• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Food Couriers that are too lazy to deliver food to your Door

AveragePerson

Doesn't happen often but happens enough times.

They usually call you when they arrived in their car, at the side of the road and expect you to come out to get the food. Wtf. I live in a house with parking space too. Doesn't surprise me they are also the one to never follow delivery instructions. I laugh internally when they ask me to give them a thumbs up rating.

Kodyhead

They usually call you when they arrived in their car, at the side of the road and expect you to come out to get the food. Wtf. I live in a house with parking space too. Doesn't surprise me they are also the one to never follow delivery instructions. I laugh internally when they ask me to give them a thumbs up rating.
It used to be worse but its gotten better lol I've had the same issues as well

TomTheAnt

At least Dallas UE FAQ says the following:

Will my delivery partner bring the meal to my door or inside my office?
Your delivery partner will generally bring your order right to your door. If it's easiest for you to walk outside–that's fine too. You can always meet the delivery partner at the curb.

Guess some of the drivers interpret the ambiguous word of “generally” to their favor so they don’t have to get out of their cars. I somewhat understand if they do it when talking about apartments etc. as those could be quite a PITA, but not so much when delivering to a house.

Some of the places that you deliver to....I had a paragraph of how to get to them...park here ECT...I had one yesterday that gave me a security code and it was still with no parking....had to find a spot via meter park and bring it up...felt like a third rate person by a over privileged 20 something person...a...walked through a foot of snow because they didn't want to meet in the lobby...I wasn't happy soaked the rest of the day...

SuzeCB

When Eats first started, it was SUPPOSED to be curbside service. No going into the restaurants, no waiting in drive-thru lines, and no going to doors. No need to leave the car.

Drivers confused about that would contact Rohit, who didn't have a clue, and he would tell them to go to the door, so they did. And screwed everyone else.

Kodyhead

At least Dallas UE FAQ says the following:

Will my delivery partner bring the meal to my door or inside my office?
Your delivery partner will generally bring your order right to your door. If it's easiest for you to walk outside–that's fine too. You can always meet the delivery partner at the curb.

Guess some of the drivers interpret the ambiguous word of “generally” to their favor so they don’t have to get out of their cars. I somewhat understand if they do it when talking about apartments etc. as those could be quite a PITA, but not so much when delivering to a house.
Do you think these drivers not delivering to the door are reading........ anything? Lol

UberBastid

I hate you.
You never tip.
I spit in your food.
You never tip.
You complain because the food is cold, or not what you ordered.
You never tip.
And I'm making pennies to bring your fat ass a half dozen big-macs because you too lazy to go get your own.

Did I say ... I hate you?

Boca Ratman

the lazy fat slop ordinging a big mac fries and a shake to be delivered is calling someone else lazy.

that's just funny.

Benjamin M

I have only had a few Eats deliveries, despite being in a high demand area I hardly get a ping. I have never been tipped for one nor rated.

Some apartment complexes I have gone to have confusing nunbers and once I sat in front of the building for about ten minutes, finally texting the customer (once I found out how). Not like they receive a notification or anything!

I just had surgery so I won't be able to drive for a few days. Once I return to the road, I won't be able to lift much or walk very far, especially stairs. So keep in mind that the driver may have something that limits their mobility.

Personally, as a customer, I'd rather walk out to meet them. In a large part because I know that it will help them move on to the next ping faster. Oh, and I'm not lazy.

Unlike 95% of my riders, I always tip. Do you?

merryon2nd

AND...Now we know why we shouldn't do Uber eats on top of Pool/Shared. points at OP Exhibit #1.

Honestly, it was always meant to be a curbside delivery service. I won't be knocking on your door when there's a good chance your lazy self may have gotten your own address wrong like most people tend to be so good at. I've seen people shot over less than accidental trespassing (knocking on the wrong door, pulling into the wrong driveway).

P.S. Exercise is the key to elongated life. Consider it sometime. Soon, you'll have aggravated enough delivery drivers and RS drivers that you'll either be taking the bus or a bike anyway. You should probably start getting used to it.

Seamus

OP is a troll who makes complaints about drivers and waits for reactions. He has posted drivers complaints about:
-Drivers taking additional Pax on Pool rides
-drivers having cameras
-now drivers not delivering to door

TROLL. Note the name and ignore or don't respond.