First Weekend Done

joe83

Hi all, Finally got approval from Uber to drive on Friday afternoon and got to work that night.

Absolutely loved it. Still working out the best times and locations but pretty happy with how it went.

Actually made a mistake for the first few hours. Uber had created 2 vehicle accounts for me and i had logged into 'UberEats' account - rather than the UberEats & UberX account. Rookie error!

Did about 60 rides. Happy with the $ so far. Will be interesting how it works out once costs are factored in.

Great way to meet people you'd never usually meet!

Grand

Hi joe83, welcome to the forum.:smiles:
You will find plenty of existing information and answers to most questions both within this city forum or located in other city forums.
Also worth checking the link below as it covers national issues such as ABN/GST obligations, seat belt requirements for children, alcohol in your car and new features including UberEats, Driver Destinations etc.
https://uberpeople.net/forums/Australia/

UXDriver

So let me get this right

You are happy with the $ but have not factored in costs?

Sounds like every new Uber driver....

sporadic

Meh, I had that once upon a time when I first started, and when I got gifted a $140 trip on 3x I thought I was making it. Then came January and the absence of surge while everyone disappeared on holiday...
So let me get this right

You are happy with the $ but have not factored in costs?

Sounds like every new Uber driver....

joe83

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
UXDriver, I will factor all the cost once I have completed the week.

Obviously I think I know what the costs are, which is why I am happy, but I want to be sure once the week is passed.

i.e what will EXACT fuel costs be, what will EXACT car cleaning, water, car maintenance cost be.

I'm just amazed you couldn't work out that's what I meant.

UXDriver

Yet again

Happy with the $ and you have no idea about costs

How about telling us how much you have made after ubers comission

How many hours

How many kms

Not hard to work out costs from that

mrmontenegro

Thanks Grand. Will take a look.
Joe good luck mate!
i am an old uber wolf over 4000 trips and counting and i can tell u a simple truth there is good money to be made out there and as soon you learn the ropes better...
the rest u will find out yourself...
they r many taxi driver wich use this forum and spew venom at any good uber story end of the day we all do it so dont let anyone deter u at the good fun u will have...and yes the pax are fun

laureb

Hi all, Finally got approval from Uber to drive on Friday afternoon and got to work that night.

Absolutely loved it. Still working out the best times and locations but pretty happy with how it went.

Actually made a mistake for the first few hours. Uber had created 2 vehicle accounts for me and i had logged into 'UberEats' account - rather than the UberEats & UberX account. Rookie error!

Did about 60 rides. Happy with the $ so far. Will be interesting how it works out once costs are factored in.

Great way to meet people you'd never usually meet!
Wait for your tax bill to kick in .. :smiles:

laureb

Yet again

How many hours

How many kms

Agree with you- The Gross $$ sounds exciting, once you factored the costs, you wonder for how much $ you working for. this has been discussed a lot of times in the forum. On a kind note, those @@@@@ are not registered for GST as yet, well beware, you will be hunted with a huge GST bill.:smiles: This is when I will say, oupsy

LevelX

they r many taxi driver wich use this forum and spew venom at any good uber story
Not just taxi drivers..... Uber drivers do it too, cause you're working 'differently' to them, and how dare you be happy doing that.

It'll take some time to work out the tricks etc. But at least you're enjoying it.

Ignore those that put you down. It was your first few days. But do sit down and work out costs etc. Remember you need to pay GST on the TOTAL FARE, (Not what you got paid). So put aside some money for that.

You'll have running costs etc to come out too and of course some income tax. BUT you'll work them out in a few weeks.

and i had logged into 'UberEats' account - rather than the UberEats & UberX account. Rookie error!
Do you want to do Eats? If you don't, ask Uber to remove it so you don't get eat pings.

Graham J

Joe, if you can use Excel I'll zap you a simple spreadsheet which you fill in at the end of every shift (or week if you like) and it helps to paint a broad picture of how much you are making

x'ing

Hi Joe83. Welcome to the forum. Make you check with your insurance to see if you are covered for ride sharing. Best to let them know otherwise they may refuse a claim and cancel your policy which could make it very difficult to get insurance again. Best to be safe than sorry. Not worth running the gauntlet for the very little money we make (GST, INCOME TAX, DIMINISHING VALUE OF THE CAR DUE HIGH KMS all bite hard, however may not seem all that apparent in the early days) .

Skylar

Hey Graham. Can you please send it to me so that I could take a look at it? I have one on my own but would love to try yours. Thanks. My address is daniel . skylar at gmail

joe83

Yet again

How many hours

How many kms

I won't know the how profitable it is until the end of the week.

I'm leasing a car which has a weekly charge. I need to know how much of a return I get on this outlay - over a whole week.

Anyway I'm not looking for your approval. If you don't think driving for Uber is worthwhile then don't do it.

joe83

Joe, if you can use Excel I'll zap you a simple spreadsheet which you fill in at the end of every shift (or week if you like) and it helps to paint a broad picture of how much you are making
Hi Graham, That would be great. Thanks

sporadic

Leasing a car to do Uber isn't a good idea, to be honest...
I won't know the how profitable it is until the end of the week.

I'm leasing a car which has a weekly charge. I need to know how much of a return I get on this outlay - over a whole week.

Anyway I'm not looking for your approval. If you don't think driving for Uber is worthwhile then don't do it

joe83

Leasing a car to do Uber isn't a good idea, to be honest...
It depends on the circumstance.

I'm just doing it in the early days to see how profitable/enjoyable driving for Uber is.

I don't have an eligible car so its a good way to try out Uber without making an investment in a newer car.