Florida/Georgia Line

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Can Uber drivers from Florida pick up PAX in Georgia?
No idea. I drive in Wisconsin and I can't pick up out of state, but Chicago drivers can pick up here. I think it has to do with which background checks are more meaningful / which states have more strict regulations.

FLKeys

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Surprisingly when I was in Wisconsin last year I turned the app on to see what would happen. It appeared to let me go online and was looking for trips. I did not leave it on long as I was in a rental car and really did not want to get a ping, I was just more wondering what the app would say when I hit go.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Surprisingly when I was in Wisconsin last year I turned the app on to see what would happen. It appeared to let me go online and was looking for trips. I did not leave it on long as I was in a rental car and really did not want to get a ping, I was just more wondering what the app would say when I hit go.
Were you in a rental? you can get away with that as long as someone doesn't report you. There were a couple of times when I had multiple vehicles on my Uber account and I would still be logged in as my Mazda 5, which was in the shop, but I'd pull up in a BMW. The two middle class middle-aged business women I did this to did not seem to mind the upgrade.

FLKeys

I crossed the GA state line Friday and turned on the app expecting to see some kind of error. Nothing, looked just like it always does. Driving up I-75 I leave the app open. As I am nearing Tifton I get a ping. I take a quick screen shot before it times out and then turn the app off. Just today I was looking at the screen shot and see it was for Uber eats. I guess the app turned off UberX and turned on Uber eats.

First Uber eats ping I ever saw. 18 min total - 3.2 mi for a whopping whole $3.00. What a joke. I bet there was no way I could get that trip done in 18 minutes. The traffic was backed up getting of the highway already, could not imagine what the surface roads and restaurants were like.

Oh well. I was just curious, had no intentions on working the weekend.

jaxgatorz

I don't do eats, so had no idea.. I do know Lyft works( for Fla drivers) in GA ( at least S.E. Ga.) .. I always leave the uber app on after GA. drop off to collect miles heading back to Fla..

FLKeys

I don't do eats either a few months ago I noticed it was an option for me. I never requested it. My primary area does not even have eats available.

Tampa Bay Hauler

It would let you go online to do Uber Eats. No Pax.