First time driving Uber since the cuts!

Fuberal

Last week I wanted to see how badly I was getting hurt with the latest cuts in L.A. I reluctantly did 30 rides to have a decent sample size and ran a spreadsheet comparison. All tough the per app on hour may be decent since I tried to do only surge rides (80% plus at a minimum of 1.6x) after comparing driving for 60 cents a mile to 80 cents, I grossed $118 less on 30 rides and factoring in the sky high gas prices, I spent $25 more on gas for a total shortfall of $143 for the week.

Game over! Next week I'll drive Lyft only and the week after that I'll do a hybrid of rides which I think is the best way to go for anyone who continues to drive.

Attachments

Last edited:

MOJAVE MADMAN

Last week I wanted to see how badly I was getting hurt with the latest cuts in L.A. I reluctantly did 30 rides to have a decent sample size and ran a spreadsheet comparison. All tough the per app on hour may be decent since I tried to do only surge rides (80% plus at a minimum of 1.6x) after comparing driving for 60 cents a mile to 80 cents, I grossed $118 less on 30 rides and factoring in the sky high gas prices, I spent $45 more on gas for a total shortfall of $163 for the week.

Game over! Next week I'll drive Lyft only and the week after that I'll do a hybrid of rides which I think is the best way to go for anyone who continues to drive.
You will take a flat $1.25 Lyft vs Uber $0.60 * multiplier?

Korean Ant

Last week I wanted to see how badly I was getting hurt with the latest cuts in L.A. I reluctantly did 30 rides to have a decent sample size and ran a spreadsheet comparison. All tough the per app on hour may be decent since I tried to do only surge rides (80% plus at a minimum of 1.6x) after comparing driving for 60 cents a mile to 80 cents, I grossed $118 less on 30 rides and factoring in the sky high gas prices, I spent $45 more on gas for a total shortfall of $163 for the week.

Doing LYFT only, will bring u back to Ubering the following week.
Just skip lyfting n keep UBERING ON

atmmanagement

With these sky rocketing gas prices how are any of you happy making whatever you make ?? $3.98 at Costco that’s crazy there goes our .2cent profit margin according to the national average ?‍♂? Coachella next week guys Friday PROTEST ✊?✊?✊?✊? Unless you like it in the butt then go hit up the desert ??‍♂

Fuberal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can't make that comparison when the reason it surged was because of the cuts in the first place. It just means a higher average per ride.
Of course you can, if you think it's surging because ants quit, you're mistaken. You must be new, I've been doing 80% surge rides regardless of pricing. In my case it's a good comparison.

UberLean

How many hours were you "available" to drive? Did you sit in areas waiting for surge and then turned on app? Or were you only available for those 17 hours listed as online?

Fuberal

Just a coincidence you got to cherry pick more the past week.
? you're definitely new, how much cherry picking and driving can you do in 17 hours? Anyway, take it easy my man
Post automatically merged:

How many hours were you "available" to drive? Did you sit in areas waiting for surge and then turned on app? Or were you only available for those 17 hours listed as online?
My door to door was a couple of hours more than app on. I always count my door to door hours, FYI drove a touch under 500 total miles. Also out if those app on hours, at least 1.5 was on DF where I had no pings of course.

Those are good numbers. I had the same number of rides, slightly more hours, and about half the gross.
That's because you didn't drive surge only or surge mostly I should say.

Last edited:

Fuberal

Anyone who has driven more than a couple hundred rides know where Fuberal is hanging out.
You'll be surprised how uninformed drivers are, experience still pays off but when the Charlotte surge shows up, all bets are off. Everyone will be an ant, what Uber really wants.