Flag Uber Driver Recruitment ads on Craigslist (Uber Spam)

Laz Yoldlug

spam Nov28_2015.jpg

Our "Partners" at Uber are continually posting & reposting driver recruitment ads on Craigslist.

They are openly not following Craigslist's rules.
They are rejecting Craigslist rules.
Please see for yourself....

Go to https://raleigh.craigslist.org/ and enter uber in the search box

Uber continues to mislead us, by flooding the market with unsuspecting & hopeful newbies, with no information or acknowledgment that each trip we accept, and each mile we drive, accelerates the loss of value, by adding wear & tear and detracting from the life expectancy in our vehicles.

When one replies to the ads, they are replying directly to:
(of course in the future, Uber could utilize blind email address response ads)

Prohibited

Users must comply with all applicable laws, the CL terms of use, and all posted site rules.

Here is a partial list of goods, services, and content prohibited on craigslist:
  • spam; miscategorized, overposted, cross-posted, or nonlocal content
  • postings or email the primary purpose of which is to drive traffic to a website
  • postings or email offering, promoting, or linking to unsolicited products or services
  • affiliate marketing; network, or multi-level marketing; pyramid schemes
Please don't use CL for these purposes, and flag anyone else you see doing so.

Thanks for helping keep craigslist safe and useful for everyone.

Last edited:

Laz Yoldlug

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Although I was blocked from totally viewing anything on Craigslist, once I emailed the proof I posted when I created this thread, when I checked next morning and every time thereafter, the block was removed. It must have been temporary.

I am free to continue my search on Craigslist for a real job!!

Has anyone else bothered to check recently if Uber is complying with Craigslist's rule of not spaming by daily reposting of recruitment ads???

Laz Yoldlug

Uber back to spam posting multiple driver recruitment ads in each market on NC Craigslist.

FYI they are claiming possible earnings of $568.00 a week.

Madness, sheer madness!

Laz Yoldlug

Uber sneezes and Lyft catches Uber's cold.
Monkey see. Monkey do.
Winter Slump......Uber cuts driver pay...Uber offers drivers guarantees rife with limitations, conditions and stipulations.
Lyft says it is forced to cut remuneration to it's drivers in order to compete and remain relevant.

So with that being the case..
The last several days, I've been monitoring Craigslist and flagging all the multiple daily postings of Lyft recruitment ads, Postmates recruitment ads as well those by Uber.

Spam is spam.

Let's keep the playing field level.

Laz Yoldlug

Time to do a 180 degree turn. I just found out that it costs $25.00 per category to place a job ad on the Raleigh-Durham version of Craigslist. Other Craigslist markets are more expensive, many smaller markets, job ads are totally free.
If Uber & Lyft & Postmates are paying for their ads, it's still spam, but I'm not going to tag as prohibited as long as they are paying to advertise.