Found Sunglasses.... Return or no? Your opinion

LAPenguin

I live in the OC and picked up a couple of drunk coeds from the country show in Huntington Beach on Saturday. Dropped them off at LMU aka west LA.
They and Uber reached out and asked about sunglasses left in my car. Went and looked and I do have them. Full disclosure they did not tip on a X ride.
We all know damn well that I wont get compensated for the return of sunglasses. So do I just say I didnt find them and move on or drop off at some Uber
place in the OC which are closed most times Im available. Curious what you guys would say/do?

Korean Ant

I live in the OC and picked up a couple of drunk coeds from the country show in Huntington Beach on Saturday. Dropped them off at LMU aka west LA.
They and Uber reached out and asked about sunglasses left in my car. Went and looked and I do have them. Full disclosure they did not tip on a X ride.
We all know damn well that I wont get compensated for the return of sunglasses. So do I just say I didnt find them and move on or drop off at some Uber
place in the OC which are closed most times Im available. Curious what you guys would say/do?
U can drop it off in the nearest police station or green hub n collect ur 15$.

Korean Ant

Didnt think police station. The green hub is always closed when I get off work at 5pm. Police it is then. Thank you for input
U have to let uber support know n they will contact the rider that the lost item is in which station.
If u drop it off at a hub it would be better bcuz i once dropped off an item in my citys hub n made it to OC hub in a week n my rider was able to get it from his citys hub.

Carbuncle

There’s a return fee. They’ll just have to wait until you’re near their location. No way I’d make the extra effort from that distance. No. Way.

Chocoholic

Ummm.... didn't I see somewhere that if you drop off at Greenlight Hub, there's no returned item fee? To get the fee, you actually have to return the item to the pax somehow?

Remember, you're under no obligation to go out of your way. You can make them come to you, say to meet at your local McD's or something. But if you let them know that you have it, you have to make some "reasonable accommodation" for them to get their property.

Bucket23

I always find sunglasses in my car, I will return them if requested. I've been waiting for someone to leave their Ray Bans and this week I lucked up. No one called or contacted me about them so, I walked around bragging about my newly found glasses and wearing them for two days.....only to find out my brother has been looking for his Ray Bans for two days. LMAO

MOJAVE MADMAN

VERY SIMPLE

CONTACT PAX AND TELL THEM TO ORDER A RIDE FROM ORANGE COUNTY TO LMU. GIVE THEM A PICKUP LOCATIOM TO ENTER CLOSE TO YOU.

MAKE THEM SEND YOU A TEXT CONFIRMING THEY ARE ORDERING A RIDE FOR DELIVERY TO THEM.

TELL THEM THATS THE ONLY WAY ITS GONNA HAPPEN

YOU CANT TAKE 4 HOURS IN TRAFFIC AND DRIVE 100 MILES AT 4 DOLLAR GAS PRICES FOR 15 DOLLARS

SO NOW YOU CAN GET A LONG RIDE INTO LA AND YOU CAN WORK A BIT UP THERE OR GO TO LAX AND TRY TO GET A RIDE BACK TO ORANGE COUNTY

Chocoholic

VERY SIMPLE

CONTACT PAX AND TELL THEM TO ORDER A RIDE FROM ORANGE COUNTY TO LMU. GIVE THEM A PICKUP LOCATIOM TO ENTER CLOSE TO YOU.

MAKE THEM SEND YOU A TEXT CONFIRMING THEY ARE ORDERING A RIDE FOR DELIVERY TO THEM.

YOU CANT TAKE 4 HOURS IN TRAFFIC AND DRIVE 100 MILES AT 4 DOLLAR GAS PRICES FOR 15 DOLLARS

SO NOW YOU CAN GET A LONG RIDE INTO LA AND YOU CAN WORK A BIT UP THERE OR GO TO LAX AND TRY TO GET A RIDE BACK TO ORANGE COUNTY
Or just mail it First Class USPS for about $3 or less and take the $15.

LAWeasel

I usually wait until enough crap piles up or I need to stop in a hub anyway, then bring it all at once, unless I'm close by and it's slow.

k4ever

VERY SIMPLE

I like this idea. Plus ask for a $10 tip at least. Problem is that the pax can complain to Uber about this and get the driver deactivated ... right?

MOJAVE MADMAN

I like this idea. Plus ask for a $10 tip at least. Problem is that the pax can complain to Uber about this and get the driver deactivated ... right?
HE COULE GIVE THEM THE OPTION TO COME DRIVE TO ORANGE COUNTY FOR FREE AND PICK THEM UP

BY THE TIME THEY PAY 4 DOLLAR GAS AND WASTE HOURS IN TRAFFIC THE UBER WOULD BE CHEAPER FOR THEM ANYWAY

IF HE IS GOING TO MAKE THE TRIP HE NEEDS TO GET PROPERLY PAID FOR IT

Iloveuberyay

U have to let uber support know n they will contact the rider that the lost item is in which station.
If u drop it off at a hub it would be better bcuz i once dropped off an item in my citys hub n made it to OC hub in a week n my rider was able to get it from his citys hub.
I dropped off a phone at a hub once. They told me they do not pay $15 unless you return it directly to pax. I left the phone and let them deal with it.