• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

First thing Pax says: “never had driver not help me with my luggage”

MiamiUberGuy5

Somewhat Elderly couple with 7 bags. I pull up to the airport pickup area and the pax’s husband walks up to me & finds me. I open trunk. They begin to pack the luggage in the back With no issues. Husband then asks if they can use the front seat to load another bag. I said yes of course.

then while talking to her husband, the wife (a bit frustrated) says “I never had an Uber driver not help with the luggage.”

This was funny and shocking to me. Maybe I’m wrong but I thought if someone desires assistance from another human, they kindly first ask for it? is that not what humans are taught instinctively to do? Also Am I a driver or a porter? I get paid to do one thing.

I would have gladly helped had she asked for it.. instead, after she made that ridiculous passive aggressive comment, i silently sat there and watched her load the bag into the front seat because it was a ridiculous comment considering she never asked for help, plus her comment was uncalled for. She didn’t even say “hi” to me yet, she was just mad I didn’t jump out the car like a Chinese phone factory slave to do more work than I get paid for.

Plus they had a guitar, Which is a delicate instrument. Airlines always end up damaging things like guitars, so I didn’t want to possibly damage that or anything else tha they have (this is another reason why I tend to now shy away from touching other people’s luggage and property. imagine the nightmare If something in luggage slips and falls out your hand and breaks, or maybe it broke in the airport and they still blame the uber driver for it.) she would be the type to blame/report me for the guitar being broken in half even though united airlines tossed it around ... see where im going with this?

Last edited:

MiamiUberGuy5

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Instacancel

:rolleyes:
When I heard her say that, I pulled out the phone and was about to cancel but it was a nice lengthy ride that I needed so I just put up with it. The rest of the trip she realized I was a nice person so she actually didn’t talk and just complimented me on a few things. Husband was the nIce guy and enjoyed conversation.

gave her the 3 stars. Would normally give 1 star but I didn’t want retaliation as 1 Star is more noticable.

Dekero

Yeah, I don't do a lot of stuff.. as I have stated on this site often... But I do believe we are in a customer service business..

Stop being a lazy ass and help load the luggage, nothing pisses me off more than watching other Uber drivers pull up at the airport and they just sit their fat asses in the driver seat while the customer tries to figure out their Trunk and load luggage... Whole time. Drivers picking his nose.... Lazy ass.

If for no other reason than to protect my paint and car I not only Help but I take bags out of Passengers hands to load myself and ensure they do not scratch my car... In the end it comes off as great customer service... If your not doing this for at least AIRPORT LUGGAGE. You sir are a lazy entitled driver ASS and should stay home.

And lastly you should be ashamed of yourself for not offering help to an elderly couple anyway.... Regardless of if they asked.... Asshat. And your I didn't want to damage anything crap is a sorry ass excuse for you being such a lazy ass...

Yep ... There you have it... Bet you were expecting us all to agree with you.. NOPE your an example of today's lazy self entitled bratpack... Get a real job. Your making the rest of us look bad.

MiamiUberGuy5

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I don't do a lot of stuff.. as I have stated on this site often... But I do believe we are in a customer service business..

Stop being a lazy ass and help load the luggage, nothing pisses me off more than watching other Uber drivers pull up at the airport and they just sit their fat asses in the driver seat while the customer tries to figure out their Trunk and load luggage... Whole time. Drivers picking his nose.... Lazy ass.

If for no other reason than to protect my paint and car I not only Help but I take bags out of Passengers hands to load myself and ensure they do not scratch my car... In the end it comes off as great customer service... If your not doing this for at least AIRPORT LUGGAGE. You sir are a lazy entitled driver ASS and should stay home.

And lastly you should be ashamed of yourself for not offering help to an elderly couple anyway.... Regardless of if they asked.... Asshat. And your I didn't want to damage anything crap is a sorry ass excuse for you being such a lazy ass...

Yep ... There you have it... Bet you were expecting us all to agree with you.. NOPE your an example of today's lazy self entitled bratpack... Get a real job. Your making the rest of us look bad.
and if I pack the guitar but they blame me for United airlines breaking it, now what?

