Four in a row Underage ride offers from same high school

jack1981

Yesterday I had FOUR consecutive pings on Uber/Lyft from underage kids at a high school.

First was Lyft - I accepted not knowing the age of the pax - halfway there mom texts me 'it's for her daughter'. I text back 'is she over 18'? No answer for 2min. I text back 'Since you didn't respond I have to asssume she is under 18' and have to cancel. I cancelled. I was starting to report this to Lyft when I immediately got the second ride - same high school, on Lyft.

Second ride on Lyft - I declined. Called Lyft and reported. Lyft WAS ABLE TO SEE THE TEXTS(Note this, folks!). They offered me $5 cancellation fee. Thank you, Lyft.

Drove away 3 miles. Get ping from Uber - started to drive without noticing where I am going - 2 miles into the pickup I notice pickup was the same high school. Called the pax. Sounded like a kid. Asked if he was over 18. He said yes. I asked if he has an ID that shows age. He has only a school ID - no age. I said without an ID I cannot take him and that he has to cancel. He said he doesn't want to get charged. I drove to the school, saw the kid.. looked about 16. Didn't pick him up.. didn't wait the 5 min. Cancelled from my end.

Drove away - got a fourth ping - same school - declined.

Called Uber and reported. First level support lady was nice but after a few min of conversation claimed she could not see the ride since it was cancelled. Passed me on to second level. 10 min wait. 3 min conversation. After trying to shake me off, she finally admitted she could see the cancelled/declined rides, and said she made a note, is there anything else? By this time I was tired - so I ended the call.

BigRedDriver

Was kind of reluctant to get there and then have a personal showdown with the kid. Some things are not worth a few dollars - it was just a personal decision.

Keep window rolled up and tell them you will wait for the adult to show up. No need for confrontation. Of course, I've never minded confrontation, That's what a well placed facepalm is for.

I've said it before on here and to teens that say the next driver will take them. I LOVE THOSE DRIVERS! They make it possible for me to make extremely easy money for doing almost nothing!

Cdub2k

In almost two years I've yet to see or hear that happen. But then again, I don't pick up in the hood or ghetto.
yeah it depends on the people. People do strange things when they are pissed off sometimes.
Post automatically merged:

Why ask? They always look 18 to me! :wink:

I'll never take an underage female anywhere but yeah for the guys if they look the part I'm ok with it.

FLKeys

driving at 3pm is impossible, non stop high school pings, since they dont show the address on the ping anymore its very difficult to avoid so I just drive less, since uber doesnt fix their app

Sounds to me like you are passing up on easy money. Sit at the school wait 5 minutes cancel collect and wait for next ping. Hell I would do this on both Uber & Lyft at the same time and double dip on the cancel fees.

dnlbaboof

Sounds to me like you are passing up on easy money. Sit at the school wait 5 minutes cancel collect and wait for next ping. Hell I would do this on both Uber & Lyft at the same time and double dip on the cancel fees.

but when you get ping after ping and have to keep cancelling then they start sending nastygrams threataning deactivation for high cancel rate

but when you get ping after ping and have to keep cancelling then they start sending nastygrams threataning deactivation for high cancel rate, and the kids who are mad can file false reports......it be so easy if the ping showed the address, just dont accept

BikingBob

I don't know about you, but I am sure there's a park close enough or a side street where you can just cancel for an hour after they let out and get that money/a nap haha