Forgot the lovely non-surge lyft

Illidan

Sit in middle, nothing. Uber is much more reliable when it comes to surge

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-29-17-56-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-09-29-17-56-27.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 45

sre94

I hear ya. The last two days, I probably was in a "prime time" zone for 30 minutes total, and never got anything

Other than obvious events like bar close downtown, or a concert, Lyft's primetime seems to be based on a mix of a) historical averages or b) the prime time has already expired by the time the driver actually sees it

JasonB

Your acceptance rate is amazing.

When you take every single ride that comes your way, Lyft algorithm
gives you flat rate garbage, 100% of the time.

"Why should we give this guy a juicy 75% PT ride? He's going to
accept the next flat-rate line ride that comes up anyway..."

They save the nice PT rides for the more selective drivers because
they know if they don't feed us PT, our cars aren't budging.

Last edited:

Wombat7

Your acceptance rate is amazing.

When you take every single ride that comes to you, Lyft algorithm
gives you flat rate garbage, 100% of the time.

They save the nice PT rides for the more selective drivers because
they know if they don't feed us PT, our cars aren't moving an inch.
I normally find your responses to be pretty dead on but I've gotta disagree with you here.

Except for anecdotal evidence, there's no real evidence to support it. I say that knowing that I've been the recipient of rides several times where I was looking at the app seeing several cars closer to the ride then me and I get the ride. I'm assuming there's some logical reason why that has happened, they didn't just do it because they "needed to feed" me.

JasonB

I normally find your responses to be pretty dead on but I've gotta disagree with you here.

Except for anecdotal evidence, there's no real evidence to support it. I say that knowing that I've been the recipient of rides several times where I was looking at the app seeing several cars closer to the ride then me and I get the ride. I'm assuming there's some logical reason why that has happened, they didn't just do it because they "needed to feed" me.
I may (or may not) know a Lyft Software Engineer who verified to me this functionality coded into
the algorithm.

It's all part of their 'secret sauce', as is Uber's request algorithm.

I will just finalize my point by saying this:

If you're interested in a decent return for your behind-the-wheel time, you aren't doing yourself
any favors by auto-accepting every single ride that Lyft throws your way.

I would add in the caveat that this only applies to the 99.6% of San Diego Lyft drivers who are NOT
completing the weekly PDB.

The Gift of Fish

Sit in middle, nothing. Uber is much more reliable when it comes to surge
You can pretty much ignore PT pink at the airport here now. It will light up over the terminals and pings come through at base. Kinda defeats the purpose of PT; even the dimmer witted drivers will cotton on to this.

Illidan

I may (or may not) know a Lyft Software Engineer who verified to me this functionality coded into
the algorithm.

It's all part of their 'secret sauce', as is Uber's request algorithm.

I will just finalize my point by saying this:

If you're interested in a decent return for your behind-the-wheel time, you aren't doing yourself
any favors by auto-accepting every single ride that Lyft throws your way.

I would add in the caveat that this only applies to the 99.6% of San Diego Lyft drivers who are NOT
completing the weekly PDB.

I'm trying to go for the power driver bonus but it seems not even worth it. From driving tonight, only reliable surge seems to be downtown.

NCRBILL

I've never been able to earn the power driver. That is for drivers who pretty much drive everyday. You have way too many items to meet and any one of the three will cause you to miss the bonus. The 90% acceptance is the main item I never am able to hit.

Power zones are something totally different. I've been able to hit those if I was there but don't sit just to try