1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

first time pax puked in my car

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by uber pro, Sep 12, 2015.

1. uber pro

uber pro Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I need an advise.
    It happened , first time now. I had two pax .the one that was sitting by the front seat showed signs he cant hold it anymore. I stopped the car and pushed his head out the window. Still half of of it was on the door trim and the window electric mechanism. I took photos and imediately reported . Later i forced him to take off his shirt and give it to his friend to clean his mess.thats what he did. the car smelled like street meat. I made a mistake by continue the ride cause his friend asked me not to leave them. Anyways after a mile he showed signs again .nothing happened but than i ended the ride.
    Later i pulled into a gas station and somehow cleaned it. Im home now.
    My concern is how long do i need to wait before riding again. I got offline after that so uber wont have an excuse not to pay. I wrote a report and mailed it. What to do now.
    The car smells bad so im cleaning it. I dont want the smell to stay there forever.pieces of street hotdog are on the door trim.
    Bad luck .my worst friday since i started uber over a year ago.

2. DesDriver

DesDriver Member

That sounds like a really "fun" time. I wonder if Travis SOCIOPATH would enjoy the experience as much as you have? Driving Uber is just so much "fun."

**** I wish I could puke on Travis right now. I would puke right in his left ear and then down towards his neck.

3. uber pro

uber pro Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Send him over to me.i will teach this h..o how to clean up his ****.

DesDriver likes this.
  4. DesDriver

DesDriver Member

Take pictures. DO NOT clean anything. If the puke is down the door sill, you might have damages that are beyond the cleaning fee. What a glorious life we lead!

5. San Diego Steve

San Diego Steve Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Sorry to read about your horror story, that is wretched ****. What time did it happen at? Uber needs to surge basically to defry the risks of this **** happening. I'm done working drunk patrol, dodged a few bullets myself in nearly a year driving. My worst fear is your reality. This is why I call first and pickup second, no more blind date type of pickups. They can kiss my ass if I get an email warning, I'll use your story as my excuse for prequalifing each customer first. Keep us informed of what they pay you for this mess.

6. TransporterX

TransporterX Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Sorry to hear that. I hope you did took pics of every single area of mess. More pics, the better and the bigger compensation will be. Get it cleaned by professional auto detailer. Read thru past threads, i think someone posted a good auto cleaner.
    Next time, buy some of those puke bags from Amazon, put them in your car. Give them to your pax once you sense it will be coming.

7. jaimeritchie

jaimeritchie Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    this is why i dont drive late hours =( i hear it can take a week for the smell to get out. charge as much as you can.

8. uber pro

uber pro Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It happened at around 3am.
    The pax was a complete 5*
    Uber just wrote me back.
    I cant believe that. They are asking me to send better photos after i cleaned the ****.they say its too dark and not clear. I cant give them pics anymore cause already cleaned that ****. I went over to the same place and pictured all the remains on the street and his dirty shirt too. at a close up so the concrete not showing. What else can i do
    ?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  9. jaimeritchie

jaimeritchie Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    next time take 50 pix. literally.

10. IUberULongTime

IUberULongTime Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Pax puked in my car a few months ago. She didnt show any sign of vomiting then all of a sudden she quickly rolled down the window and puked all over the place. Chunks of solid and liquid got in the window sill, on the panel, got some on the leather seat and floor. Took 3 pictures right away and reported problem with ride. Next day Uber said they will reward me with $300 cleaning fee that will go toward my next pay, which i received thank god. I ended the ride and went straight to the self carwash. I use the vacuum to suck out as much puke as possible. Then I put in a few bucks and use the power washer to spray down the window, flooring and seat. I wasnt afraid of getting the interior wet since it will dry up. After that i use the vacuum to suck up every bit of vomit that was left over. The cleaning up part was done but the smell was still there for a few days. I tried everything in the book to get rid of the smell such as leaving baking soda and a bowl of vinegar overnight with the windows up. I even spray vinegar mix with fragrance on the carpet and leather seats. I went back to work the next day, using fabreze and air freshener to mask the lingering smell. After a few nights the smell has dissipated a lot. A week after the smell was completely gone and pax were complementing on how good my car smell.

I now have a whole lot of experience on how to deal with this.

IKINCYA, pasadenauber and GeladaMate like this.
  11. uber pro

uber pro Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Thanks for the info.
    How long did you wait before you started accepting rides again?
    Did uber asked you to send better photos?
    they are trying to give me hard time.i dont know yet how this will end.
    At least the cleaning part wasnt so bad.i cleaned it myself same like you did but the window rails has some pieces stuck there.
    I will update when uber pays/ not pay me

12. Shakey Jake

Shakey Jake Well-Known Member

I had a pax puke in my car a couple of weeks ago. I was out a night of work and had to clean up puke and uber gave me a $50 cleaning fee.

13. IUberULongTime

IUberULongTime Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I went back to driving the next day. Uber did not ask anything, they just said sorry and paid me $300.

14. Shakey Jake

Shakey Jake Well-Known Member

I think it depends on what customer service rep you get.

I had a pax lean out the window and get a little puke on my car and they gave me $100.

15. San Diego Steve

San Diego Steve Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You did what your instincts told you to clean that puke up. I told your story to a Customer on why I refuse rides, he was appalled that it went in the window sill. You might need a pro to take care of it. Let us know if the ahols pay you.

uber pro likes this.
  16. Bill 99

Bill 99 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Ozium worked for me to get rid of the puke smell forever. My young son pukes too many times for men not to have a plan to clean up so I can drive the next day. Ozium can be purchased at any auto parts store. pretty cheap as well $7 to $10.... it attacks the stink molecules. Works great for me. Of course you have to clean up all visible signs of the nasty puke first, than spray 1 sec Ozium and close the dorr till the next morning.

17. CaptainJackLA

CaptainJackLA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    i use that in the bathroom. works great for stink bombs..

uber pro likes this.
  18. RogerJS

RogerJS Well-Known Member

You can also use the stuff they sell at the pet store for dog vomit, takes the smell right out

uber pro likes this.
  19. LA#1x3

LA#1x3 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Lmao I died

20. eman1122

eman1122 Well-Known Member

So does Uber pay a cleaning fee for vomit on the outside of a vehicle? If so, I wish I knew this. I had a passenger vomit outside of my vehicle but he got it all on the outer door. I was able to clean it up with no problem and had it washed the following morning.