Found rideshare insurance in FL.

voyager1487

So for what its worth, I live in Florida, just called got a quote for 3300/6 month
that was for: 500 deductible on comp/collision and 1k for personal injury on a 2016 mazda.
current insurance is 1260 for 6 months...

Piratefish

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have em give you a quote. I switched both my vehicles to them, so I may have gotten a break. It was more expensive than geico. Of course geico won't write that policy in FL, until the state decides how bad to screw us.

Ubernic

So for what its worth, I live in Florida, just called got a quote for 3300/6 month
that was for: 500 deductible on comp/collision and 1k for personal injury on a 2016 mazda.
You must have some record on you, quotes here for a $500 deduct with huge amounts for coverage was around $160/mo.

Mars Troll Number 4

That's not much less than the quote I got for full taxi insurance. My last quote for Florida was a hair over $2000 a quarter (3 months)

Sueron

Live in Alabama, you might want to check with State Farm. My "ride sharing" insurance cost me $150.00/6 months ($25.00/mo), add on to auto policy, $500.00 deductible. They, this year started offering RS ins. If they say "NO", tell them to check with underwriting.

Last edited:

Mars Troll Number 4

That would be over 1300 per month with expenses. Under Ü x that's a lot of driving at .65 per mile.
There's no way i would ever take uberX trips in my taxi.. that would just be insane. I got the price quote to compare out the cost of ownig my own taxi VS mears.

666 a month (give or take) for commerical insurance isn't that hard to cover when you charge 2.40 a mile plus redlight time.

FL_Dex

I got a quote through Farmers, which is Foremost. $1,868 for six months but I'm not sure I'm going to keep the coverage at that level. That's 100/300 on bodily injury. The bodily injury and uninsured motorist (yah, Florida drivers) are $900 of the total, so I could probably trim some of that total by adjusting the coverage amounts. I'll do that before it renews. That does not cover any kind of package delivery, there's a special checkbox for that. The comp and collision are actually not much more than my wife's car.

SuperUberNoober

For Florida rideshare insurance, I got a quote through A&A Underwriters from Foremost for $1764 for 6 months, so almost $300 a month. Still checking around with other companies.

So this would replace my personal auto insurance. For me that means $300 a month vs $140 a month, so +$160 a month more. Worth it?

Edit: Now it's down to $260 a month if I pay automagically each month from my checking account. I think I'm going for it.

Last edited:
You must have some record on you, quotes here for a $500 deduct with huge amounts for coverage was around $160/mo.
What insurance companies did you call? I live in Florida and I'm in desperate need of Rideshare insurance I drive for Uber and Lyft I had an accident and I had Geico now they're dropping me because I didn't tell them. Geico doesn't carry Rideshare in the state of Florida so they can't offer it to me. The accident was not my fault I was ubering.

I called quoteeasy and they told me that Foremost would want a $900 down payment and $700 a month
Was that for Ride Sharing or Commercial insurance?