Ford fusion hybrid 2015

DriverMark

I have a 2016 Mazda 3 I'm still paying off that have used for rideshare. But, at 4% interest, with 2.5 years left on the loan, I'm paying nearly nothing in interest now. So, although I would like to pay it off, there are other things I put that money to since what is left on my Mazda is nearly interest free. So really depends on what your finances are like.

Eventually that car will most likely go to one of the kids. And since they are now working, probably cut them a deal to take over most of the car loan until it's paid for and then they will have that car.
Post automatically merged:

my fusion hybrid is at 215k and i am not sure what to do about it. running good no major problems yet
To be honest though, drive that sucker until it drives no more. You aren't getting anything to sell it, so might as well run it until the end. If it's still going strong, then that's awesome. Just have a plan for either repairs or new car if it dies.

Another Uber Driver

is anyone driving the above vehicle? how is it going? life expectancy ?
my fusion hybrid is at 215k and i am not sure what to do about it. running good no major problems yet
I have a 2014 as an Uber/Lyft car and a 2015 as a cab. They are essentially the same car. I bought both of them new.

If I let the cab (2015) sit too long, the twelve volt battery drains from some of the cab accessories that do not turn OFF. The electrical system is really too weak for use as a cab, as some times you will get icons' lighting up, but nothing is wrong. If you turn off the car, everything will re-set. This has not happened in some time, but, it has happened on occasion.

The break pads do not last too long.

Other than that, the cab has been pretty good. My gasolene bills are one third what they used to be. The air condition works too well. I live in the Capital of the New Knighted Steaks Uh-Murrica, so good air condition is a must for the summer. If people here are complaining that it is too cold, you know that it works well.

The cab has 43.000 miles/69.200 kilometers on it.

The 2014 has 83.000 miles/133.500 kilometers on it.

It has developed a problem like you described infra. I will get to it presently.. Other than that, it has been oil chages, brakes, tires, but nothing out of the ordinary. It functions as does the cab, except for the one thing that you described, to which I will get.

what happens if the car goes dead and i still have instalments left?
If it is worth it to fix it, do so. If not, tell the finance company where it is parked and tell them to come and get it. This will, of course, roach your credit rating.

around 6 grand
This figure is loons, correctamundo? That amount would make sense for a six year car loan if I come up with a ballpark figure for the price that the dealer had on it when you bought it. I am guessing that the prices are similar in the U.S. of A. and Canada for those things. I paid cash for my 2015. Financing a cab through a bank is an expensive proposition, South of Your Border. I do not know if it is in Canada. On the advice of my accountant, I did finance the 2014. I have one payment left.

im paying 500 bucks a month,
I assume that this is loons, as well. That works out to three hundred fifty and change greenbacks. That is somewhat less than what my monthly payments were, but, if you figure differences in pricing or whatever, you are still within tolerances.

Fusions have this problem of engine light stays on, and the ignition issues.
I have yet to see that with either of mine. I am a bit heavy handed/ham handed, though, so I might be turning the key hard and not knowing it.

the only issue i am getting is sometimes the abs lights and traction control lights pops up and goes within few mins and when the lights come on my steering becomes hard af. this happened around a year back got it fixed and its starting to happen again recently
I m getting this in the 2014, but not the 2105. Do keep in mind that they are essentially the same car. The owner's manual states that it is a sensor problem, so I am guessing that you must replace a sensor. Ford has had problems with its sensors for years. In fact, Henry and Electricity never did get along too well. He built himself an electric railroad in Michigan to work his plant in Dearborn. The problem was that when he tried to run trains, there was not enough electric for his car plant. He had to go to steam locomotives. But, I stray.

Despite the ABS light's being on, you still have the anti-lock. Ask me how I know this.

The owner's manual mentions only the "Service Advance Track" and it says that it is a sensor. It mentions nothing about difficult steering. I do not find that the steering is "difficult". It behaves more like mechanical steering, which few cars have, any more. As long as you are moving at five KpH, it steers acceptably. If you try to parallel park, it can be difficult. It is just like the old mechanical steering cars on which I learned to drive. The power steering in these things is electric, not hydraulic.

What was your problem when you got it fixed the first time? Was it a sensor? Did you go to a dealer? What did they charge you? (You can tell me in loons. I used to live in Canada, so I can go loons to Greenbacks and also Metric to English)

Did you change it at 100k miles?
Ford recommends sixty or seventy thousand miles/one hundred ten or eleven thousand kilometers, I forget which. I had mine changed and flushed by the dealer at sixty or seventy thousand.

