Uber Drivers Forum banner

For people using second phone or use rider app while driving for uber

1K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Jc. 
#1 ·
Have you drivers noticed that the range of how far you used to be able to receive pings drastically reduced?

For example if i was on the corner of oakland park and us1, i used to see myself if i moved the pin to lets say commercial and us1 but now my car disappears.

I estimate the range is now about 1 mile around you now where you used to get calls from at least several miles away

#3 ·
Have you noticed a difference though? For me in lux it is about a mile away this isnt good i have no pings in 20 hours and went out for dinner and my normal spots are no longer any good since my range is limited

Same exact issue on x

I also used to be able to see the queue from fll if i switch to x mode from sunrise blvd for example and now cannot see the queue either

#7 ·
The rider app is off and is going back and forth from normal to brokenm. For the most part you cant get calls farther than 1 mile away. This morning i found pockets where there are no lux cars available and there was 5 lux cars 2-3 miles away during rush hour

#12 ·
Have you noticed a difference though? For me in lux it is about a mile away this isnt good i have no pings in 20 hours and went out for dinner and my normal spots are no longer any good since my range is limited

Same exact issue on x

I also used to be able to see the queue from fll if i switch to x mode from sunrise blvd for example and now cannot see the queue either
XL has been the slowest in 15 months. Like horrible.

Hoping that Friday and Saturday are better

#15 ·
Are you lux?

Yes, I think is due to the fact that I forget to toggle my location settings from " High Accuracy" to "GPS Only"
But this would explain for myself... for example I use the rider app and move the pin within a reasonable distance of a car, and that car disappears. I even measured it at the Greenlight hub on 1 lux car, it was around I-95 and sheridan, I moved the pin down the street towards 441, and around 56th I think way before I actually got to 441, the car disappeared. I checked on google maps, and it was about 8-10 mins a little over 3 miles, I think a reasonable distance to pick up a pax being slow right now. In addition as soon as the car disappeared, when I request a ride the bottom says NO LUX CARS AVAILABLE. You can actually still order a car as I found out, but having NO LUX CARS AVAILABLE, and this happens on X also is a problem in general, the pax can go to LYFT or even worse a taxi lol. The supervisor wouldn't even acknowledge that this was an issue or even agree with me that his is a problem. The Customer service rep at least agreed that there is something wrong with that scenario.

Sometimes I can see the 8 closest cars, but often it is just 2-3, and even worse at night. I haven't had any pings over 10 mins or 3 miles I think in a few days. I used to see lux cars as far as maybe 5-6 miles away but most times I don't, and even worse if I move the pin around it says NO LUX CARS AVAILABLE.

The Greenlight hub gave me a bunch of runaround answers and even accused me of using the rider app and this is gaming the system, kind of implying it was fraud which they said it wasn't but to not to do it lol. I got as far as the supervisor, but allegedly the person I need to talk to is available on Monday. I assured them that I will be there on Monday very aggressively lol and that I would be stopping at all the greenlight hubs as the only think she claimed is true is that Uber is limiting requests to all drivers within a 2 mile radius of drivers, which I think is BS, and when asked if this was a new update or change, she said it has been policy the whole time, but said she had to confirm.

The problem is although she claimed she was a former uber driver because it was the first thing I asked, I don't think any of the people who work at the hub have every driven for Uber.

To be continued.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.