For those who doubt how bad it is in LI

Was there a change in NYC TLC recently? Did they limit more drivers?

I used to do a few hours on the week doing evening rush hours, but since 2020 started it has looked like shit. Taking more time to relax and do other things for the time being.

Ironman8721

Was there a change in NYC TLC recently? Did they limit more drivers?

I used to do a few hours on the week doing evening rush hours, but since 2020 started it has looked like shit. Taking more time to relax and do other things for the time being.
This year hardly anyone can get online in nyc...and because most of the tlc drivers live in queens brooklyn area they all now moving to Nassau county...I know 3 of my own friends tlc drivers who are driving in Nassau county now

I stop ubering last November because I noticed there were many more TLC drivers and other non-tlc drivers on the island. Plus, as a part-timer, driving weekends only, I wasn't making any money. Lucky, i ended up getting a part time seasonal job which ended up becoming a permanent part-time job. So I don't have to do this shit job anymore.

Ironman8721

When Uber first came to the island tlc driver couldn't pick up on the island unless the pax was going to the five boroughs. Uber wouldn't give them a ping. Guess that changed
If you are a tlc driver in nyc then you have a different account on Uber...and because everyone can make a regular Uber account in longisland...tlc drivers are now making longisland account also...let say you drive black Camry tlc pate in nyc then you just need to rent or borrow a black Camry in longisland from a friend or rental company with regular number plates and drive for a day....now after you have active longisland Uber account with black Camry you don’t need to rent...you can just use your tlc number plate car in longisland and use your longisland Uber account since 99% customers wouldn’t care they just see a black Camry...even if 1% ask you why you have a different number plate you can just tell them oh I am in process of changing my plates or there’s some error on Uber app... any bs...that’s one of the trick but there are other tricks also...Today i made $11 gross average and saw tons of tlc number plates dropping bar passengers inRVC

islanddriver

If you are a tlc driver in nyc then you have a different account on Uber...and because everyone can make a regular Uber account in longisland...tlc drivers are now making longisland account also...let say you drive black Camry tlc pate in nyc then you just need to rent or borrow a black Camry in longisland from a friend or rental company with regular number plates and drive for a day....now after you have active longisland Uber account with black Camry you don’t need to rent...you can just use your tlc number plate car in longisland and use your longisland Uber account since 99% customers wouldn’t care they just see a black Camry...even if 1% ask you why you have a different number plate you can just tell them oh I am in process of changing my plates or there’s some error on Uber app... any bs...that’s one of the trick but there are other tricks also...Today i made $11 gross average and saw tons of tlc number plates dropping bar passengers inRVC
From the quantity of TLC car I see doing Uber I don't think it's what you say,o think it's just that Uber gives them rides now.

Jef313392

At 8 this morning I went on the Uber rider app and noticed 8 vehicles online within a 10 minute ride of my location available to pick me up if I needed. That's insane. 8am on a Saturday? Only a full timer would be out that early on a weekend. Uber was meant to be and should only be part time. These people should get another job. Too many vehicles, not enough demand.

LIsuberman

I was working this morning at 7AM - but I head out east to Suffolk - even with that strategy I am down $$ 25-40% from past years earnings at the same time. I check the rider app all the time and there are always too many cars on the road in south shore Nassau, especially near the city border towns. I do this part time, only a few hours a day, and the future of rideshare does not look bright on LI and will not change till some of these problems are solved or new laws correct them.

Jef313392

I was working this morning at 7AM - but I head out east to Suffolk - even with that strategy I am down $$ 25-40% from past years earnings at the same time. I check the rider app all the time and there are always too many cars on the road in south shore Nassau, especially near the city border towns. I do this part time, only a few hours a day, and the future of rideshare does not look bright on LI and will not change till some of these problems are solved or new laws correct them.
I agree that the problem needs to be solved but new laws will make it worse. If local governments regulate the number of uber drivers they'll start charging hundreds in fees for those who want to become and remain uber drivers. I believe Uber can regulate this through the app. They can do it by only allowing so many to sign on at certain times of the day based on demand. I'm not sure if that'll work but it's ridiculous that I found 8 cars available at 8am this morning near my home. Those drivers are wasting their time.

islanddriver

I agree that the problem needs to be solved but new laws will make it worse. If local governments regulate the number of uber drivers they'll start charging hundreds in fees for those who want to become and remain uber drivers. I believe Uber can regulate this through the app. They can do it by only allowing so many to sign on at certain times of the day based on demand. I'm not sure if that'll work but it's ridiculous that I found 8 cars available at 8am this morning near my home. Those drivers are wasting their time.
I see 6 to 8 cars every day within 3 to 5 mins of me . Don't want to see it like NY City where you can't get on line. Just think Uber should limit the number of car that can sign up to drive. As people drop out add more.

Jef313392

I see 6 to 8 cars every day within 3 to 5 mins of me . Don't want to see it like NY City where you can't get on line. Just think Uber should limit the number of car that can sign up to drive. As people drop out add more.
Limiting the number of drivers who can sign up would be impossible to manage. Drivers wouldn't be able to work when they want. Have to meet customer demand. Limiting the number of drivers online could work. When a driver signs off next one in queue is online.
I made $99 in 5 hours tonight. Covered a lot of territory to do it. Port Jeff, Huntington Station, East Norwich, Halesite, Commack, Hauppauge, Bay Shore, West Islip and East Islip. No surges and some downtime in between.

Limiting the number of drivers who can sign up would be impossible to manage. Drivers wouldn't be able to work when they want. Have to meet customer demand. Limiting the number of drivers online could work. When a driver signs off next one in queue is online.
I made $99 in 5 hours tonight. Covered a lot of territory to do it. Port Jeff, Huntington Station, East Norwich, Halesite, Commack, Hauppauge, Bay Shore, West Islip and East Islip. No surges and some downtime in between.
I can't believe you guys are upset by the lack of rides when you are getting paid peanuts. The minimum you could have driven all these towns is 87.6 miles. Your car depreciated $50.83. You made $48.17 which is $9.63 an hour. If you drove 5 miles for each pickup it's even lower (about $4.55 per hour.) Ouch.

Last edited:

getuplozer

why would we wanna work in long island with those shitty rates??
Post automatically merged:

TLC cops should bust more of those NYC TLC drivers working illegally in Long Island.
who wanna work on island with those shitty rate,
we make almost 40% more than island shitty rate,

Jef313392

I can't believe you guys are upset by the lack of rides when you are getting paid peanuts. The minimum you could have driven all these towns is 87.6 miles. Your car depreciated $50.83. You made $48.17 which is $9.63 an hour. If you drove 5 miles for each pickup it's even lower (about $4.55 per hour.) Ouch.
All automobiles are depreciable assets. You could apply the same logic to a job you drive to where you sit at a desk all day for an hourly wage.
Bottom line is that Long Island is saturated with Uber cars. Question is whether or not uber will do something about it. Although you may feel I worked for peanuts last night, Saturdays seem to be the only day to make money even with the saturation of uber cars.
Once again I go on the Uber rider app and see 8 available uber's at 8am. It's Sunday. These people are wasting their time. I'm willing to bet these drivers are the reason we see no surges like there used to be. This isn't NYC. People on Long Island are going to drive themselves to church or to get breakfast. Madness.