Taxi2Uber

i am thinking to do that only. but once it dies ill need alot of money to buy another one
215K miles. Roughly $1/mile earned. You should have $215K laying around to buy several cars.
Fram oil filters ran an ad in the early 1970's with the tag line....."You can pay me now; or you can pay me later" The message was, change your oil and filter now or rebuild your engine later.
And that was the 70's when they say change oil/filter every 3000 miles. Sales pitch.
Changing the oil is overrated.
Every cab company I've worked for, NEVER changed the oil. (I got to know the mechanics, so definitely true)
They just added as needed. Checked level after every shift.
Cabs run 24-7, through the blazing Vegas summers here, and the cabs would still last 300-400K miles.(except GM)
Hybrid batteries are cheap now .. here's one for $800 just 35k miles on it. Just check salvaged yards
Just had a Reman. Hybrid battery put in a Prius.
$780 out the door, installed. 3mo/3k mile warranty.
And I've seen them go cheaper, but I knew this shop was good and honest.

JaredJ

I've a '14 FFH with 82k miles. I drive part time. It's held up well. Are you on your original hybrid battery? I had to replace the right axel due to a click when braking, but it only cost about $450 with OEM parts. Still on original brakes et Al. I blame the axel damage on the terrible condition of Houston roads and high water.

Immoralized

Wouldn't really worry for another 30-50 thousand miles. The battery could go tomorrow or it could go in another hundred thousand miles but one thing you can be sure of is that it is going to be needing a replacement so nothing you can really do about that at this point. Of course you can worry about it all day long but that not going to change much.

Engine should hold up the transmission should hold up and the only worry you have is going to be the wiring, sensors. Which could be a death of a thousand cuts if they start to fail on you one at a time.

oldfart

215K miles. Roughly $1/mile earned. You should have $215K laying around to buy several cars.

And that was the 70's when they say change oil/filter every 3000 miles. Sales pitch.
Changing the oil is overrated.
Every cab company I've worked for, NEVER changed the oil. (I got to know the mechanics, so definitely true)
They just added as needed. Checked level after every shift.
Cabs run 24-7, through the blazing Vegas summers here, and the cabs would still last 300-400K miles.(except GM)

Just had a Reman. Hybrid battery put in a Prius.
$780 out the door, installed. 3mo/3k mile warranty.
And I've seen them go cheaper, but I knew this shop was good and honest.
I would love to gross $1 per mile (total miles) , In my market uber pays 75 cents a mile and 10 cents a minute when there is a passenger in the car, and they pay nothing for dead miles, Ive been to Las Vegas and used cabs to get around That limited experience tells me that you probably have fewer dead miles than me or the op and probably more tips. So perhaps $1 a mile is really what you can earn there. For me in my market 75 cents a mile is the best I can do, and thats with the occasional XL ride.

I agree with the point you are making though,We should all be setting a little money aside every day, saving for a new car. As good as that advise is, its too late for the op, She has driven 215000 miles, and hasnt yet paid for this car, much less saved enough for another car

And about oil changes,, I guess Ive wasted $2500 on my current drive so far Do your cab companies ever change oil filters?? but no matter... I cited the old ad not to suggest oil filters were the only thing you have to do to insure you get at least 300000 mile out of your car. but rather, I was making the point that keeping up with routine maintenance and fixing things when or even before they wear out is the key. I guess Im still trying to justify the $2200 I spent on a proactive repair/replacement. Even your cab companies checked the oil every day and topped it off when needed

z_z_z_

Stop viewing your car as a "car" and start looking at it like a tool, you use it until it breaks then either fix it or throw it away. If you had an electric drill that you used everyday for work would you bother thinking about when it's going to break? Just wait for it to happen then deal with it. Worst case scenario you need a tow truck and lose $80.

As for your specific model of car being good or not you should have researched that before you bought the car, but from what I have seen in the taxi business if you're driving 100-200 miles/day any car can get way more miles than your average consumer thinks.

Age is the killer of cars, not miles.

Last edited:

Muhammad D

Stop viewing your car as a "car" and start looking at it like a tool, you use it until it breaks then either fix it or throw it away. If you had an electric drill that you used everyday for work would you bother thinking about when it's going to break? Just wait for it to happen then deal with it. Worst case scenario you need a tow truck and lose $80.

As for your specific model of car being good or not you should have researched that before you bought the car, but from what I have seen in the taxi business if you're driving 100-200 miles/day any car can get way more miles than your average consumer thinks.

Age is the killer of cars, not miles.
Age kills cars and also city miles. Hilly San Fracisco is brutal on transmissions and brakes. 100k miles in SF will put any car to the ultimate test. Sometimes I felt like my brakes would explode when I was going downhill in SF.

Gone_in_60_seconds

FORD = Fix Often Repair Daily

...yeah, and Ford's stock price is also in the dumps. Less than $5.00.

Always go Honda or Toyota. Toyota is the leader in Hybrid Technology ever since they produced the first Prius Hybrid in 1997. These cars are bulletproof.

Last edited: