• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Five things I did incorrectly this weekend

Dammit Mazzacane

One) Picked up a dude standing at a street onramp.
I was NOT expecting someone to set their pickup on the side of an onramp/offramp near Safeco Field and yet... there's this guy waving his phone at me and legitimately here was the little yellow man icon. He was a cool guy and all, but... this could have gotten me rear-ended.

Two) Picked up what must have been a teenager.
This was obviously a teenager done shopping at the mall. The message I had on the phone was this was going to be a woman and I assumed it would have been an elderly lady or the requestor's wife.

Three) Nearly rear ended a pickup truck.
Goes without saying. This was from misreading traffic at a green light thinking it would get moving by the time I arrived to flow with it.

Four) Didn't keep the doors locked
Dude is helping his wife walk to the car. I see this at the last second as they got to the door and that spidey sense about vomit risk heightened. No puke, long ride, tipped in-app, but you all know that sense.
However: I've had people get annoyed when the door is locked when they show up and I ask for verification, so I've been experimenting with lock versus unlock when they get to the car door. This one I would have locked out to talk my way out of... in hindsight this ride was for about $25 at base.

Five) Was blushing
You know when you drive someone and you think they're cute? Man she was the whole kit! Couldn't do anything but every once in a while wish I was single.

Six) Not staking a sweet spot offline
I had a lengthy DF ride bring me out of the bar closure timeframe. So I was nowhere near the bar surge inside the city when a DF could have helped multiply the earnings.

Things I did right were:
A) Ran the Destination Filter decently. A large share of the trips sent me out of the city with largely highway miles. I was deadheading back to go fishing for more.

B) Stayed in an area and did some waiting-game work, but in hindsight missed the Everett Silvertips game let out, if there is any action there really.

C) Stuck it out while pinged to a nice neighborhood
One of my most profitable rides that night included waiting for over a minute beyond "five minute cancel time" for the passenger to show up. This was a nice neighborhood, and it was a nice ride as they were going out to dinner or something. I was halfway angling for an airport run in this case.

mark_mark

here’s my list:

Did not drink enough to get drunk on T-Night

Missed a Black Friday glitch, would have been over 80% off

Got the runs from raw roman lettuce

busted my left hand from U know what

Dammit Mazzacane

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you worry about your $/mile?
I aim for at least $1 / mile. This time around I estimate I ran about 0.90 cents a mile with all this deadheading, but suspect I'd be stuck for a long time in residential dead zones if I didn't go back to the action Saturday night.
I have one hand tied behind my back with $/mile because I reside in a dead zone for rideshare.

If it matters, Overall I picked up $23 / hour net for my labors on X.

Direwolfismyspiritanimal

Mine
- Spent the whole weekend in this dark hole working instead of with my family on the sunny beaches of Florida.

- Ate kale every day. No romaine, though.
FB_IMG_1542853902967.jpg

- Didn't eat any traditional Thanksgiving food with the exception of a baked sweet potato. Sad.

- When I get bored talking with pax I guess which Hogwarts House they would be sorted into for shiz and giggles. I got two wrong this weekend so I'm a failure at Harry Potter nerddom.

mark_mark

Mine
- Spent the whole weekend in this dark hole working instead of with my family on the sunny beaches of Florida.

- Ate kale every day. No romaine, though.
View attachment 276627

- Didn't eat any traditional Thanksgiving food with the exception of a baked sweet potato. Sad.

- When I get bored talking with pax I guess which Hogwarts House they would be sorted into for shiz and giggles. I got two wrong this weekend so I'm a failure at Harry Potter nerddom.
Family time in Sunny Winter Florida! Dude! I would be like PEACE! out

fyi! I ate Roman and’s true... go the nasties! but years of eathing nasty stuff has seasoned my stomach to just be like... What A?!?!?!

Fozzie

Things I did incorrectly this week?

* I supposedly made a rude remark about the TSA people at SEATAC. Received special screening.

* I supposedly made a rude remark about the TSA people in Savannah, GA. Received special screening.

* I got pulled over for speeding while aboard MCAS Beaufort. Did NOT make any rude remarks and successfully talked my way out of a ticket.

* I accidentally accepted a pool rematch at SEATAC, and before I could cancel it, I had a full car of pool pax. Yay.

* Rushing around the house, I accidentally knocked the backup hard drive for my server onto the wood floor. Now it's making noises and getting ready to die. (Anyone know of a cheap deal on a 8+ TB external hard drive?)

EDIT TO ADD:

* Grabbed the wrong tablet enroute to the airport. Instead of taking the tablet with ~200 movies, I ended up at the airport with the tablet that only had ONE MOVIE. Yay for 7 hrs (each way) watching G-Force.

Last edited:

Skinny1

Question for all the XLs and SUVs. If you drop down to X and accept a pool, does or can fill up all the 6 seats in one route? Just curious. Not that I want to upgrade onto a higher tier and accept pool rides.
I’m my thousands of Trips , only ever done “one” pool trip that was surged 3x in my Uber history.

Never again since then so I can’t answer the question.

fumbl3

Things I did incorrectly this week?

* I supposedly made a rude remark about the TSA people at SEATAC. Received special screening.

* I supposedly made a rude remark about the TSA people in Savannah, GA. Received special screening.

* I got pulled over for speeding while aboard MCAS Beaufort. Did NOT make any rude remarks and successfully talked my way out of a ticket.

* I accidentally accepted a pool rematch at SEATAC, and before I could cancel it, I had a full car of pool pax. Yay.

* Rushing around the house, I accidentally knocked the backup hard drive for my server onto the wood floor. Now it's making noises and getting ready to die. (Anyone know of a cheap deal on a 8+ TB external hard drive?)

EDIT TO ADD:

* Grabbed the wrong tablet enroute to the airport. Instead of taking the tablet with ~200 movies, I ended up at the airport with the tablet that only had ONE MOVIE. Yay for 7 hrs (each way) watching G-Force.
That is plain horrible, 7 hours with just that movie. Hopefully you had some Benadryl backup!