First time ever delivering bag lunches

KevinJohnson

Did you accept? The drops look closeby, can you complete in 1 hour?

$16 per hour gross for 2 hours. Maybe one time per week max. United Way doesn't have volunteers with all the unemployed today?

The Algorithm better give you a high paying order after completing this one.

Last edited:

FormerTaxiDriver♧

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did you accept? The drops look closeby, can you complete in 1 hour?

$16 per hour gross for 2 hours. Maybe one time per week max. United Way doesn't have volunteers with all the unemployed today?

The Algorithm better give you a high paying order after completing this one.
I don't know what to think. No damned tip!

Screenshot_20200707-125050_Dasher.jpg

KevinJohnson

I don't know what to think. No damned tip!

View attachment 483362
32 bucks an hour. I bet you could shave 5 mins on the next round if the houses are the same. No traffic, no parking problems, no waiting for food. I would take it.

I would sit in United Way parking lot at same time each day. After 3 days, gather Intel, ask them what time the order goes into the system. Looks like you got the ping at 9:53.

Last edited:
Reactions: MHR

Launchpad McQuack

No damned tip!
Of course not. That's a no brainer. People that are getting their meals from a charitable organization aren't going to tip. Their financial situation is the whole reason that they're getting meals from a charitable organization to begin with. That's not a knock on them. It's just the reality of the situation. If I'm seeking help from a charitable organization because I don't have money to buy food for myself, then I likely don't have money to tip with either. I know the retort to this is usually, "If you can't afford to tip, then you can't afford to order delivery." This is a different situation, though. They didn't order food from a restaurant. They sought help from a charitable organization because they weren't able to buy food for themselves. You're going to tell people that if they can't afford to tip, then they can't afford to seek help from charity?

NOXDriver

Both the Charity AND DD can both write this off as charitable work. The only person paying taxes (lol sure) is the driver.

Get this done super quick, but I'd be wary that some of the drop offs are chatters and want some company. Unless there is a hot nurse there, I'm a driver, not a chatter.

FormerTaxiDriver♧

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
32 bucks an hour. I bet you could shave 5 mins on the next round if the houses are the same. No traffic, no parking problems, no waiting for food. I would take it.

I would sit in United Way parking lot at same time each day. After 3 days, gather Intel, ask them what time the order goes into the system. Looks like you got the ping at 9:53.
Yes, I knocked it out in one hour.
Post automatically merged:

Of course not. That's a no brainer. People that are getting their meals from a charitable organization aren't going to tip. Their financial situation is the whole reason that they're getting meals from a charitable organization to begin with. That's not a knock on them. It's just the reality of the situation. If I'm seeking help from a charitable organization because I don't have money to buy food for myself, then I likely don't have money to tip with either. I know the retort to this is usually, "If you can't afford to tip, then you can't afford to order delivery." This is a different situation, though. They didn't order food from a restaurant. They sought help from a charitable organization because they weren't able to buy food for themselves. You're going to tell people that if they can't afford to tip, then they can't afford to seek help from charity?
That is United Way paying to have the bag lunches delivered in a crime infested neighborhood. I think someone's neighbor stole three bags off of one porch. Maybe 3 kids had ketchup soup instead? At least I was taking pictures at each drop off.

Last edited:

_Tron_

I love the idea of bag lunches. Nothing to get cold/soggy and leave people dissatisfied. It's about the only type of delivery I would consider doing.

In other news, I picked up a gal whose diner business scored a contract with the county to deliver food to "Covids". That was her nomenclature for delivering food to C19 victims being put up at hotels. They get 3 meals delivered each day. The hotel restaurant is completely bypassed.

I'm not sure what rates being put up at a hotel if you contract C19 (as opposed to a hospital or just staying home) but the county abandoned the idea of using a converted county property in favor of booking the victims in to a hotel.

There's some people making some serious money during this crisis.

kingcorey321

i need to hire a dd for charity. deliver 5 dollars worth of food i made and value it at 10000 . Tax deduction
Thanks dd for the idea .

Teksaz

We have one here from the Cheesecake Factory. It's always about 3 canvas bags full of frozen items and bread. It's one stop about 7 miles and always pays out about $20 bucks. I'd do that all day every day with no tip. You scan the bags when you pick up and again when you drop off. Easy money.