• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

First time deactivation

I was going about my business this morning, picking up and dropping off pax. I had 4 customers altogether this morning and made almost $20. I stop at a store to browse while I wait for a ding, come out of the bathroom, and my Uber app doesn’t work. Turns out the one customer that had a $2.30 ride reported me for impaired driving?! Mind you I had 2 customers before this customer and 1 after this customer and nobody said anything. Now I’m deactivated and waiting while they investigate. I’ve been driving for the a year and a half and I’ve never had a complaint! I guess I’ll have to drive for lyft in the meantime? This sucks.

Has anybody been deactivated recently that can tell me how this process works?

You'll be presumed guilty even when proven innocent b/c they'll put you back on after a week or so & tell you "don't let it happen again".

The pax was just hustling Uber for a free ride & you're collateral damage.

Sammy3068

There have been several threads regarding this subject which you should research. Unfortunately you are guilty until proven innocent which will almost certainly happen. Good luck.
That is right . Fuber kangaroo court. Sucking to your rider might help lol.

I was going about my business this morning, picking up and dropping off pax. I had 4 customers altogether this morning and made almost $20. I stop at a store to browse while I wait for a ding, come out of the bathroom, and my Uber app doesn’t work. Turns out the one customer that had a $2.30 ride reported me for impaired driving?! Mind you I had 2 customers before this customer and 1 after this customer and nobody said anything. Now I’m deactivated and waiting while they investigate. I’ve been driving for the a year and a half and I’ve never had a complaint! I guess I’ll have to drive for lyft in the meantime? This sucks.

Did you have lot of surges for last week?

Lol

AuxCordBoston

How can you be sure which rider made the complaint?

Atom guy

Yup. The infamous 48 hour hold while Uber "investigates." By investigate, I mean, do absolutely nothing except brush off your messages on the subject, then act like nothing happened 2 days later.

I'm surprised this happened on such a low fare. I've only had it happen to be on more expensive trips (including one where I was with them for an hour and made multiple stops).

Sammy3068

Yup. The infamous 48 hour hold while Uber "investigates." By investigate, I mean, do absolutely nothing except brush off your messages on the subject, then act like nothing happened 2 days later.

I'm surprised this happened on such a low fare. I've only had it happen to be on more expensive trips (including one where I was with them for an hour and made multiple stops).
Classic Uber tactic piss you off. Lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good news! My account was re-activated! After multiple workarounds emailing Uber through Facebook and the app, they reactivated the account saying that they take customer complaints seriously and to not let it happen again. They would have to take further action if another serious complaint arose.

Granted, I don’t know what investigation they did or how that worked.

I found out it was the $2.30 rider because when you look in the app, the amount was -$2.30 because Uber had to give her her money back/not charge her, so...she got a free ride and I was out of Uber work for the majority of the weekend. Ridiculous. But now I’m back on, so that’s good. It’s crazy how a small thing like that can derail you so quickly!

Yulli Yung

Let me see if I can get this straight. You have been driving for 18 months and never had a complaint??? That is hard to believe! It sort of goes to your credibility…

touberornottouber

While we might get $2.50 the riders are often paying $7 or more. To a lot of those riders that $7 is about all they have left in their bank accounts.

Let me see if I can get this straight. You have been driving for 18 months and never had a complaint??? That is hard to believe! It sort of goes to your credibility…
I suspect they mean serious reports to Uber not in-app reports or what Lyft calls flags.

NYCFunDriver

There have been several threads regarding this subject which you should research. Unfortunately you are guilty until proven innocent which will almost certainly happen. Good luck.
Same happened with me a few nights ago. PAX complained and received a message from Uber stating that I seemed impaired while driving on a recent trip. Instead of being on hold for 48 hours it was for 24. They've got to be kidding me. What is up with PAX making false reports? All I had in my belly was water, chicken parmigian, a tossed salad, challah bread and a diet coke. I called support and told them you've got to be kidding me!

NorCalPhil

Same happened with me a few nights ago. PAX complained and received a message from Uber stating that I seemed impaired while driving on a recent trip. Instead of being on hold for 48 hours it was for 24. They've got to be kidding me. What is up with PAX making false reports? All I had in my belly was water, chicken parmigian, a tossed salad, challah bread and a diet coke. I called support and told them you've got to be kidding me!
Should have thrown it up on your backseat to prove it - then submit for the cleaning fee.