Inshur

Free MOT with AA for Uber Drivers in London

ahm

Dear fellows, I would like to advise you not to opt free MOT with AA. AA has a nexus with authorised MOT garages for mugging people like us. They would not pass your car.
It has happened to me. I booked an so called "FREE MOT WITH AA" appointment from drivers app yesterday. I arrived at 9am well 10mins before. Waited till 13:30, result was MOT failed because of headlight allignment. They quoted me £455. I REFUSED and get the same done from private garage for £260 including LED bulbs.
Though work was not required, 6 months ago was inspected twice by MOT and Tfl inspection centre, there was no such issue.
When I came back after installing the new headlight assemblies to the same MOT centre (prestige MOT centre on 8 coppen road dagenham RM8 1HJ) I was told to pay £15 cash for headlight adjustment. I asked to pay by card Mr Sukhi the manager told me we are not authorised to take money from you directly since you have come through AA, if we take card payment, it will appear in our system therefore cash only. I asked for the receipt, he refused to issue receipt as well. Well I had no other choice to get MOT pasa certificate. They demand that, because I did not get work done by them. This is how they are ripping drivers off.
So I warn all Uber drivers to stay away from so called "free MOT with AA". There is no free lunch in this world. I knew that, but I opted because of Uber backing to this. But got really very disappointed. Many thanks for reading this post.

Last edited:

Fazi

Dear fellows, I would like to advise you not to opt free MOT with AA. AA has a nexus with authorised MOT garages for mugging people like us. They would not pass your car.
It has happened to me. I booked an so called "FREE MOT WITH AA" appointment from drivers app yesterday. I arrived at 9am well 10mins before. Waited till 13:30, result was MOT failed because of headlight allignment. They quoted me £455. I REFUSED and get the same done from private garage for £260 including LED bulbs.
Though work was not required, 6 months ago was inspected twice by MOT and Tfl inspection centre, there was no such issue.
When I came back after installing the new headlight assemblies to the same MOT centre (prestige MOT centre on 8 coppen road dagenham RM8 1HJ) I was told to pay £15 cash for headlight adjustment. I asked to pay by card Mr Sukhi the manager told me we are not authorised to take money from you directly since you have come through AA, if we take card payment, it will appear in our system therefore cash only. I asked for the receipt, he refused to issue receipt as well. Well I had no other choice to get MOT pasa certificate. They demand that, because I did not get work done by them. This is how they are ripping drivers off.
So I warn all Uber drivers to stay away from so called "free MOT with AA". There is no free lunch in this world. I knew that, but I opted because of Uber backing to this. But got really very disappointed. Many thanks for reading this post.
Next time get From best motors Walthamstow E178nh
Or pen brothers E107EB
For PH drivers £30 for MOT

Fostel

No surprise here. So uber backed this up for ya.
True heroes :biggrin:

ahm

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was told to get the issue fixed in 10 days otherwise would be illegal to drive. I am not saying its uber fault. I am just trying to share my bad experience to help other fellow drivers

Blueskyplus

They ripped u off. Normally they align headlights free of charge. They have some sorts of mirrors and with some sort of screw driver they align the lights in few seconds.
Which car was that?

Just go to a legit garage! They sound dodgy!!

London-born-and-bred

I was told to get the issue fixed in 10 days otherwise would be illegal to drive. I am not saying its uber fault. I am just trying to share my bad experience to help other fellow drivers
I am still confused, you said the work didn't need doing, so why did you do it????

Same rip off with the discount on Inshur, I was quoted 2600£ in October, now it's 3500. So even with the 20% discount it's more expensive.

madhatter

Why do you expect ANY company to act in YOUR best interest? No one is going to, do your research, grab a deal when it's good for you, pass when not

Fostel

They grab and sell off your data left, right and centre!
Ever thought about reading contracts before signing them off?

:roflmao:

Only thing on uber pro worth it is airport rematch priority but now all the bad experiences wonder if that is legit. the rest of the shit on there can f off lol. Thanks for sharing your story