1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

First tip I did not really want to take...

Discussion in 'Tips' started by UberXTampa, Sep 5, 2015.

1. UberXTampa

UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    I am driving back home from a trip today and just as I am passing the library, I get a ping with ETA of 1 minute from the library.

I say, what the heck, even a minimum fare is fine, since I am in front of the library anyways.

A young man, waiting for me as I approach, immediately flags me, gets in the car and we drive off to his not so far home.

We talk about things, he has a book review project, also working in food industry and his dress shows it. He is clean, kind and doesn't smell 'food industry' funny. he appears tired.

I drop off this young man, give him 5 star, wish him a good day wholeheartedly. I see an honest young man, trying hard, at this young age juggling responsibilities and is respectful, makes sense when he speaks and cool.

He then gives me a tip. I wanted not to take it. He is a teenager, he needs the money more. But he insists. Finally I appreciate his tip and take it.

In contrast, the wealthy people I took to their expensive dinners and clubs with loser minimum fare did not tip me the entire week. Up until this tip, I had no tip since Monday in uber platform.

I will keep that $1.00 and never spend it. It will remind me there are very good people and even uber cannot make an ******* of them.

RachelD, AshyLarry81, Cathi and 5 others like this.
  2. Oc_DriverX

Oc_DriverX

Driving:
    UberX
    I echo your sentiments. I did not do a ton of rides last night. But I did have at least several pick ups and drop offs at communities with manned gated entrances. I had a pick up at a Ritz Carlton. At the end of the night, the only tip was from a Lyft ride given to high school student going home after a game (yeah, the odds are the pax was not 18).

Go figure.

Cathi likes this.
  3. what does PAX mean?

4. Oc_DriverX

Oc_DriverX

Driving:
    UberX
    pax=passenger(s)

ddcano likes this.
  5. cityjohn

cityjohn

My few tips have come from people who must have felt it the most. The wealthiest seem never to tip.

RachelD and Cathi like this.
  6. mtl514

mtl514

That is true. Richness is in the heart. Those who don't have a lot, share a lot. Those who do have it, like to hoard it, well most of them do.

RachelD, Cathi and ddcano like this.