes and becuz Freetaxusa is a Russian company there is a one time $75 processing fee payable to Boris Bogomolov.

Okphillip

You still must pay to do your State Taxes and becuz Freetaxusa is a Russian company there is a one time $75 processing fee payable to Boris Bogomolov.
You can file state taxes on the franchise tax board website directly for free. Takes 10 minutes...just have your federal form ready to transfer some numbers. Very simple. People need to be smarter with spending.

lighthouse

I did mine on TurboTax and it was free. It only cost if you wanted to use professional tax advice.

There is a lot things they don’t show you on the free version , it’s basically like leaving a couple hundred dollars or worse .

Pay up guys

Okphillip

“Fake news just like that other Russian hoax.” Adam Schiff should resign from congress but I digress.

lighthouse

“Fake news just like that other Russian hoax.” Adam Schiff should resign from congress but I digress.

You guys don’t take anything seriously lol data is a booming business right now , your stuff is most likely going to end up in China or Russia for real .

Those guys don’t offer free tax for fun , my guess is they are paying Lyft to get your data .

DollarFree

I guess Fox got a better deal. MSNBC got Draggy’s and immediately put it on Craigslist with the free broken toasters and other junk.
Then they dressed up SeeLess in black PVC with a collar & chain. Free b* for anyone with a strong stomach.

Grand Lake

I would vote for Schiff over any of the field of Democratic hopefuls. Don't understand why he hasn't thrown his hat into the ring.

dragnet

I would vote for Schiff over any of the field of Democratic hopefuls. Don't understand why he hasn't thrown his hat into the ring.

Schiff is in a really good place where he is. Head of the House intelligence committee is a very powerful position, and as a former prosecutor it's one he's quite uniquely qualified to hold.

Okphillip

Schiff is in a really good place where he is. Head of the House intelligence committee is a very powerful position, and as a former prosecutor it's one he's quite uniquely qualified to hold.
Except he's a liar and tried to bring down a President in a dishonest, partisan way!