Frank Martin (Jason Statham) as The Transporter

Driving and Driven

As I check my messages and happen to have The Transporter on in the background on cable, I'm watching the opening scene and wondering how these amateurs robbing the bank could have possibly taken enough money to pay him for the level of service he offered in addition to the damage to his vehicle during the trip.

I'm thinking the Transporter, Frank Martin (Jason Statham) must have actually been an Uber Black, Uber X or Uber Pool driver in that scene. There is no other rational answer I can imagine that would have made financial sense in that scene.

UTX1

According to the story..... after the bank robbers were caught, 20 million euros worth of bearer bonds
were recovered from the 3 surviving men. The 4th one was executed in Frank Martin's back seat.
There was more than enough money involved to cover the transporter fee.

He was driving a 1999 BMW 735i. The movie was made in 2002. Uber was not invented yet.
The day that bank robbers start ordering Uber Pool as gettaway cars....well, you know.

Driving and Driven

According to the story..... after the bank robbers were caught, 20 million euros worth of bearer bonds
were recovered from the 3 surviving men. The 4th one was executed in Frank Martin's back seat.

He was driving a 1999 BMW 735i. The movie was made in 2002. Uber was not invented yet.
The day that bank robbers start ordering Uber Pool as gettaway cars....well, you know.

I missed the part about the bearer bonds. I only had it on in the background.

I know Uber wasn't around back then but I was just speaking figuratively. I meant that he was likely underpaid and underappreciated. Now that I know about the bearer bonds, I rescind my original comment.

Now I'm thinking he pinned down a rather lucrative market.

tohunt4me

Would you rather use Google Maps or Waze for the getaway ?

Just as with Uber,always trying to sneak an extra passenger in.