• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Free food and drinks at Lyft Hub on South BLVD, go and clean them out now!

dryverjohn

I stopped by the new shiny, happy Lyft hub. They had dozens of free donuts, coffee, redbull, bottled water all for free. Take and drink as much as you can, this is the only thing you will ever get from Lyft, no surge, but load up on the goodies. Educate the new drivers hanging out there how Lyft is going to @@@@ them over. I made sure to ask if they were going to suppress surge during All Star Week, you should too.

mrpjfresh

That's so funny that they have a hub there when we don't have one in Raleigh.
Oh, he means Charlotte. Asheville proper is barely 90k people, so many corporations don't even think we are a viable market despite the crazy growth and tourism boom in the last decade. Heck, even obviously Lyft did not as they've only been active here for a little over a year iirc. They lost out bigtime here for years while Uber cleaned up, but sure enough the silly amps are now all over.

I did think of driving over for NBA All-Star weekend for the experience but thought the better of it especially since that is where the cancerous upfront surge began. I'll be following the Queen City forums to see how y'all over there do though. Have fun.

Disgusted Driver

Oh, he means Charlotte. Asheville proper is barely 90k people, so many corporations don't even think we are a viable market despite the crazy growth and tourism boom in the last decade. Heck, even obviously Lyft did not as they've only been active here for a little over a year iirc. They lost out bigtime here for years while Uber cleaned up, but sure enough the silly amps are now all over.

I did think of driving over for NBA All-Star weekend for the experience but thought the better of it especially since that is where the cancerous upfront surge began. I'll be following the Queen City forums to see how y'all over there do though. Have fun.
Ah, that makes nmuch more sense.

No way i would be making the trip to Charlotte to drive for the NBA weekend and from what I have seen over the years, it's a sucker bet to go out for one of these events wehn they flood the area with drivers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ubereater Stories 2
Joeyspps UberEATS 28
Kewl-driver UberEATS 3