• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

First thing Pax says: “never had driver not help me with my luggage”

MiamiUberGuy5

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Then you deal with it... Most passengers would not let you load it anyway if they cared about it that much... Difference is at least you tried.. which will in most cases pay off in tips from airport runs... My tips show that I am customer service oriented... Do yours?
Pax In Miami dont tip. You know how many elderly people with walkers and chairs I helped with their equipment and then didn’t tip me one red cent?
There is no line..

YES.. seriously go find something else top do if you cant offer your customers ..CUSTOMER SERVICE .. seems like 90% of the Drivers Can and Do ...and then we have the vocal yahoos that refuse to get off their butts for anyone ..the "I dont give a shaat crowqd"..
i do offer top services. I have a 4.97 rating, which is likely higher than you

MiamiKid

and if I pack the guitar but they blame me for United airlines breaking it, now what?
You're not
What in the hell is going on here 😂

Dang it have to actually work... boo. I miss all the good stuff ... meh 😒
Would always tip a driver l
So you'd downrate me for being disabled? Is it because you're too weak to load your own bags? Do you think that I owe you something for the scraps that rideshare pays us? Are you really that self entitled?

You're exactly the type of rider I'd kick to the curb.

My two cents.
Yes, am that entitled. Live in Buckhead, expensive neighborhood. A cut above.
Post automatically merged:

So you'd downrate me for being disabled? Is it because you're too weak to load your own bags? Do you think that I owe you something for the scraps that rideshare pays us? Are you really that self entitled?

You're exactly the type of rider I'd kick to the curb.

My two cents.
Would downrate you just for your attitude. And write up.

goneubering

Somewhat Elderly couple with 7 bags. I pull up to the airport pickup area and the pax’s husband walks up to me & finds me. I open trunk. They begin to pack the luggage in the back With no issues. Husband then asks if they can use the front seat to load another bag. I said yes of course.

then while talking to her husband, the wife (a bit frustrated) says “I never had an Uber driver not help with the luggage.”

This was funny and shocking to me. Maybe I’m wrong but I thought if someone desires assistance from another human, they kindly first ask for it? is that not what humans are taught instinctively to do? Also Am I a driver or a porter? I get paid to do one thing.

I would have gladly helped had she asked for it.. instead, after she made that ridiculous passive aggressive comment, i silently sat there and watched her load the bag into the front seat because it was a ridiculous comment considering she never asked for help, plus her comment was uncalled for. She didn’t even say “hi” to me yet, she was just mad I didn’t jump out the car like a Chinese phone factory slave to do more work than I get paid for.

Plus they had a guitar, Which is a delicate instrument. Airlines always end up damaging things like guitars, so I didn’t want to possibly damage that or anything else tha they have (this is another reason why I tend to now shy away from touching other people’s luggage and property. imagine the nightmare If something in luggage slips and falls out your hand and breaks, or maybe it broke in the airport and they still blame the uber driver for it.) she would be the type to blame/report me for the guitar being broken in half even though united airlines tossed it around ... see where im going with this?
I would like to see a poll on this.

Help old people with their bags. It’s not rocket science. No wonder people think we’re scumbags.
I had a Chinese lady one time who rolled out a suitcase that must have weighed at least 100 pounds!! I asked her if she was bringing a load of bricks but she didn’t speak English. Her suitcase probably weighed more than she did.

Last edited:

tc49821

I get Uber can pay shitty and pax tend not to tip. Besides hurting themselves I don't get such the hang up about getting luagge. That and some driver are so against a pax sitting in front.

MiamiUberGuy5

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Unless you have a health reason why you can't carry something. Especially for older people,it doesn't even become a $ issue. It just the right thing to do imo,that's how I was raised.
I’m not very strong. Good or no

I like to hope that some are pretending to be the IDGAF driver but in reality they would help.

I really dont see how anyone could be that @@@@ed up.
I would help if they needed it. I always help women (that are the only passenger) without question. However this time, The husband seemed like he had it under control and neither asked for help. I don’t see what part of what I did is bad. I have a 4.97 rating. You?

Last edited:

Mkang14

I would help if they needed it. I always help women (that are the only passenger) without question. However this time, The husband seemed like he had it under control and neither asked for help. I don’t see what part of what I did is bad. I have a 4.97 rating. You?
Not sure if you read the entire thread but there are people saying they dont help with suitcase because uber doesnt pay them to help. So i imagine a sweet granny struggling to load a suitcase while capable uber driver just stares👀. I find this extremely @@@@ed up.

