• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Flagged for Cancelling!

Tristy

Received some Lyft hate mail today about cancelling too many rides. Are they kidding me?! I have the right to refuse a ride to anyone at any time. It’s my car. I have had a rating of 4.95 for the entire year because I refuse to pick up undesirable people who i know will screw up my rating for no reason. So my volume is low but ratings are high. Lyft needs to get a grip. There are more than enough drivers in my area willing to take a chance picking up the garbage.

25rides7daysaweek

Received some Lyft hate mail today about cancelling too many rides. Are they kidding me?! I have the right to refuse a ride to anyone at any time. It’s my car. I have had a rating of 4.95 for the entire year because I refuse to pick up undesirable people who i know will screw up my rating for no reason. So my volume is low but ratings are high. Lyft needs to get a grip. There are more than enough drivers in my area willing to take a chance picking up the garbage.
You my Queen serve at the will of LYFT..

theMezz

I got an email for declining too many lyft rides
Around here 90% of rides Lyft pings me with at 15 minutes away

CTK

You can decline as many requests as you want, Lyft can't do anything. However Lyft can and will deactivate for excessive cancels, so if you've already gotten a warning it's best to stop canceling.

Dekero

You have the right to decline any rides.... However they will Deactivate you in a swift second for cancelling excessively.... Might take a minute but they get touchy about cancelling... Lol I've had 2 time outs for excessive cancellations myself...F LYFT

jlong105

So what, they want both way. eather am a independent contractors or an employee. Witch is it??
Independent contractors working within the guidelines we agreed to.
Term and Termination
This Agreement is effective upon your creation of a User account. This Agreement may be terminated: a) by User, without cause, upon seven (7) days’ prior written notice to Lyft; or b) by either Party immediately, without notice, upon the other Party’s material breach of this Agreement, including but not limited to any breach of Section 9 or breach of Section 10(a) through (i) of this Agreement. In addition, Lyft may terminate this Agreement or deactivate your User account immediately in the event: (1) you no longer qualify to provide Rideshare Services or to operate the approved vehicle under applicable law, rule, permit, ordinance or regulation; (2) you fall below Lyft’s star rating or cancellation threshold; (3) Lyft has the good faith belief that such action is necessary to protect the safety of the Lyft community or third parties, provided that in the event of a deactivation pursuant to (1)-(3) above, you will be given notice of the potential or actual deactivation and an opportunity to attempt to cure the issue to Lyft’s reasonable satisfaction prior to Lyft permanently terminating the Agreement. For all other breaches of this Agreement, you will be provided notice and an opportunity to cure the breach. If the breach is cured in a timely manner and to Lyft’s satisfaction, this Agreement will not be permanently terminated. Sections 2, 6, 7 (with respect to the license), 11-12, 14-19, and 21 shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.

Coachman

So what, they want both way. eather am a independent contractors or an employee. Witch is it??
People seem to be under the impression that independent contractors aren't required to adhere to terms and conditions. That's nonsense. I hire a lawn service (independent contractor) to mow my lawn every Thursday. Occasionally they come on Friday. But they always come once each week and do the job I hired them to do. Being an independent contractor doesn't give them the leeway of not performing the work. And I have the option at all times to fire them at will for no reason.

Yeah. My down ratings usually come from a female with a name like Tashaquiniqa or Shavantibonquisha. Minute people like them get in the car they start complaining and don't shut up the whole ride. The ratings should not be there at all. Imagine a town that maybe had 8 drivers out there most of the time. One driver grabs a few of his friends and just 1 stars them all saying they were drunk or on drugs and their car smelled like crap. They would all get deactivated and the guy would own the town.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
People seem to be under the impression that independent contractors aren't required to adhere to terms and conditions. That's nonsense. I hire a lawn service (independent contractor) to mow my lawn every Thursday. Occasionally they come on Friday. But they always come once each week and do the job I hired them to do. Being an independent contractor doesn't give them the leeway of not performing the work. And I have the option at all times to fire them at will for no reason.
I agree that IC's have terms and conditions, but if we compare rideshare to lawn care would we let the company that makes the lawnmower set the terms of our contract?