• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Found cell customer not replying

Jacdino

I found a cell phone under my seat so I contacted the customer by phone and text to get an address. It's been over a week now. I also did the proper procedure to support and I gave them permission to have him/her call me to set up a drop off. Notta! So how does one handle this?

Jacdino

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TDR

I found a cell phone under my seat so I contacted the customer by phone and text to get an address. It's been over a week now. I also did the proper procedure to support and I gave them permission to have him/her call me to set up a drop off. Notta! So how does one handle this?
Use.

DoYouEvenLyft?

Wait.....

Wait a minute....

You found a cellphone, and you are trying to contact the guy. You haven't heard from him in a week.

Well....of course you wouldn't hear from him is because you have his phone 😂😂

Where did you pick this person up? Was it a house? That's probably where he lives so check that place first.

Zaarc

Wait.....

Wait a minute....

You found a cellphone, and you are trying to contact the guy. You haven't heard from him in a week.

Well....of course you wouldn't hear from him is because you have his phone 😂😂

Where did you pick this person up? Was it a house? That's probably where he lives so check that place first.
I can't remember where my LAST drop off was let alone one from over a week ago. If the phone was important to him he would have contacted Uber at least, and Uber would have contacted you. If the owner doesn't care about it then it really isnt theirs anymore. So whose is it?

SatMan

Took some guy 10 days to contact me about a backpack he had put in the back during a pool ride. I didn't find it for 2 days since I had no reason to open up the hatchback. I had no idea whose it was. Finally got a phone message saying I need my bag....Took me 2 nights to get it to him. When I had a drop off in his area. Stupid people.

SuzeCB

I can't remember where my LAST drop off was let alone one from over a week ago. If the phone was important to him he would have contacted Uber at least, and Uber would have contacted you. If the owner doesn't care about it then it really isnt theirs anymore. So whose is it?
Find out what the lost & found laws are in your area. You may be able to turn the item in at your local police department and get a receipt. If no one claims it within a certain amount of time, in lots of areas, the item becomes yours. When you pick it up, you'll get a document saying that. In the case of a cell phone, you should be able to take it, along with the document, to the service provider's store and have the phone scrubbed and reset so you can use it.

Or you can toss it off a bridge in the middle of the night.

Your choice.