FIRST TIME I HAD A PAX VOMIT IN MY CAR

NoPooPool

Well it finally happened. I picked up two co-eds from the bar going back to a local college at 1:00am. It took six months of driving Puber pax for my first puker mess. Pax friendly Uber is telling me the matter is settled. They are charging the friend of said puker that booked the ride on her account a mere $80 for the cleanup fee. I have been back and forth with Uber no-support three additional times with the same fake concern on their part, all the while telling me they have reviewed the matter and $80 is the fee they are billing to the account of the party that booked the ride, whether or not the $80 does or does not cover the cleaning fee and my lost time, and my potential earnings lost due to my shift being forced to end after only two hours. I now am waiting until daylight in order to send them more pictures with better flash lighting and/or the light of day. They have at least agreed to review photos I told them I would send them of the extent of the human waste (vomit) deposited on my back seat, floor mat, carpet, inside door and outside of car after she attempted to blow chow out the passanger side back seat window. Uber sucks and they are deplorable as most of us quickly find out. I will update if I get any additional cleaning fee after Uber's review of photos I intend to send with better lighting, which will more clearly show the mess made in my Cadillac. Any additional comments or ideas regarding this matter will be much appreciated.

80 is the most that I have ever got out of Uber for a cleaning fee. When I read about people getting more, they usually have receipts from the place they had it cleaned.

isosconfig

Im pretty sure I've seen all the backseat puke pics I care to. And my sympathies. Yes, the downtime is a real concern after biohazard. You seek thoughts on how to get more money from uber? How best to clean your ride? The potential yuke smell makes me cringe alone. And I'm sure you dont wanna hear it, too soon, but my thoughts are all about preventive and action at point of incident. Any warning? Barf bag? Head on a swivel? Do you watch your passengers? Do you have chit in car for immediate quick cleaning? Many dudes have narrowly avoided by pulling over and yelling. I'm have avoided by the opposite zen moves...speaking calmly and Morpheus voice. Old men do this......

Prius13

Im pretty sure I've seen all the backseat puke pics I care to. And my sympathies. Yes, the downtime is a real concern after biohazard. You seek thoughts on how to get more money from uber? How best to clean your ride? The potential yuke smell makes me cringe alone. And I'm sure you dont wanna hear it, too soon, but my thoughts are all about preventive and action at point of incident. Any warning? Barf bag? Head on a swivel? Do you watch your passengers? Do you have chit in car for immediate quick cleaning? Many dudes have narrowly avoided by pulling over and yelling. I'm have avoided by the opposite zen moves...speaking calmly and Morpheus voice. Old men do this......
"Take the blue pill, and you won't puke. Take the red pill and you'll owe $200 cleaning fee. Take the barf bag, and you'll puke 2 miles from here."

Zap

Congratulations! You've earned your first coveted "barf bag badge".

My last "barf" pax got me $150. $80 is an insult.

Kaleb379

I got $150, that's the only barf I have had in the car. It was on the interior door and got inside the speakers :frown:.

Mapnik

And I'm sure you dont wanna hear it, too soon, but my thoughts are all about preventive and action at point of incident. Any warning? Barf bag? Head on a swivel? Do you watch your passengers? Do you have chit in car for immediate quick cleaning? Many dudes have narrowly avoided by pulling over and yelling.
There are usually telltale signs that somebody is a puke risk, based in part on my own experience in the days before I was driving an illegal taxi.

episode 1: I had a couple I picked up at Wrigley in the 4th inning going to Glenview - leaving because g-friend was too wasted... as soon as I heard that window open in the back I knew it was only a matter of time, and it sure was - I just barely got pulled into the gas station parking lot, where she puked on the pavement while her man did nothing until I told him the trip was over and he needed to get out of the car. I sure as hell wasn't going to let them tell me it was 'all good now' going all the way to Glenview.

episode 2: Had two dudes in the back around Clark/Webster... heard the window open... I asked kid 1, "are you going to puke?"... he says, "no, I'm good." two seconds later... "yeah, I'm gonna puke." I pulled into the bike lane, turned around, said "open the door."... he stalls for a second... "open the @@@@ing door!"... he gets the hint, opens the door and ralphs all over the pavement, didn't get a single drop in the car... these guys weren't out of control, so I said, "as long as it's outside the car, you're fine by me...." a few moments pass... "are you good?" He says, "yeah I'm good." It wasn't much farther to go, so I took them the rest of the way and gave them 4 stars... As long as it's not in the car I do not pass judgment.

episode 3: Four dudes get in the car, joking around about their one friend, saying he's going to puke in my car... now, in this case, dude was talking the whole way, and I could tell that he was NOT in a puking state, maybe he was pretty loaded, but I could tell he was a zero-risk candidate, so I actually called the bluff and said, "nah, I don't think he's going to... there are telltale signs..." Of course I was right...

