For those complaining there is too many drivers

AveragePerson

For those Uber drivers complaining there is too many drivers in your market / saturated market, you do realize that is another way of saying you are paid too much because everyone and their grandma is rushing to do Uber and thus needs a haircut on pay to get less people to do Uber? Wondering if you know? :facepalm:

But I do agree though, there is too many drivers because Uber is more generous with their driver pay than the market can bare. I rather have another 20-30% reduction in rider fare.

Declineathon

2018 taxes filed, 90% of drivers leave in first year, <around Romeo Foxtrot November>

followed by uber lyft recruitment Advertising campaign, leads to freshly minted noobies.

Its not that theres too many drivers, like said cut the bull double the drivers take.

mrpjfresh

You can argue that angle, but it ignores the other important aspect: there wouldn't be enough drivers if the standards were higher. The barrier of entry is so low that almost anyone can do it. You don't even need to own your own car. Just be desperate enough and willing. Have you ever read the plaque under the statue of Travis at Uber HQ? " Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to make money. I will put them all in a car"

Unfortunately for you, rider fares are going no where but up. Really... where are riders going to go anyway? Public Uber and Lyft must become profitable and that involves both squeezing more money from both drivers and riders. Sure, you may see anomalies in the form of discounts and credits but these are only temporary as a strategy to increase market share. Cutting fares and operating at a loss on each ride is not a sustainable business strategy. There is simply no loyalty in rideshare; these gains are an illusion as riders can simply disappear on the next ride to the cheaper option.

Riders should enjoy these rock bottom, subsidized fares while the party is still going on. We will surely look back years from now and shake our heads at how long this cheap private car service farce managed to last.

Ubermcbc

For those Uber drivers complaining there is too many drivers in your market / saturated market, you do realize that is another way of saying you are paid too much because everyone and their grandma is rushing to do Uber and thus needs a haircut on pay to get less people to do Uber? Wondering if you know? :facepalm:

But I do agree though, there is too many drivers because Uber is more generous with their driver pay than the market can bare. I rather have another 20-30% reduction in rider fare.
Good for you. If you care so much, how about you do it for free?
Post automatically merged:

How much guber paying you for trolling? Is it per hour or per pissed off reader from this site?

UberBeemer

If you think we're paid too well, do your part, and take the bus.

Friendly Jack

How does the market "bare" Uber's generosity?

MyJessicaLS430

Good for you. If you care so much, how about you do it for free?

How much guber paying you for trolling? Is it per hour or per pissed off reader from this site?
May be 5 stars and badges in an exchange for a taco or coffee? :rollseyes:

1974toyota

So what is it guys? Make up your mind, is there too many drivers or is there not enough drivers on the road?
Its ubers way of finding that sweet spot as far as how bad can they %#%#%# over a driver,who then quits,and then nobody trys to sign up? Uber is always pushing the envelope to pay the least amount of $$$ to a driver for using his/her own car,own maintenance,own Ins,repairs,wear and tear on there car? IMO i put uber right along side of Lucifer when it comes to treating its drivers?JMO

are you one of the Uber employees that has stock options in Uber and can't wait to sell that stock in this train wreck called Uber? asking for a friend? JMO

Ubermcbc

You are such a coward or an idiot. Have you check the taxi rates? The cities all over the USA agreed $2.00 per mile. It was back than 15 years or may be even more when the gas price was under a buck. When per hour pay was $4 an hour. And you have a nerve to say that guber is generous. Guber might be generous on you for this nonsense post. Bottom line ride share rates should not be less than 1.50 per mile. I have data of my own experience of 15k+ trips with guber that i can easily compare with my 12k+ taxi trips. This job has long term implications on every drivers finance and health. That's why i quit last year. You should be kicked out from this site for this kind of trolling.

Riley3262019

You are such a coward or an idiot. Have you check the taxi rates? The cities all over the USA agreed $2.00 per mile. It was back than 15 years or may be even more when the gas price was under a buck. When per hour pay was $4 an hour. And you have a nerve to say that guber is generous. Guber might be generous on you for this nonsense post. Bottom line ride share rates should not be less than 1.50 per mile. I have data of my own experience of 15k+ trips with guber that i can easily compare with my 12k+ taxi trips. This job has long term implications on every drivers finance and health. That's why i quit last year. You should be kicked out from this site for this kind of trolling.
Let's call a spade a spade. Uber is stealing from everyone in the name of disruption. It steals from the driver, then from the municipalities, the state, and the federal government in that order. I am guessing that Uber is probably donating handsomely to top United States politicians, the reason why Uber executives haven't been indicted for grand larceny.