First Postmates Delievery and I might be hooked.

Beur

1:00 I saw blitz price of 1.5 and decided to hop on. Had a prearranged ride cancel so I turned on Postmates. Order was from Buffal Wild Wings, I was right in front so I grabbed it. The 30-45 wait time was a bit much, but it was bar run with no surge so I sat out the wait for the food. Probably could have squeezed an Uber or two it, but drunks. Hung out chatted with the bartender, grabbed my food and drove literally 2 tenths of a mile for a 1.5 blitz payout of $13.68.

Guess what those chicken wings were calling my name, but they didn't puke, ask me to speed, nor were they otherwise disrespectful. I think I might do more Postmates if the money is this good.

I just schedule myself for the rest of the week for the open schedule blitz pricing which means I get priority dispatch and the pricing pay.

Now I wait to see if these joker tip me.

Anyone have any exeperience good bad or indifferent with Postmates? Did I luck out getting a restaurant and house so close? Is $13.68 a normal price? It sure beats the $6 Uber fares I was getting tonight

Last edited:

Beur

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd try Postmates if it was available in the I.E. No way I'd do any delivery in Los Angeles because trying to find a parking space is too hard.
I surprised PostMates isn't in the IE, what about GrubHub? Spoke with another driver who made $600 last week on GrubHub, he's in the Temecula area.

Beur

grub hub is only in silicon valley and SF i think.
GrubHub is in more than those two locations. Check out their site, depending on market they're paying an $11 per hour guarantee.

JapanFour

interesting. I guess they are only hiring from those two locations then. When i try to apply those two options are the only ones I can select in terms of location.

Beur

interesting. I guess they are only hiring from those two locations then. When i try to apply those two options are the only ones I can select in terms of location.
Ask Fuba Duba for a referral, he just recently signed up in Temecula/Hemet maybe he can help get you an IE spot.

Louie Louie

I signed up for post mates a while back but have not actually done a delivery. Sounds promisin though. Keep us updated!