First fake surge now hidden surge

This is in Vaughan and there was no surge signs on the map and then I got this ping with x1.3 surge.

Attachments

• EB616950-C894-473B-A491-50D0523E2B1C.jpeg
    EB616950-C894-473B-A491-50D0523E2B1C.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 83

fiver360

The map doesn't update as fast as the ping requests do. It's been a thing, I don't think it's shadiness more so prioritising back end services to ensure surges are calculated properly first, before they're updated on the map.

Zokipoki

The map doesn't update as fast as the ping requests do. It's been a thing, I don't think it's shadiness more so prioritising back end services to ensure surges are calculated properly first, before they're updated on the map.

wrong!

the surge doesn't update immediately because the app is lagging on the individuals phone. what you need to do is go offline and right back online to see the surge.

what i do is i monitor my location with the rider app and keep putting an address in when i am in a predictable surge area. i know for a fact other drivers are using this strategy also because when there is a predictable surge, the second a surge comes in 3 or 4 cars pop up on the rider app when there were no cars available. depending on the time and location, what i do is let these drivers get the 1.3-1.5x surge rides and stay offline until it reaches 1.7-2.2x, then jump online and get myself a proper ride.

When driving UberX, you can't count on luck, but luck counts.

Uberactionmax

North York and Brampton was surging for an hour or so and it never updated. Surge price is real but supply is still much greater than demand.