First spill

TexasSteeler

Well it finally happened. Two drunk older ladies from a retirement party. One smuggled in red wine in a cup which I didn't see (I don't let passengers bring in alcohol). While stuck in traffic I hear one say " oh damn there goes the red wine"! Then starts yelling at me. "It's a cost of doing business @@@@@@@ you should know that's going to happen if you give people rides". Then tries to open door of moving car. Slightly more reasonable passenger calmed her down. Submitted pics and story to the stellar helpline. First response was " We're always here to help. Can you describe nature of the spillable liquid"? Good Lord.

Last edited:

Mikek999

Tell us how much they are willing to compensate you. My last on they low balled me for $50. I’ve gotten $150 once which was much less noticeable then that $50. Something tells me they are now cutting damage and cleaning fees after backlash from pax. Anyone seeing this trend?

TexasSteeler

I'll keep ya'll updated. No response yet. Below is pic of seat. Also on floor and floor mats.

Well hell it says pic too big to upload.

They just offered 60. Told them that was completely unreasonable for a large stubborn stain that caused me to shut down during busy night. I wasn't about to ask passengers to sit in a wet red wine stain.

Mikek999

I'll keep ya'll updated. No response yet. Below is pic of seat. Also on floor and floor mats.

Well hell it says pic too big to upload.

They just offered 60. Told them that was completely unreasonable for a large stubborn stain that caused me to shut down during busy night. I wasn't about to ask passengers to sit in a wet red wine stain.

I immediately requested to have it reviewed again by a supervisor. Again no adjustment. Tell them you got a quote from three cleaning services and they need to adjust by at least $150 because of the nature of the stain, and that seat my need to be replaced if stain can not be removed. Threaten to take this to arbitration. Threaten to contact PAX and take them to personal small claims court. Tell them you are not going to accept any more ride requests until they resolve this. PUSH AS AGRESSIVE AS YOU CAN. I’d be interested if or at what point they cave it. HECK CALL AND KEEP CALLING THAT DAMM HELP LINE THEY ARE NOW PUSHING!!!! Ask for a support tracking number for this incident - and reference it every time you talk/text with them. They will/should learn quickly that this isn’t going away. Ask for Lyft support location so that you can have local office review. And if you need to... post on twitter using thier twitter handle. Nobody likes bad press. If you do post, let us all know and we all will retweet and like. Tell them this is stealing from you and other drivers and that this IS NOT the way a ride sharing company should operate in MY city - and state that you my need to bring up this issue at the next city council hearing because this has been happening quite frequently with other drivers and unreasonable compensation from Lyft for damages and cleaning. That might get thier attention also...

Last edited:

HotRodriguez75

Tell them you are not going to accept any more ride requests until they resolve this.
Now this is a little extreme. You tell them that, they are going to say OK we don't want some demanding asshat driving for us anyways.

They just offered 60.
My question is how much did this cost you to clean and up and running again? This is exactly you need to go back with so they understand what it took to clean this mess. You cannot include lost wages. No need to go extreme and make threats. This is the nature of the beast. I would expect $80 for a wine spill and would be back online within an hour.

TIMB

Contact the lady on Channel 5 who handles stories like this. Samantha Chatman is her name. I am sure the news would love a new Uber story.

Last edited:

TexasSteeler

Now this is a little extreme. You tell them that, they are going to say OK we don't want some demanding asshat driving for us anyways.

My question is how much did this cost you to clean and up and running again? This is exactly you need to go back with so they understand what it took to clean this mess. You cannot include lost wages. No need to go extreme and make threats. This is the nature of the beast. I would expect $80 for a wine spill and would be back online within an hour.

Nah I didn't make threats. I'm a part timer

TexasSteeler

Not so far ...

Just love the boilerplate responses.
Cleaning fees are based on reasonable average estimates for cleaning and repair. We do our best to assess each claim with the details and photos provided.

While we cannot provide additional reimbursement, we’ll be happy to take into consideration any other factors you would like to share.

We appreciate your patience and professionalism throughout this process.

Side Hustle

Well it finally happened. Two drunk older ladies from a retirement party. One smuggled in red wine in a cup which I didn't see (I don't let passengers bring in alcohol). While stuck in traffic I hear one say " oh damn there goes the red wine"! Then starts yelling at me. "It's a cost of doing business @@@@@@@ you should know that's going to happen if you give people rides". Then tries to open door of moving car. Slightly more reasonable passenger calmed her down. Submitted pics and story to the stellar helpline. First response was " We're always here to help. Can you describe nature of the spillable liquid"? Good Lord.

This why I don't drive after 930 PM

Cary Grant

I've learned my lesson, the hard way. Take LOTS of pictures. Every angle, up close, wide angle, with and without flash, many, MANY more than you think you need. Take video, if you can. Narrate it with what you smell! This helps! Especially if you're gagging and can barely breath.

If you can't tell what a stain is, take a clean WHITE napkin or towel, and dab it so the fluid soaks up into the napkin, and then reverse the napkin so the color of the fluid is apparent in pictures AND video. Trust me on this. A dark urine or wine stain can be worth a much larger cleaning fee, but you need to be able to make your case. Video with narration, and color of stain revealed in the video can help greatly offset the cost of keeping your car clean.

I've made all sorts of mistakes, and got lucky a few times. Now I document the heck out of any nasty mess.