• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Flat tyre.

Gibso

Hey people new to this, been driving for a week, just wondering does a bad rating affect my ability to get trips??? Can it be reversed? I got a bad rating for a flat tyre a 3 which is hardly my fault before that I had a five star rating.... appreciate the help... I also forgot they added a report now I haven’t had a ride in two hours... should I call Uber?

nonononodrivethru

Hey people new to this, been driving for a week, just wondering does a bad rating affect my ability to get trips??? Can it be reversed? I got a bad rating for a flat tyre a 3 which is hardly my fault before that I had a five star rating.... appreciate the help... I also forgot they added a report now I haven’t had a ride in two hours... should I call Uber?
You are quite new, I can see.

Bad ratings come and go. You will have perfect days with 1 stars.

You'll be deactivated if you get a few false accusations from passengers, but, if you're lucky, that will take 16,000 rides.

Uber on, padawan! Get ready to lose your faith in humanity!

Dekero

You can't control a flat tire.... I would have cancelled their ride and let them order a different ride from there to pick them up. As for the rating .. don't sweat it... Bad ratings happen... The good news is it's meaningless and just by continuing to do your thing and pick up more people it will wash out in the average. Give good service and the few people who are buttheads and give bad ratings will seem like nothing.... Above all do not let 1 bad rating get you down... Just give great service and it will wash out.

Welcome to the life! As for the report. If you have not done so yet Just to cover your ass I would make a report to Uber claiming that you had a flat tire on this ride, and while attempting to repair it you overheard the passengers talking about complaining on you...* WHICH MADE YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE" and based on that along with the bad rating they gave you... I hereby Request that Uber never pair the 2 of us again. This way Uber hears your side... And btw the only thing they fear to be retaliatory to is claims of unsafe behavior which is why I emphasis that whenever I make a report to uber.... And I make reports with any ride that I think might end up being a problem... The second the ride is over... That way you strike first

Mark this up as a learning lesson.. and go make that report!!

And good luck.

Gibso

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ol thanks all for the advice I get all that.... they were from Vietnam will never see them again but my main question is this will it affect my ability to get trips? Uber can’t give me a straight answer as to weather the report can be removed cause they didn’t phone in it’s only part of my rating ....but they have confirmed it will now hinder my ability to get rides at least I think.... there support is shit so three question 1) does it actually affect my ability to get rides cause I’ve mever waited this long since 2) can the “interapp” report “not from customer calling in be removed.... thus returning me to normal they have escalated this but again I haven’t received a straight answer 3) it does affect the quantity of rides I get.... does this last a while or average out over the long run.... and return to normalcy...

nonononodrivethru

They're giving you time to fix your vehicle.

Driving with a donut should only get you to the nearest point of repair.

It may be just coincidence, dead times come and go.
Post automatically merged:

Call Uber support if your vehicle is fixed and you're still not receiving rides.

Last edited:

Gibso

I did, and the flat is a regular, Uber confirmed that it would effect my ability to get rides then claimed they couldn’t answer that and have escalated my case and can’t give me a response for 24hrs.... weather they can remove it so I figured one of the experienced people in this community could tell me If they think getting a report (internally against my rating affects my rides or not...?

nonononodrivethru

I did, and the flat is a regular, Uber confirmed that it would effect my ability to get rides then claimed they couldn’t answer that and have escalated my case and can’t give me a response for 24hrs.... weather they can remove it so I figured one of the experienced people in this community could tell me If they think getting a report (internally against my rating affects my rides or not...?
Sounds like your passengers did you dirty. There's no reason a flat tire should be escalated.

Welcome to Uber. Passengers are heartless and suck.

Gibso

No no I escalated it with Uber to get it removed cause no one there can give me an answer as to weather it affects my ability to get rides all I just want to know from this group is does it affect my ability to get rides or not from your eztensive experience...

nonononodrivethru

No no I escalated it with Uber to get it removed cause no one there can give me an answer as to weather it affects my ability to get rides all I just want to know from this group is does it affect my ability to get rides or not from your eztensive experience...
You cannot escalate a rating with Uber. You and or the Uber support agent are confused.

Turn the app off. Log out. Delete it. Reinstall it. Log in.

If you are not getting rides, I cannot help you. Uber is a cruel mistress and it is best to have multiple apps as backup plans.

MoreTips

Look up what's called "Ubers green light hub" you can at least go there (if there is one in your area) and show someone who speaks English that your cars tire is now fixed and safety is hopefully not a issue.

These companies do not want drivers to know their inside policies so they sometimes will F up and tell you something then basically deny that the first response was ever given.

Welcome to UberPeople the place to help keep you sane, it shows you that Uber and Lyft treat everyone like [email protected]

Gibso

Ok so there must be some confusion.... I escalated with Uber support to have the report from my rating removed as it was due to a flat tyre they have said it takes twenty four hours before I will get a response... so I’ll let you know what they come back with... all I’m trying to understand is if such a report removed or not will effect my my ability to get more trips down the road I feel like it did... but it has since picked up....

Dekero

Ummm yeah... Good luck with the removal. Ratings are driven by the passengers. They are not controlled by Uber and unless you get down near 4.6 honestly they have no bearing on anything. The absolute best advice I can give, which I have in my previous response. Is IGNORE THEM, no they do not effect wether or not you get future rides.... With exception of maybe a rider cancels if they see your real low.... But your not so keep on keeping on....

Gibso

Ummm yeah... Good luck with the removal. Ratings are driven by the passengers. They are not controlled by Uber and unless you get down near 4.6 honestly they have no bearing on anything. The absolute best advice I can give, which I have in my previous response. Is IGNORE THEM, no they do not effect wether or not you get future rides.... With exception of maybe a rider cancels if they see your real low.... But your not so keep on keeping on....
Thanks that’s the answer I’m looking for! Cheers.

RaleighUber

No one here can tell you what Uber does or why. Uber does what they do..it's a black box with no reasons and no answers. Uber keeps it's process confidential...do they punish you for this? No one knows. Even Uber support knows less than you. "Escalating a question like this" just gets your hope up....vanity vanity, all is vanity. Let it go and hope for the best.

If you are a person who must know these things and how to fix them, then this gig is NOT for you.
If you are a person who values a trusted partner in business, this gig is not for you. Fuber / Gryft are not trustworthy or transparent.
If gaming the system is important to you, FUBER on and keep what you learn to yourself. :smiles:

UbaBrah

On my second week I was driving and all of a sudden the low tire pressure warning popped up. I figured it was just slowly losing air. So I pick up a bunch of dudes and drive them to the bar. I did that a few more times before taking a break and stepping outside. It was only then I noticed my tire was flat as a pancake. Nobody even noticed. Uber will have lots of fun events like that in store for you. But yes, definitely stay on top of things and check out your car as soon as you notice anything off.

The rating system sucks but you will wipe away that 3 as you drive. Happens to us all. Just be glad it wasn't a 1.

Rakos

They CAN remove a bad rating...

The monkey has had it done....

BUTT...it is exceptionally RARE....8>)

About the same frequency as a 2 star...

Rakos
personaje-de-dibujos-animados-lindo-del-gorila-con-la-taza-que-gana-71728798.jpg

Last edited:

Coachman

Uber doesn't remove bad ratings. As long as your overall rating is good, a few bad ratings won't hinder your ability to get rides. If I was in an Uber and it got a flat tire I'd probably leave a bad rating too. Just move on.