NoPooPool

Questions:
1) You're doing X rides in a Caddy?
2) Lessons learned?

Driving hurlers CAN be lucrative. If you have a strategy to deal with them!
Was out and set only on Select. Got a ping before I left my driveway after going online. Quick ride, maybe 25 min. from in my town to another part of my town from ping to dropoff. $14.61 + $6.00 tip on app. Then crickets in spots I usually get rides in my town, for over an hour. Watching minor surge in Joliet then Shorewood. Moved that way, turned my app off, got dead center of surge, which had gone dead red. Had set app to take any ride and the first one that pops up is a 3.0X surge Pool. Was 10 min. away, like 5 miles. Not too far for me in my neighborhood in the west southwest burbs. No deadhead to a spot so not too far in my book on a 3X surge on a Pool ride. Ride ends up 27 min., 13.55 mi. Took longer than normal due to stop when it appeared the one in back was not right and had started to gag and say no then yes she was going to hurl, as well as kept the ride running while I surveyed the back seat and outside the car and got some photos after I got their a**** out of my car. Was originally about to No Thanks it when ping popped up, but went ahead figuring a 3.0 Pool pays better than even a Select ride, and then thought about canceling when two navigation apparatus's were both yanking my chain. A portable Garmin Nuvi and Waze through the Uber app. Garmin is usually way better and trusty than the Waze, but for some reason it let me pass the bar where pax was, turned me around and wanted me to drive 5.4 miles in the wrong direction east. Called Pax and I was 30 seconds down the road from them. Then halfway through the ride while talking to the girl in front passenger seat, I know the one in the back seat is possibly getting the hebe jeebies. That is when she said no in reply when I asked if she was going to barf. It was "no/yes". She already had the initial surge (there's that word) and was trying to then hang it out the window. Took a few seconds to get stopped and pulled over. About 20 seconds too late. Paid $41.38 to me and whatever I can force out of Uber. I will be sending more photos which are more telling. I am going to keep at 'em until they get to $150.

Was out and set only on Select. Got a ping before I left my driveway after going online. Quick ride, maybe 25 min. from in my town to another part of my town from ping to dropoff. $14.61 + $6.00 tip on app. Then crickets in spots I usually get rides in my town, for over an hour. Watching minor surge in Joliet then Shorewood. Moved that way, turned my app off, got dead center of surge, which had gone dead red. Had set app to take any ride and the first one that pops up is a 3.0X surge Pool. Was 10 min. away, like 5 miles. Not too far for me in my neighborhood in the west southwest burbs. No deadhead to a spot so not too far in my book on a 3X surge on a Pool ride. Ride ends up 27 min., 13.55 mi. Took longer than normal due to stop when it appeared the one in back was not right and had started to gag and say no then yes she was going to hurl, as well as kept the ride running while I surveyed the back seat and outside the car and got some photos after I got their a**** out of my car. Was originally about to No Thanks it when ping popped up, but went ahead figuring a 3.0 Pool pays better than even a Select ride, and then thought about canceling when two navigation apparatus's were both yanking my chain. A portable Garmin Nuvi and Waze through the Uber app. Garmin is usually way better and trusty than the Waze, but for some reason it let me pass the bar where pax was, turned me around and wanted me to drive 5.4 miles in the wrong direction east. Called Pax and I was 30 seconds down the road from them. Then halfway through the ride while talking to the girl in front passenger seat, I know the one in the back seat is possibly getting the hebe jeebies. That is when she said no in reply when I asked if she was going to barf. It was "no/yes". She already had the initial surge (there's that word) and was trying to then hang it out the window. Took a few seconds to get stopped and pulled over. About 20 seconds too late. Paid $41.38 to me and whatever I can force out of Uber. I will be send more photos which are more telling. I am going to keep at 'em until they get to $150.
Questions:
1) You're doing X rides in a Caddy?
2) Lessons learned?

Driving hurlers CAN be lucrative. If you have a strategy to deal with them!
Actually Pool, not X, but read above.

Last edited:

SJCorolla

The last time I had a vomit incident a month ago, Uber posted $150 to my earnings under Cleaning & Repairs within a few hours. I believe the spill was just alcoholic beverage and affected only the rear right seat, which was very soaked. Nothing found on the floor or door/window. I reported it right away and sent only one photo; Uber did not ask for any cleaning receipts.

