Food anchor

NorCalPhil

Arrive at the pickup and guy walks up, opens the rear door, puts some boxes down and says "I'm waiting on a friend" and walks away towards a group of people.

Ok...

Time keeps on tick tick ticking away, and the cancel option appears. I look in the backseat and see the food containers.

I look over at the guy, he's still standing there with his friends talking.

Cancel, I'm out. Food was donated to some homeless people downtown.

bronkdog

Purses , cellphones, kids , luggage , trash , and even themselves. Food was a bad anchor for the pax but now at least you have something to give to the homeless. Sucks being stiff all day and nothing to give. I adopted two homeless people that a regularly give and feel bad when I don't have cash or food to give.

UberAnt39

Arrive at the pickup and guy walks up, opens the rear door, puts some boxes down and says "I'm waiting on a friend" and walks away towards a group of people.

Ok...

Time keeps on tick tick ticking away, and the cancel option appears. I look in the backseat and see the food containers.

I look over at the guy, he's still standing there with his friends talking.

Cancel, I'm out. Food was donated to some homeless people downtown.
Last time some guy in the Mission tried this and had to go back in the bar to 'get his girlfriend' I put the food on the kerb and left.

As ever, the right move was what you did, don't start the trip till all pax are in & doors shut.

I wouldn't drive away with the food though, db pax could report that you stole it.

CrashiusClay

Last time some guy in the Mission tried this and had to go back in the bar to 'get his girlfriend' I put the food on the kerb and left.

As ever, the right move was what you did, don't start the trip till all pax are in & doors shut.

I wouldn't drive away with the food though, db pax could report that you stole it.

I leave many riders on the "kerb."

UberAnt39

I leave many riders on the "kerb."
In 'merican and Canadian English, the noun meaning the edge of a sidewalk or roadway is spelled curb. In varieties of English from outside North America the word is spelled kerb.

IMG_6956.JPG

CrashiusClay

Crashius, it's weird, a lot of us missed you for the last 2 weeks. Glad you finally figured out your password. Welcome back.

An Uber rider called me and asked for my UP password after I accepted their request.

It had to be legit, because they knew about my account here.

So, I gave them the password.

It took me exactly 336 hours to get back.

SRGuy

Had a trip request 6 mins away in the 'burbs. Arrived and the house is dimly lit, appear nobody is around. Started the trip, waited 1 minute and start heading to the destination. Phone rings.
"Are you here?"
"Yes I was, XYZ Maple street and nobody was around."
"Are you sure you were at the tight house?"
"Yes, black Corvette in the driveway".
"We're ready now."
"Great, I'm on my way back."

Moral of the story - start the trip when you arrive. Doors remain locked until all of the passengers arrive. Drive off if they don't arrive or have too much crap. Finish the trip and move on to the next ride.