Former Driver Looking for brief last minute help with a move. $25/hr

MiamiFlyer

Former part time Driver here, previously well known on the forum in the Miami area.

I am looking for some last minute help with my move into Chicago after a buddy of mine cancelled. 1 bedroom apt worth of stuff, just need help unloading the truck to the freight elevator, and into my apt.

WHEN
Wednesday, Sept 20th, 1 pm

WHERE
Within a couple blocks of Union Station

COMPENSATION
Offering $25/hr Cash, 2 hr's pay GTD, should not take more than 3 hours.
Parking provided in the building's garage for duration.

Direct message here or reply here with questions.

lakersfan1

Call 2 Men and a Truck. Watch them offload all your crap in 45 minutes. They are expensive per hr, but they are fast, won't damage your stuff and wont damage your walls

LilRedWagon

Call 2 Men and a Truck. Watch them offload all your crap in 45 minutes. They are expensive per hr, but they are fast, won't damage your stuff and wont damage your walls
We just used them for a move, and they were really fast and really nice and careful.

NoPooPool

Former part time Driver here, previously well known on the forum in the Miami area.

I am looking for some last minute help with my move into Chicago after a buddy of mine cancelled. 1 bedroom apt worth of stuff, just need help unloading the truck to the freight elevator, and into my apt.

WHEN

WHERE

COMPENSATION

Go to hireahelper.com. Cheaper than Two Men and a Truck.

LilRedWagon

Thanks, NoPooPoo. We are in need of help with another move, so I will check out hireahelper.com

I think he's paying forward choosing to spend his money in the brotherhood. Repsect, ya'll. OP pm me if you get no serious response. I'll help for a slice and a beer.
I think you are right, and I think you're the man.

leroy jenkins

thanks for paying it forward OP. Helping a dude w/moving beats the mid-day lull unless you're an Uber masochist.

Welcome to Chicago. And for your sanity keep your car in the garage as often as possible.

lakersfan1

I think he's paying forward choosing to spend his money in the brotherhood. Repsect, ya'll. OP pm me if you get no serious response. I'll help for a slice and a beer.
Maybe intent is there, but honestly my muscle mass is the lowest it's ever been after driving for a year. Even 5 days out of the Army, professional movers kicked my ass compared to my move out with my Army buddies helping for pay. It doesn't hurt that they have all the dolleys and blankets needed for a professional move in. Seriously, professionals are professionals for a reason. People might think movers are just strong dummies, but after so many moves, they know what they are doing.

LoveTheBlues

Way cool to offer but with me all you would be getting is me bemoaning "Oy; who knew this sh&* would be so damned heavy!" - hopefully I wouldn't be saying it from the ER! The big question; How much do you tip the guy that volunteered?

WHEN

WHERE

COMPENSATION

From Irma to a Chicago winter. Are you a gluten for punishment?

NoPooPool

Maybe intent is there, but honestly my muscle mass is the lowest it's ever been after driving for a year. Even 5 days out of the Army, professional movers kicked my ass compared to my move out with my Army buddies helping for pay. It doesn't hurt that they have all the dolleys and blankets needed for a professional move in. Seriously, professionals are professionals for a reason. People might think movers are just strong dummies, but after so many moves, they know what they are doing.
You are so right once again Lakers Fan.

Way cool to offer but with me all you would be getting is me bemoaning "Oy; who knew this sh&* would be so damned heavy!" - hopefully I wouldn't be saying it from the ER! The big question; How much do you tip the guy that volunteered?

Glutton, not Gluten. Gluten is what is in certain foods that many folks try to eliminate from their diet

Isosconfig, that is a helluva nice offer to step up to offer to help MiamiFlyer with a move. That truly is paying it forward. Good man!

Last edited:

Rsabcd

A friend of my sister moves from South Fl to Chicago a few years ago, in Feb. 28 year old, was only out of Florida once, Atlanta for a week in July.

There was a 98° difference in temp from when he left here and arrived there.

Somehow he survived and he's still there. He loves your city, just not the winter.

pizza guy

A friend of my sister moves from South Fl to Chicago a few years ago, in Feb. 28 year old, was only out of Florida once, Atlanta for a week in July.

There was a 98° difference in temp from when he left here and arrived there.

Somehow he survived and he's still there. He loves your city, just not the winter.
I think you'd be surprised at how many Chicagoans would prefer a 20 degree day to a 90 degree day. If you know what you're doing you'll be taking off layers at 10 below.