1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Fort Worth $30/hr Lies

Discussion in 'Pay' started by mattvuberx, Oct 4, 2014.

1. mattvuberx

mattvuberx Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Quite frankly, Uber is shady as ****. This ad email guaranteed $30 hourly. Only it doesn't, if you work longer than 8 hours. Uber cannot be trusted with this ****. Here's the ad language, as well as my interaction with support.

FORT WORTH: EARN $30/HR
    ON SATURDAY...GUARANTEED!

The Details

• CLICK HERE to Opt-In to the Guarantee
    • Minimum 8 hours online during the following hours on Saturday:
      • 9am - 2pm and/or
      • 6pm - 3am
    • Trips must take place in the Fort Worth Area
    • Minimum 90% acceptance rating
    • Must average at least 1 trip per hour
    • If you are online 8 hours during the periods listed above, we are guaranteeing you earn $240 in gross fares! Earn more? It is yours!

Mike S.
    (Uber)

Oct 04 17:24

Hi Matthew,

Thank you very much for reaching out. The guarantee is $240 total.

Here are the requirements:
    -Work a minimum of any 8 hours during these time frames today:
    -9am - 2pm
    -6pm - 3am
    -Trips must take place in the Fort Worth Area
    -Minimum 90% acceptance rating
    -Must average at least 1 trip per hour

Let me know if you have any questions!

Best,

Mike S.
    Community Operations Manager
    Uber

Matthew V.

Oct 04 16:19

Please confirm whether the promotion is $240 guaranteed or if it is $30 hourly during the specified times. I need to know ASAP.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  2. Jenidallas

Jenidallas New Member

I met the requirements but I'm almost skeptical that they'll pay me. Reading these forums has me believing they'll find a reason to tell me I didn't qualify. (10 rides in the period and I stayed logged on an extra 30 minutes just to be sure I met the 8 hours).

I also drove $47 in rides between the 2 pm and 6 pm that was outside the guarantee window so I'm going to be very curious to see if they try to tell me that is part of the guaranteed fares. I emailed to ask about it but my email went ignored.

I'm also still trying to get at least one driver referral bonus owed to me.

3. kalo

kalo Well-Known Member

I always had a big problem with these guarantees. No way to keep track of your acceptance rating or other stats about the guarantee period.

Shady as F*** is absolutely right.

Law suits... It's the ONLY way Uber will change..

mattvuberx likes this.
  4. Worcester Sauce

Worcester Sauce Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    wish I had good news for you....I fought for weeks to get paid....nothing but Uber doubletalk

mattvuberx and OldTownSean like this.
  5. OldTownSean

OldTownSean Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Not gonna happen. Sorry. Uber is very sneaky.

mattvuberx likes this.

6. uberdriver

uberdriver Well-Known Member

Trusting Uber to pay you what they said they would is like believing in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy at the same time. Uber treats their drivers worse than abusive parents treat their children.

mattvuberx and OldTownSean like this.
  7. Sydney Uber

Sydney Uber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    Travis has decided you are not worthy of guaranteed earnings

DriverJ, mattvuberx and OldTownSean like this.
  8. UberRey

UberRey Well-Known Member

I stayed in Dallas county the whole time. Didn't need any drama.

OldTownSean likes this.
  9. pengduck

pengduck Well-Known Member

I have had no problems so far with this. However I am expecting an issue this time. From 9/28 to 10/4 at about 10pm my rating stayed the same. Then out of the blue around 11:00 - 11:30 my rating dropped .03 stars.

10. OldTownSean

OldTownSean Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    One drunk db is all it takes

grams777 likes this.
  11. mattvuberx

mattvuberx Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I already informed them that in my professional career, I spend my days analyzing and interpreting legal statutes and tax code, and that I plan to request arbitration if they do not honor their guarantee. The tone of their responses changed almost immediate to "wait until your statement Monday, then contact us if there is a shortage." They probably do this **** on purpose, thinking that no driver is smart enough to call them out on it, and even if they are, they won't take legal action.

kalo likes this.
  12. mattvuberx

mattvuberx Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    To be honest, Uber was stupid to run this driver promotion. There were FAR too many Ubers on the road in FW that whole day. I worked about 11 hours, and made exactly 12 fares. And I was right in the thick of the action -- back and forth between 7th Street and TCU.