Dekero

and if I drop the guitar and it breaks, now what?
Then you deal with it... Most passengers would not let you load it anyway if they cared about it that much... Difference is at least you tried.. which will in most cases pay off in tips from airport runs... My tips show that I am customer service oriented... Do yours?

Attachments

Benjamin M

I jump out of my car immediately when I see anything that might / should go in the trunk. Why? Nice scuff, long scratch, and torn rubber trunk seal from times that a pax carelessly threw crap in without me getting there in time.

It's also an opportunity to stretch and just the right thing to do.

WindyCityAnt

I never let pax try and jam anything in my car. In fact if they even attempt. I cancel. I don’t want there careless asses, breaking my car. It’s not for customer service. But I play that card.

Specially if there hot! Then I am more than willing to put your luggage in my trunk for you. 😉

Wolfgang Faust

Somewhat Elderly couple with 7 bags. I pull up to the airport pickup area and the pax’s husband walks up to me & finds me. I open trunk. They begin to pack the luggage in the back With no issues. Husband then asks if they can use the front seat to load another bag. I said yes of course.

then while talking to her husband, the wife (a bit frustrated) says “I never had an Uber driver not help with the luggage.”

I load and unload all luggage into my vehicle.

This was funny and shocking to me. Maybe I’m wrong but I thought if someone desires assistance from another human, they kindly first ask for it? is that not what humans are taught instinctively to do? Also Am I a driver or a porter? I get paid to do one thing.

I would have gladly helped had she asked for it.. instead, after she made that ridiculous passive aggressive comment, i silently sat there and watched her load the bag into the front seat because it was a ridiculous comment considering she never asked for help, plus her comment was uncalled for. She didn’t even say “hi” to me yet, she was just mad I didn’t jump out the car like a Chinese phone factory slave to do more work than I get paid for.

Plus they had a guitar, Which is a delicate instrument. Airlines always end up damaging things like guitars, so I didn’t want to possibly damage that or anything else tha they have (this is another reason why I tend to now shy away from touching other people’s luggage and property. imagine the nightmare If something in luggage slips and falls out your hand and breaks, or maybe it broke in the airport and they still blame the uber driver for it.) she would be the type to blame/report me for the guitar being broken in half even though united airlines tossed it around ... see where im going with this?

Seamus

Even if you aren't a decent human being who would help elderly people, for your own car's protection load the luggage. I never allow people to put into or take out of my trunk.

Don't cry when you get a big scratch or dent on your car when someone smacks luggage into it.

mch

Even if you aren't a decent human being who would help elderly people for your own car's protection load the luggage. I never allow people to put into or take out of my trunk.

Don't cry when you get a big scratch or dent on your car when someone smacks luggage into it.
The ones that don’t help people with their bags will be the ones crying the loudest when their car gets scratched

Fat Man

I stayed out longer than I should have Sunday morning and had 3 XL airport runs. All 3 got pissed when I didn't jump out to help with luggage. When they all said something, I told them that they packed those heavy bags, lugged them to the pickup spot, so they can load and unload them also. They always say something stupid like they pay me allot to be helpful. I tell them that Goober makes the lions share and I am not a bell hop at a hotel and I don't do bags. They are always surprised to learn how little a 60 ride a driver gets! I flatly refuse to do luggage! They don't like it, call someone else.

BadYota

I don’t really help people with luggage because by the time I open my trunk they’ve already loaded whatever it is. If they have multiple bags I sometimes do but the airport is busy and I’m not gonna get out then get barked at by the security guards who hate Uber drivers and will always come up and tell you to “keep it moving.”
I also don’t like hustling to pick up their bag like I’m begging for a tip. You see people do that all the time pretending to strain under the weight so you’ll feel bad for them and give them money. I’m no a slave and I don’t need to impress my master.

touberornottouber

Help old people with their bags. It’s not rocket science. No wonder people think we’re scumbags.
In general I go by that but you know what? If the trip is a minimum ride and I'm having a bad day sometimes I'm just not in the mood to load 7 bags for $3. OTOH, older folks do seem to tip more often in my experience...