I've always carried two vomit bags in the seat pouch directly facing the rear right passenger, but obviously that is no guarantee from someone leaving a mess. So far I've had 3½ vomit incidents (one by a dog); only one pax had the sense to use the bags, another opted to open the window instead.

Of course I can greatly minimize this by not taking rides from 11pm-4am.

Attachments

• 20170827_023239(2).jpg
    20170827_023239(2).jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 44

DaCoach

That's what u get for working at 1am. The law of averages my friend. That's the chance u take for that extra 20 dollars u make !! Can't feel sorry for that!!

Grand Master B

Well it finally happened. I picked up two co-eds from the bar going back to a local college at 1:00am. It took six months of driving Puber pax for my first puker mess. Pax friendly Uber is telling me the matter is settled. They are charging the friend of said puker that booked the ride on her account a mere $80 for the cleanup fee. I have been back and forth with Uber no-support three additional times with the same fake concern on their part, all the while telling me they have reviewed the matter and $80 is the fee they are billing to the account of the party that booked the ride, whether or not the $80 does or does not cover the cleaning fee and my lost time, and my potential earnings lost due to my shift being forced to end after only two hours. I now am waiting until daylight in order to send them more pictures with better flash lighting and/or the light of day. They have at least agreed to review photos I told them I would send them of the extent of the human waste (vomit) deposited on my back seat, floor mat, carpet, inside door and outside of car after she attempted to blow chow out the passanger side back seat window. Uber sucks and they are deplorable as most of us quickly find out. I will update if I get any additional cleaning fee after Uber's review of photos I intend to send with better lighting, which will more clearly show the mess made in my Cadillac. Any additional comments or ideas regarding this matter will be much appreciated.

6 months of ubering and you weren't prepared to handle the situation? even at $80 cleaning fee, you would've been ahead in the game, if you knew what you were doing.

pics, contact w/ uber, & clean up should take 20 mins tops for vast majority of pukes in the backseat. 40 mins if you're willing to drive to a self car wash with vacuum. then log on to LYFT and finish out your day.

get your act together.

Last edited:

NoPooPool

6 months of ubering and you weren't prepared to handle the situation? even at $80 cleaning fee, you would've been ahead in the game, if you knew what you were doing.

pics, contact w/ uber, & clean up should take 20 mins tops for vast majority of pukes in the backseat. 40 mins if you're willing to drive to a self car wash with vacuum. then log on to LYFT and finish out your day.

get your act together.
Simple Grand Master. I do have my act together in most other aspects of this part-time gig for me. Only like 275 rides in 6 months. I hit my weekly goals and Quests when it is worthwhile to go for them.

I don't drive Lyft. I may or may not sign up for Lyft eventually. Right now Uber works well enough for what I want out of driving. I am disabled, so I have some limitations, but can make what I need to make every month.

I deserve a scolding from the Grand Master B for not having barf bags. You know, something I knew in the back of my mind I really needed to get some in the back seat pockets, but was lax and in denial. You know it is not going to happen to me. I knew sooner rather than later in this gig, I would have the pleasure of a 2:00am puker experience that would change my life in ways I do things as a TNP driver. You are right. I should have been prepared and had some barfie bags, and I should have paid better attention to the drunkie in the back seat. The front seat passenger that booked the ride was not loaded at all, and was very nice. She felt horrible. Her barfie friend was very drunkly apologetic and said she was the worst person ever, and the dumbest person ever. I agree to some extent, but I realize this stuff comes up with these amatuers that don't know how to drink, and don't know their limitations. She admitted she couldn't hold her liquor. I actually didn't even 1 star the account holder. She was so embarrassed and apologetic, not to mention the puker already owes her two or three hundred dollars. The puker kept saying she'll pay the cleanup fee and the other money she owes her. I 3-stared the account holder. She didn't do anything wrong other than bringing her drunk barfie friend back with her to the university. Live and learn.

Simple Grand Master. I do have my act together in most other aspects of this part-time gig for me. Only like 275 rides in 6 months. I hit my weekly goals and Quests when it is worthwhile to go for them.

I don't drive Lyft. I may or may not sign up for Lyft eventually. Right now Uber works well enough for what I want out of driving. I am disabled, so I have some limitations, but can make what I need to make every month.

