• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Flooding around Hobby Airport

bigprttygrlswag

Watch out!!! If you're going to Hobby Airport from 45south avoid Monroe and Airport blvd until the rain subsides. At 9am Monroe was under water at the freeway.

Broadway - despite all the construction and potholes - will be your best bet.

Just one more trip

Good advice. I'm staying in my suburb tonight since I know all the spots that flood. A couple of days lost income is not worth loss of use of my car especially at Uber-x rates. Surge on Uber! I bet some college kids will tear up the car mummy and dadday gave them tonight!

I have nuts

Would you risk your car on the reliability of a weatherman? Look at weather radar.
No, but I'm also not going to drive because people on here are scared of Couple of drops of rain. I've been driving since 4:00 inside the loop, I haven't seen any flooding anywhere. If it starts raining too hard I'll go home.

Just one more trip

No, but I'm also not going to drive because people on here are scared of Couple of drops of rain. I've been driving since 4:00 inside the loop, I haven't seen any flooding anywhere. If it starts raining too hard I'll go home.
I think you meant to use a double negative rather than the singular instance For example: No, but I'm NOT "not going to drive" because..... :wink: