• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

For those who rent weekly how much are you paying?

Inshur

justinp925

This question is for guys who have decided to rent a car weekly, what do you pay? I've heard to avoid the companies recommended by uber as they are a ripoff..I'm considering renting either a Camry or Prius, most places seem to charge $250-$450 a week is this reasonable?

shahul2011

Hi Justinp925

Just FYI I own 2015 brand new toyota Camry hybrid available for rent. I'm not a dealer just the direct owner for the vehicle. If your interested call me at 1-917-513-3582.

Thanks

Shahul

justinp925

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks shahul I'll be in touch.

I'm seeing a lot of ads promising $250 a week almost seems to good to be true...

justinp925

Damn 500 a week that's a lot in worried how much I'll be able to take home after that

ubernyc

not a lot.. lets say u make 1300 after the cuts.. you got 800 left, then u have gas to worry about so youll take home 600-650 maybe.

Genogts

not a lot.. lets say u make 1300 after the cuts.. you got 800 left, then u have gas to worry about so youll take home 600-650 maybe.
Don't forget Uncle Sam (self employed income tax) 25-35%. let said he will make 300$ per day x 7 days = 2100$- 31%( uber cut)=1449$- 200$(gas)=1229$-500$(car)=729$- 25%(income tax)=547$. Now you got 547$ for 7 days(78$ per day? This is totally absurd.WTF

ubernyc

yellow is the choice... plus if you could use uber t when u take pax to brooklyn.
yellow is busy non stop, waiting in lexington and 42 and all i see hands up in the air, but all yellows full or shift change

justinp925

After ubers cut and taxes it's ridiculous. How does yellow compare price wise for the car rental? I was under the impression they were even more expensive to rent but maybe I'm wrong.

ubernyc

It's around 120, but think about it no commission, no rating systems, no insurance, no repairs and best of all NO HEADACHES

Uber Driver 007

It's around 120, but think about it no commission, no rating systems, no insurance, no repairs and best of all NO HEADACHES
Isn't it more like $150~ish with the tax, CC fee, etc? Esp for newly licensed drivers, the better garages give a hard time renting so you go to a garage a bit out of the way and they will rent to you but charge closer to the max rate.

Lenny_yellow_cab

Yellow Cab Rental Fee (At my garage)

Rent 12 hr shift: $115

CC fee: $11

There is a $0.80 tax on each ride but that comes out of the pax pocket not the driver.

The garages are desperate for drivers because most drivers have either switched to Uber or they found employment elsewhere.

I've seen garages offer rent as low as $90 for 12 shift.

turbovator

Don't forget Uncle Sam (self employed income tax) 25-35%. let said he will make 300$ per day x 7 days = 2100$- 31%( uber cut)=1449$- 200$(gas)=1229$-500$(car)=729$- 25%(income tax)=547$. Now you got 547$ for 7 days(78$ per day? This is totally absurd.WTF
Yes!, and not to mention your depending on a company, who reduced the rates %70, increases thier commission from %20 to %25, has an totally insane rating system and can and does deactivate drivers at will without even giving you a chance to state your side of the situation. Now that's what I call JOB SECURITY. Try making those rent or lease payments with no income.

Drive Sally

What rental rate are you willing and able to pay? What if we owners could dynamically adjust rental rates according to your uber rating and driving performance?