I deserve a scolding from the Grand Master B for not having barf bags. You know, something I knew in the back of my mind I really needed to get some in the back seat pockets, but was lax and in denial. You know it is not going to happen to me. I knew sooner rather than later in this gig, I would have the pleasure of a 2:00am puker experience that would change my life in ways I do things as a TNP driver. You are right. I should have been prepared and had some barfie bags, and I should have paid better attention to the drunkie in the back seat. The front seat passenger that booked the ride was not loaded at all, and was very nice. She felt horrible. Her barfie friend was very drunkly apologetic and said she was the worst person ever, and the dumbest person ever. I agree to some extent, but I realize this stuff comes up with these amatuers that don't know how to drink, and don't know their limitations. She admitted she couldn't hold her liquor. I actually didn't even 1 star the account holder. She was so embarrassed and apologetic, not to mention the puker already owes her two or three hundred dollars. The puker kept saying she'll pay the cleanup fee and the other money she owes her. I 3-stared the account holder. She didn't do anything wrong other than bringing her drunk barfie friend back with her to the university. Live and learn.

Bigbadb91

Sucks that it happened but...
You haven't cleaned it up yet so you could take more pics?

And barf bags are the first thing you buy l, especially if you do late night lol next is dash cam which I haven't bought yet but will sooner or later

cubs121221

Ive had 3 puke cleanup fees. First one was $40 for puke just on the exterior. Second was $150 for puke on the exterior when girl puked outside window while in the Dan Ryan. Only a tiny bit got on the inside. I actually got $150 twice for it. It wasn't on my next statement like they said it was supposed to be. Support apologized and said it would be on the next one. Then, low and behold, it also appeared on my next statement. I kept my mouth shut. Third cleaning fee I got was identical to second one, but it was some guy puking on LSD. They only charged him $80. I went back and forth with support about how it should be $150, since it was the same scenario (all over exterior, tiny bit on inside) as last time, but they wouldn't budge.

NoPooPool

By the way all, after the 6-7 additional photos I uploaded to them and another two emails with the final one sent after the photos and hammering them with the 180 days of change, but they treat driver partners like the crud on my seat, have no compassion nor do they care about the drivers, I almost instantaneously received the email saying the are paying me $150 cleaning fee. Maybe they were generating the email after reviewing the additional photos I sent them and based on the photos they decided to pay me the $150 cleaning fee, BEFORE I fired my last shot across the bow.

Sucks that it happened but...
You haven't cleaned it up yet so you could take more pics?

And barf bags are the first thing you buy l, especially if you do late night lol next is dash cam which I haven't bought yet but will sooner or later
Oh, no man , it is all cleaned up like new. It never really smelled putrid, even though I left it from around 2:20am until about 7:20am to get some better photos with more light. So I am hoping the neutralizer spray does it's job.

By the way all, after the 6-7 additional photos I uploaded to them and another two emails with the final one sent after the photos and hammering them with the 180 days of change, but they treat driver partners like the crud on my seat, have no compassion nor do they care about the drivers, I almost instantaneously received the email saying the are paying me $150 cleaning fee. Maybe they were generating the email after reviewing the additional photos I sent them and based on the photos they decided to pay me the $150 cleaning fee, BEFORE I fired my last shot across the bow.

Oh, no man , it is all cleaned up like new. It never really smelled putrid, even though I left it from around 2:20am until about 7:20am to get some better photos with more light. So I am hoping the neutralizer spray does it's job.
Yes, dashcam is definitely on my Christmas list as my number 1 priority.

Grand Master B

you've got your act all together and yet here you are complaining about your self induced misfortune. your own words condemn you. if you messed up, then fess up. don't back peddle to a point it didn't make sense for you to have posted your original post here.

Simple Grand Master. I do have my act together in most other aspects of this part-time gig for me. Only like 275 rides in 6 months.

you're an established driver by experience which was already understood, hence me telling you to get your act together.

I don't drive Lyft.

that's a noob mistake. sign up now. won't cost you a dime. you should have figured this about a month after starting with uber...

I deserve a scolding from the Grand Master B for not having barf bags. learn.

you deserve a beating for repeatedly getting it wrong. i drove in the point of what you as a driver should do after, not before a pax pukes. much of your original comment revolved around you losing money. i clearly addressed that while admonishing you for fudging it up.

quickly take pics, contact uber, clean mess, turn on LYFT app (uber will temporarily deactivate you), and collect $80 and be ahead of the game. that's what smart people do, but apparently that's upsetting news.

Last edited:

UberBeemer

80 is the most that I have ever got out of Uber for a cleaning fee. When I read about people getting more, they usually have receipts from the place they had it cleaned.
Man that sucks. But you got something. Last time it happened to me, I suppose I was really lucky because only a few drops got on the seat, and the rider had a back she hurled into. But support denied me a cleaning fee because they couldn't tell what it was from the photos. The only other time this happened, a girl got her head out of the door and spewed on the outside, but they gave me $150. Go figure.