1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Found items

Discussion in 'Melbourne' started by Mojo24, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Mojo24

Mojo24

I seem to be collecting a lot of things left behind by passengers. What do you do with the items left behind?

2. pajala

pajala

Take them back to the Uber Greenlight Hub. I am over taking phones back to passengers and not getting a reward

Tom2828 likes this.
  3. Mojo24

Mojo24

Muppet HQ told me to do the same thing. But I don't want to have to go to Port Melbourne I'm an outer 'burbs kind of ant

4. Uberknot10

Uberknot10

Put in bin or eBay it...

Nearest cop shop is good enough if you care about karma

5. Mate, if its mobile phones just give it to Roos so they can stop crossing freeways at dark hours, and text GF's from paddocks.

If they're small items, drop them like you sowing them 500m apart.

If its cash, keep it.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  6. Magpies

Magpies

May be that's riders way of tipping you?

eXperiment likes this.
  7. Who is John Galt?

Who is John Galt? Author

Driving:
    UberX
    This is a recent situation, just before I went travelling where a pax left their 'phone in my car. I had dropped them off at a major hotel in the guts of the city and was on another trip to an inner city suburb, perhaps 15 minutes from where I dropped them. I didn't even realise that the phone had been left in my car and was alerted to it by my next lucky rider. I thought the strange sound was coming from my rider's phone but she indicated the 'lost' phone on the rear floor.

I dropped my current rider off and the 'lost' phone had a message on the screen to call the number of what turned out to be the owner's boyfriend. The text conversation is below, but it is worthwhile mentioning a couple of points. This young couple were staying at the Ibis hotel, a lot more than a couple of steps up from a backpackers hostel. They expected me to return the 'phone for petrol money which would have been insulting at less than $5. They then blew it by indicating some urgency with "my phone have important information and my university code".

I considered this to be ridiculous, so I made an outrageous counter offer. The boyfriend came back doubly quick with an offer of $50. :)
    This was perhaps equivalent to more than a 10X surge in cash for this 10 minute trip. The boyfriend shook my hand and handed me the $50 note. The girl was so grateful she gave me a hug.

The guy is probably still talking about the 'bargain' he got when he only had to pay $50 for the return of his girlfriend's phone. The last two messages were exchanged after the handover. This was a good transaction and everybody walked away happy.

IMG_4754 redacted and resized to 700.png

IMG_4755 redacted and resized to 700.png

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  8. Yarra.

eXperiment likes this.
  9. Lonesome Hobo

Lonesome Hobo

Driving:
    UberX
    WiJG, I seriously need you to be my Item Return agent, please. I've never been able to do that slick bargaining thing.
    Even when a young Brisbane Bears rookie left his wallet in my car and I hiked in the next day to drop it off at Melb Uni.
    Jeez.
    And when you do the night-running, drunkabandoned phones are almost like rear seat accessories. Have all these comments saying what a lovely person I am for returning their phones... but you can't really bank comments can you...?

Sigh.

LH

Who is John Galt? likes this.
  10. Apollo

Apollo

Driving:
    UberX
    Chuck them in the bin.

eXperiment likes this.