13. mattvuberx

mattvuberx Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This was one of their previous responses (before I invoked arbitration) when I asked them for my stats...

Ivan (Uber)

Oct 05 13:50

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for reaching out! Unfortunately incentive information is not available until your official statement is released on Monday. If you did not qualify for the incentive then the reason for disqualification will be shown on your statement. Please reach out to us if you have any questions regarding this incentive once your official statement is released on Monday. Thank you for your valued partnership!

Best,

Ivan R.
    Uber
    Partner Support Site

Ivan

Matthew V.

Oct 05 08:23

Please confirm how long I was online yesterday within the promotional window and qualifying area so that I can compare to my manual log.

14. mattvuberx

mattvuberx Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    A couple emails after notifying them I will take action...

Mike S. (Uber)

Oct 05 14:41

Hi Matthew,

Thank you so much for your response.

I do completely acknowledge the headline of the incentive in the email. I have forwarded this concern over to our Dallas team which has created this specific incentive for our partners in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area to look into the wording and specifics of the guarantee offered yesterday.

In regards to your specific pay, we do send out personal information on weekend incentives on Monday's to our partner's accounts. Tomorrow, when your pay statement is updated to included to include the guarantees, you will be able to see what you are being compensated personally for Saturday. If you believe there to be an issue, I'd be more than happy to look through it specifically with you to adjust it if it is not correct. You can email directly back to this email.

Thank you again for reaching out regarding the guarantees, and I'm happy to see this resolved further for you.

Sincerely,

Mike S.
    Community Operations Manager
    Uber

Matthew V.

Oct 05 13:20

It is pretty convenient that you simply ignore the part of the email stating $30/hr and the use of the word minimum, as if it doesn't have any legal implication.

It's not a misunderstanding. I am legally correct and plan to request arbitration if the offer is not correctly honored.

Attachment(s)
    Screenshot_2014-10-05-15-18-52.png

15. Worcester Sauce

Driving:
    UberX
    ...keep fighting. I finally received my incentive guarantees this morning from 4 weeks ago. It will take supporting documentation and perseverance. Good luck.

16. Worcester Sauce

Driving:
    UberX
    keep fighting. I actually got my incentive guarantees this morning from 4 weeks ago. Make sure you keep a logged and a copy of the original Uber email that offers the guarantee. Be prepared to fight for it though.

17. KeJorn

KeJorn Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yep, sounds about right. Ubers and Lyft apparently (or same people) :)
    7th and TCU was definitely the main area I saw business, aside from one that wanted to go to DFW airport.
    First time driving in Ft Worth and learned those basics pretty quick.

Uber paid the difference on my invoice to equal $192 (80%), so I cannot bash them on that since they only guaranteed $240 (gross).
    Certainly isn't $30/hr since I worked over 11 hours, but that was just to cover my ass and keep them from finding a way to deny me the guarantee.

Let us know if you get them to pay $30/hr for all 11 hours you worked.
    Their promotional wording does contradict itself and is misleading.

18. mattvuberx

mattvuberx Active Member

Driving:
    UberX

They guaranteed $30/hr and used 8 hours as an example. They required one ride per hour average rather than 8 rides minimum, suggesting working more than 8 would be paid accordingly. They flat out lied.

19. KeJorn

KeJorn Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I agree, their guarantee contradicts their wording and know exactly what you are saying.

However, even while driving that day, I only expected them to pay up to $240 (gross).
    That's because they lost my trust and respect, so my expectations have been lowered.

20. scrurbscrud

scrurbscrud Well-Known Member

We had a $350 guarantee running last weekend. I never take these. Grossed over $900 by cherry picking the **** out of customers and running around like a mad man during surges which were hitting 3 and 4X constantly. Wound up with only a 40% ping acceptance rate! Waiting to see if they want to hound me over that stunt. 5 min. away? **** that...;)