If that doesnt describe your situation then that's good. I have a 4.96.

peteyvavs

Somewhat Elderly couple with 7 bags. I pull up to the airport pickup area and the pax’s husband walks up to me & finds me. I open trunk. They begin to pack the luggage in the back With no issues. Husband then asks if they can use the front seat to load another bag. I said yes of course.

then while talking to her husband, the wife (a bit frustrated) says “I never had an Uber driver not help with the luggage.”

This was funny and shocking to me. Maybe I’m wrong but I thought if someone desires assistance from another human, they kindly first ask for it? is that not what humans are taught instinctively to do? Also Am I a driver or a porter? I get paid to do one thing.

I would have gladly helped had she asked for it.. instead, after she made that ridiculous passive aggressive comment, i silently sat there and watched her load the bag into the front seat because it was a ridiculous comment considering she never asked for help, plus her comment was uncalled for. She didn’t even say “hi” to me yet, she was just mad I didn’t jump out the car like a Chinese phone factory slave to do more work than I get paid for.

Plus they had a guitar, Which is a delicate instrument. Airlines always end up damaging things like guitars, so I didn’t want to possibly damage that or anything else tha they have (this is another reason why I tend to now shy away from touching other people’s luggage and property. imagine the nightmare If something in luggage slips and falls out your hand and breaks, or maybe it broke in the airport and they still blame the uber driver for it.) she would be the type to blame/report me for the guitar being broken in half even though united airlines tossed it around ... see where im going with this?
You are in a service industry, if you understood what that meant you would make the first gesture to assist the pax’s with their baggage. This is YOUR business and YOU have to provide the best customer service regardless of your personal feelings If you want to be successful.

I like to hope that some are pretending to be the IDGAF driver but in reality they would help.

I really dont see how anyone could be that @@@@ed up.
I‘ve seen some drivers pull up at the airport and just pop the trunk and never get out to assist the pax, they wonder why they never get tipped. These are the drivers that make the rest of us look like 💩

Last edited:

BadYota

Unless you have a health reason why you can't carry something. Especially for older people,it doesn't even become a $ issue. It just the right thing to do imo,that's how I was raised.
you were raised to be an underpayed Uber driver? With no health insurance?

I don’t think anybody on here is going to watch a poor ol granny struggle if she’s alone. Let’s be clear, I rarely get ol grannies at the airport anyway! Also, according to polls, women tip less than men, and tip male drivers even less! Free service for free loaders! But if some business dude making over 100k a year can afford to fly, excuse me for making minimum wage and not wanting to make myself a fool for him. I remember when people got upset that that Uber passengers could tell drivers why temperature to set or if they could talk or not! But lift 50lb bags? Now that’s a bargain!

You are in a service industry, if you understood what that meant you would make the first gesture to assist the pax’s with their baggage. This is YOUR business and YOU have to provide the best customer service regardless of your personal feelings If you want to be successful.

I‘ve seen some drivers pull up at the airport and just pop the trunk and never get out to assist the pax, they wonder why they never get tipped. These are the drivers that make the rest of us look like 💩
tips come from conversation, and I always get tipped on airport rides if we hit it off. They never mention anything about loading bags.

peteyvavs

you were raised to be an underpayed Uber driver? With no health insurance?

I don’t think anybody on here is going to watch a poor ol granny struggle if she’s alone. Let’s be clear, I rarely get ol grannies at the airport anyway! Also, according to polls, women tip less than men, and tip male drivers even less! Free service for free loaders! But if some business dude making over 100k a year can afford to fly, excuse me for making minimum wage and not wanting to make myself a fool for him. I remember when people got upset that that Uber passengers could tell drivers why temperature to set or if they could talk or not! But lift 50lb bags? Now that’s a bargain!

tips come from conversation, and I always get tipped on airport rides if we hit it off. They never mention anything about loading bags.
If thats your attitude then you’ll never be successful in any business, you made the choice to be an Uber driver then complain because you think you’re entitled to more then what you agreed to.
Pax’s owe us nothing more then what the fare they agreed to pay and we accepted. Tips are given when we provide excellent service above just providing a ride.

Cold Fusion

Not sure if you read the entire thread but there are people saying they dont help with suitcase because uber doesnt pay them to help. So i imagine a sweet granny struggling to load a suitcase while capable uber driver just stares👀. I find this extremely @@@@ed up.

If that doesnt describe your situation then that's good. I have a 4.96.
Same “staring 👀 “ driver complains of Not receiving Tips

passengers are cheap, they don’t tip me for doing nuttin, they suck”

Last edited: