First Promotion Received - Question

thegamerdad

I received a 2x rate promotion last night while driving between 10pm - 1am. It was actually pretty busy and I drove the entire time, however nothing is showing that a promotion was applied to my drives. Is this something that happens automatically at the end of the week or do I need to do something to get the 2x applied? Screenshot attached.

Attachments

thegamerdad

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just another example of how Uber picks and chooses who to give incentives and promotions to. What a joke.
I'm thinking its because my first few week I did a large number of trips (relatively) and last week I did none because I had stuff to do. I'm assuming it was a way to entice me to drive again?

Skyhakw2472

I'm thinking its because my first few week I did a large number of trips (relatively) and last week I did none because I had stuff to do. I'm assuming it was a way to entice me to drive again?
That's the way they work. They send new drivers on long and profitable trips to entice drivers to continue on thinking they can make the money week in and week out. Then once the drivers are hooked then they start sending shorter less profitable drives. Then once the drivers stop driving for some time, or there is no pattern of driving, then they send these incentives or promotions. Of course the 25% commission drivers make Uber more money, so I don't have anything against the drivers, it's not their fault Uber is poorly run and very very selective on the information they send out. If it wasn't for this forum none of us would know that Uber is being disrespectful to their so called partners.

Kevin7889

Think of uber as a beautiful woman. After you're done with your fun you get chlamydia.

Also think of uber as internet dating. Most women online post beautiful pictures of themselves to get dates but when you meet face to face you won't see what you saw online. You'll see some girl missing teeth with poor hygiene. Uber= catfishing

thegamerdad

Think of uber as a beautiful woman. After you're done with your fun you get chlamydia.

Also think of uber as internet dating. Most women online post beautiful pictures of themselves to get dates but when you meet face to face you won't see what you saw online. You'll see some girl missing teeth with poor hygiene. Uber= catfishing
Maybe. I've noticed some areas are better than others in my limited experience. I don't get only long trips and the ones I do get, generally come when I'm very close to the rider. I don't think it is selected in a catfish manor. Maybe I'm wrong. So far I don't have *too* many complaints. I've done decently well per hour normally. The promotion last night was a nice little perk and definitely had me stay out later than I would have, but I think that is the point no?

njctuberx

Have you ever done a drop-off in or near Philadelphia? I did once. So now, every once in a while I get these promos that look amazing, yet are only for specific events, like post game at Citizens Bank Ballpark or a Philadelphia concert. Check to see if you got an email explaining the requirements clearly.

thegamerdad

Have you ever done a drop-off in or near Philadelphia? I did once. So now, every once in a while I get these promos that look amazing, yet are only for specific events, like post game at Citizens Bank Ballpark or a Philadelphia concert. Check to see if you got an email explaining the requirements clearly.
Nah. I've never been anywhere near Philly and the closest I've been to PA at all was Hacketstown area. I was more in Central NJ when I received the promotion (New Brunswick area).

chevelle454

Nah. I've never been anywhere near Philly and the closest I've been to PA at all was Hacketstown area. I was more in Central NJ when I received the promotion (New Brunswick area).
It's a algorithm some days are good but everyday is different you'll figure it out like most do Lots of conspiracy theorists on these boards. It is what is is Ubering definitely not for everyone

Kevin7889

Maybe. I've noticed some areas are better than others in my limited experience. I don't get only long trips and the ones I do get, generally come when I'm very close to the rider. I don't think it is selected in a catfish manor. Maybe I'm wrong. So far I don't have *too* many complaints. I've done decently well per hour normally. The promotion last night was a nice little perk and definitely had me stay out later than I would have, but I think that is the point no?
Uber has to be experienced before fully understood. You can get all the advice in the world on this forum but you'll have to go through the ubers crap in order to understand what we're telling u

thegamerdad

Uber has to be experienced before fully understood. You can get all the advice in the world on this forum but you'll have to go through the ubers crap in order to understand what we're telling u
I don't buy into the "Uber is crap" really. They take 25% for providing their technology and support (ins, lawyers, etc). They are racing to the bottom to get their foothold in a brand new market at the cost of hundreds of millions in advertising / marketing/ lobbying.

I don't know if it is even an algorithm when providing rides. It genuinely feels like if you are closest to the person, you will likely get the ride. Like I said for me it has been good. I enjoy doing it and especially enjoy the flexibility. I have a good 9-5, and a single parent 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time, when I'm not working, I like that I can pop the app on and go... or binge watch Netflix. However in the words of Idiocracy, "I like money."

Skyhakw2472

I don't buy into the "Uber is crap" really. They take 25% for providing their technology and support (ins, lawyers, etc). They are racing to the bottom to get their foothold in a brand new market at the cost of hundreds of millions in advertising / marketing/ lobbying.

I don't know if it is even an algorithm when providing rides. It genuinely feels like if you are closest to the person, you will likely get the ride. Like I said for me it has been good. I enjoy doing it and especially enjoy the flexibility. I have a good 9-5, and a single parent 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time, when I'm not working, I like that I can pop the app on and go... or binge watch Netflix. However in the words of Idiocracy, "I like money."
That's the perfect attitude that Uber wants us all to have. Unfortunately too many of us have been jilted in the past by Uber and their concept. It is a wonderful idea and many of us are pissed that we didn't come up with it. With that being said, 25% for them to do nothing but build the technology is a little much. Lyft offers to give back 10% or even 20% if you can meet their ride numbers, which is a heck of a lot more than Uber. Also, remember, you are the one with all the liability, not Uber. It is your car which you need to pay for. Wear and tear on your body, which you ultimately pay for. Many of us love the ride share idea, however as rates drop you will understand why so many of us have the same thought process. Uber doesn't need to advertise that much, and now there are billboards on some highways looking for drivers, just another reason that for every driver that stops driving there will be 25 more waiting, and they know this.

I got unlucky recently and had to drop 6k on a new transmission. Who pays for that? All me of course. Do you think Uber will step up and pay? Of course they won't. Just remember who has your back when it comes to this business. You are independent and on an island, we just want to make sure that you start putting funds aside for things as they break down and need fixing.

Kevin7889

Just wait until January. They'll cut rates again. I bet they'll go down to .75 cents a mile or maybe even .60 cents a mile