For those Stinky Pax

JerseyGT

Found something that really eliminates the BO and nasty odors some people leave behind.... Seriously, this works wonders.

Attachments

• 20170919_142739.jpg
    20170919_142739.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 90

HudsonDriver4Hire

Absolutely! After a good internal cleaning, a few sprays into the air vents, then let the air recirculate, it even got that old, stale cigarette smoke smell out of some of my cars.

UberSchmuber

Make sure you are not in the car throwing that stuff. Very powerful and overpowering for the nose.
Yup, read the label. It works great but it's dangerous if used improperly. Blast the AC on recirculate, spray a few squirts through the AC intakes in the footwells, GET OUT and close the doors and let it do its job. After a couple of minutes, drop all the windows and let it air out. Presto, fresh clean & stank free!!

how is this better than Frebreeze?
Literally KILLS the smell, hence the warning label.

SuzeCB

how is this better than Frebreeze?
Febreze works best on fabric . Yes, I am well aware that they also make a version for spraying into the air. Both the fabric version and the air version are less expensive than Ozium , and fine most of the time.

Ozium is a different thing altogether. It literally cleans the air and kills airborne germs. It was originally developed for use in medical facilities. Lysol will clean the air too, but let's face it, it's seriously lacks in the room deodorizer area, and the scents are rather chemical. Ozium scent when first sprayed is very strong, but it's not chemical. Or at least it doesn't seem to be. The scent dissipates after a few minutes, and you're just left with a clean smell.

Uber00

Febreze works best on fabric . Yes, I am well aware that they also make a version for spraying into the air. Both the fabric version and the air version are less expensive than Ozium , and fine most of the time.

Ozium is a different thing altogether. It literally cleans the air and kills airborne germs. It was originally developed for use in medical facilities. Lysol will clean the air too, but let's face it, it's seriously lacks in the room deodorizer area, and the scents are rather chemical. Ozium scent when first sprayed is very strong, but it's not chemical. Or at least it doesn't seem to be. The scent dissipates after a few minutes, and you're just left with a clean smell.
Lol it's all chemical.

SuzeCB

Yup.

Isopropyl Alcohol, Triethylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol & "Fragrance." :confused:
Of course it is. It just doesn't come out quite as much like a plastic coating over chemicals like Lysol does.

Lysol focuses on killing the germs and then by the way it will have a scent.

Febreze focuses on killings the offensive odor, applying a pleasant scent, and then by the way, depending on which Febreze it is that you buy, will kill some germs.

Ozium kicks ass on both aspects. The Ozium scent itself dies out fairly quickly, IMO. But the older you were trying to get rid of is gone. As far as the germs are concerned, I drove clean through the fall winter and spring cold and flu season, and I didn't get anything. That's with all of those germy people coming in the car, touching everything, sniffling and sneezing and coughing all over everything.

YMMV

JerseyGT

First of all, regarding Ozium, if you go anywhere near the inside of your vehicle less than 15 minutes after spraying it, you deserve the onset brain damage.

Before even buying it, I researched the contents (even the ones not listed by the mfr). Proof as to how? See attached photos. My "real job" requires me to know these things.

Lysol is limited as to what it kills and, at best, very limited on fabric as most bacteria needs to be bathed in Lysol's fluid for at least 5 minutes.

Febreze ONLY masks odors.... Does NOT eliminate or neutralize odors OR kill bacteria. It only temporarily "eliminates" odors.

There are two components that need to be dealt with in confined space.... Blood/Fluid Born pathogens and Airborne pathogens. Short of spraying the interior of a vehicle with a mix of bleach and water (bleach kills ALL COMMON INFECTIOUS BACTERIA/VIRUSES) which in turn, would slowly turn our vehicles interiors to a zebra pattern, the best option is a combination of Ozium and a fixed mount air freshener that would kick in after the Ozium scent subsides.

The only other REAL and EFFECTIVE solution is to buy a NEGATIVE IONIZER for the vehicle. That will eliminate all odors without any chemicals and a good "negative charged IONIZER" remove the common illness pathogens (especially one with UV filtration) Mobile ionizers are inexpensive and emit a constant fresh clean smell. I have several home IONIZERs and have tested everything from cigar smoke to food odors. Nothing but fresh air exits the IONIZER.

Attachments

• 20170920_100545-1512x2016.jpg
    20170920_100545-1512x2016.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20170920_101823-1512x2016.jpg
    20170920_101823-1512x2016.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 26
  • 20170920_102339-1612x1209.jpg
    20170920_102339-1612x1209.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

SuzeCB

First of all, regarding Ozium, if you go anywhere near the inside of your vehicle less than 15 minutes after spraying it, you deserve the onset brain damage.

Before even buying it, I researched the contents (even the ones not listed by the mfr). Proof as to how? See attached photos. My "real job" requires me to know these things.

Lysol is limited as to what it kills and, at best, very limited on fabric as most bacteria needs to be bathed in Lysol's fluid for at least 5 minutes.

Febreze ONLY masks odors.... Does NOT eliminate or neutralize odors OR kill bacteria. It only temporarily "eliminates" odors.

There are two components that need to be dealt with in confined space.... Blood/Fluid Born pathogens and Airborne pathogens. Short of spraying the interior of a vehicle with a mix of bleach and water (bleach kills ALL COMMON INFECTIOUS BACTERIA/VIRUSES) which in turn, would slowly turn our vehicles interiors to a zebra pattern, the best option is a combination of Ozium and a fixed mount air freshener that would kick in after the Ozium scent subsides.

The only other REAL and EFFECTIVE solution is to buy a NEGATIVE IONIZER for the vehicle. That will eliminate all odors without any chemicals and a good "negative charged IONIZER" remove the common illness pathogens (especially one with UV filtration) Mobile ionizers are inexpensive and emit a constant fresh clean smell. I have several home IONIZERs and have tested everything from cigar smoke to food odors. Nothing but fresh air exits the IONIZER.
But I get compliments and TIPS because paxes love the way my car smells.

Seriously. Apparently I have truly superlative taste in perfume (that I wear, not spray the car with).

Last edited: