1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

first day with lyft

Discussion in 'Lyft' started by crimson.snwbnny, Dec 9, 2016.

1. crimson.snwbnny

crimson.snwbnny Active Member

Been doing uber for 3 weeks now and yesterday was 1st day with lyft. had to riders. first thing i noticed is that lyft app seems to crowded and confusing. for something that is to be used while driving its too many prompts. swiping instead of a simple tap. swipe to arrive, swipe to pick up swipe to drop off and then prompts in between.

The initiations seems better then uber, as far as mentor, car inspections etc. But the uber app is much friendlier. The lyft directs you to the browser site if you want more details about each rider and for ratings.

maybe i'll get used to it over time. Uber app is still better implemented.

Danny3xd and JTR like this.
  2. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    It's the other way around tho

Lyft is click

Uber is swipe

Scratchington and Danny3xd like this.
  3. rleezx

rleezx Active Member

So go uber and leave lyft to the big boys

4. Manotas

Manotas Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Lyft you can leave feedback on a rider, I specially like it if I give a low rating to the Pax, you get to tell your side of the story... I don't see that w/ Eewber

crimson.snwbnny, Danny3xd and JTR like this.
  5. crimson.snwbnny

crimson.snwbnny Active Member

Yea they do. Ofcourse lyft has tip option. And i do like that you can state why giving a low rating which is awesome. Not to mention possibilities of not having to pick up a pax that you didn't like for whatever reason. Not bashing lyft. Was just comparing the apps ..

JTR and Danny3xd like this.

6. JTR

JTR Active Member

Delete uber app and keep lyft app:)

Andre Benjamin 6000 likes this.
  7. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Well-Known Member

Going from lyft to uber, I was really surprised at the differences in the apps. Aside from the comments, as mentiond as to why you rated a pax whatever. I definitely like the uber app far and away more than lyfts. I enjoy both companies but find uber's so much more. Of far more use and easier to get information from.

Congrats on your first day, Crimson. And I do agree with you.

crimson.snwbnny likes this.
  8. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL

Uber in-app map & nav is an UTTER STEAMING PILE OF GUANO compares to Lyft's tho....

9. Danny3xd

Never tried it, Adieu. Don't even see it as an option. Just Waze and Google. Have read, (think from you. An' others, here) that is was really bad but wanted to check it out.

10. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Lyft in-app is what I always use in grid cities...

11. Danny3xd

Just checked both apps, Adieu. Both only have the GM & Waze options?

12. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Uhm, seriously?

See that line? USE THE LINE, PADAWAN

13. Danny3xd

LoL, ummm, yeah. In the great words of Charlie Brown; "mines broken" Or "I got a rock"

Under settings only options are GM or Waze. In both apps.

Yes, I am wearing my helmet, on the short bus on the road less travelled to the school of hard knox.

(@ me) http://lmgtfy.com/?q=switch+to+uber+navigation

14. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    No.

You just do NOT use ANY app. At all.

15. Danny3xd

..and still nutton. Don't have the option to to not opt.

Doesn't matter I guess. am board 3am. Just annoying I can't get it to work so that I can continue to not use it.

But thanx for trying Mon Frere.

Sorry for the ramble, Crimson.

16. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Jeez man you trolling or what?

A) navi don't start unless I start it...that might be a setting, somewhere, but it does exist

B) Androids have switching between apps... apple? No clue. But apple DOES have some kinda uber navigation that isn't just basic in app map, so....you seem to be android?

17. Danny3xd

edit

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  18. Danny3xd

https://uberpeople.net/threads/avoiding-toll-roads.132404/#post-1955867

Similar discussion, Adieu.

Had to look up trolling to try and understand how "trolling" related to my question But I see your point and question.

"The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either a) truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous, or b) give your victim malicious instructions, under the guise of help.
    Trolling requires decieving; any trolling that doesn't involve deceiving someone isn't trolling at all; it's just stupid. As such, your victim must not know that you are trolling; if he does, you are an unsuccessful troll."

Side note. I use android as well.

19. Trump Economics

Trump Economics Well-Known Member

Let-Down-Lyft is a great pile of dog poop. Deactivate your account and get out while you can. You've been warned.

20. Danny3xd

Went to a 101 Uber class last Thursday and instructor could't load uber nav, Adieu. Thinking they may have dumped it. Was really bad according to a lot of folks here. And I annoyed you and I both for an hr, lol. Sorry, Adieu.