First day back driving since 6/30.

louvit

Came back? Ran out of other ways to run your car into the ground and get paid less than a Subway employee? Welcome back.

Na just found a way to fill some of my retired day's again.....lol 4 short trips and 32.00 in 2 hours, Just the way I like it

SSFLNE

But at 40 miles, with an EXTREMELY conservative cost of .28/mile (just avg gas, repairs, and depreciation) 40*.28=$11.20

For two hours and nine minutes you’re at $9.72/hr in your pocket. If you hadn’t gotten tipped, the Subway employee really could’ve had that laugh.

I understand what you’re saying though. With the exception of some riders, I really enjoy it, it fills time, and I like meeting people. Just wish I could push that hourly wage a little higher to make it feel like not such a losing proposition.

MoreTips

Come back after another week of driving. I wish you the best of luck but unless we get lucky with the right trips or pax that tip this can really be a losing proposition.

louvit

I love everyone complaining yet they still drive.....lol. Take it for what it's worth. To me it's just something to do a few hours a day

SSFLNE

I love everyone complaining yet they still drive.....lol. Take it for what it's worth. To me it's just something to do a few hours a day
I realize the irony that bestows me, but I begrudgingly resort to Uber than loans to be able to go to trade school. I prefer to not accure interest, but make no mistake about it, I’m essentially kicking the can down the road because this kind of financing arrangement allows me to exchange cash now for the rapid depreciation of my vehicle. We’re kidding ourselves if we think we are doing *too* much more than that, at least at today’s prevailing rates.

Last edited:

louvit

I realize the irony that bestows me, but I begrudgingly resort to Uber than loans to be able to go to trade school. I prefer to not accuse interest, but make no mistake about it, I’m essentially kicking the can down the road because this kind of financing arrangement allows me to exchange cash now for the rapid depreciation of my vehicle. We’re kidding ourselves if we think we are doing *too* much more than that, at least at today’s prevailing rates.

That was not meant for you personally. It seems to be in every thread....lol you are going to school, that is great, especially a trade school. My son went to NAA to be a jet mech, he is not an inspector after just 7 years. Screw that business stuff. I worked on Wall St. for 30 years. No not a big shot just back office stuff and the stress almost killed me....Yet it was a while ago I left as a VP with no college at all....lol

good luck,,what trade you learning?

SSFLNE

That was not meant for you personally. It seems to be in every thread....lol you are going to school, that is great, especially a trade school. My son went to NAA to be a jet mech, he is not an inspector after just 7 years. Screw that business stuff. I worked on Wall St. for 30 years. No not a big shot just back office stuff and the stress almost killed me....Yet it was a while ago I left as a VP with no college at all....lol

good luck,,what trade you learning?
Getting ready to go to line school. Once completing that I’ll apply for an apprenticeship with the Union, and go through their 4 year program to become a Journeyman Lineman (electrical lines)

It’s a bit of a reninvention for myself. I kind of piddled around in college, didn’t quite finish a four year, have done various white collar work for sometime. But now I have three kids, and a wife, and I need more long term stability and earning pontential than I can secure with a white collar job, so in a way I am starting all over. It’s kind of tough in one sense because there are certainly these stigmas that come as part of the baggage with blue collar work.

louvit

Getting ready to go to line school. Once completing that I’ll apply for an apprenticeship with the Union, and go through their 4 year program to become a Journeyman Lineman (electrical lines)

It’s a bit of a reninvention for myself. I kind of piddled around in college, didn’t quite finish a four year, have done various white collar work for sometime. But now I have three kids, and a wife, and I need more long term stability and earning pontential than I can secure with a white collar job, so in a way I am starting all over. It’s kind of tough in one sense because there are certainly these stigmas that come as part of the baggage with blue collar work.

Wow, that is an undertaking with a family, My son went to aviation school for 18 months while he was still living at home, much easier.... I give you credit. He started in a Pvt company as a contractor, which sucks no health or anything. Then they hired him just so they could promote him to supervisor...lol.. Then he found the inspector job in which he works 2 weeks a month out of town but still in Florida like 4 hours away all expenses paid and is off for 2 weeks a month.

good luck to you

louvit

Welcome back.
75 cents a mile before expenses welcomes you also !

Ok this is harder than I thought, 20.00 something the first day. I went out 2 times after that for like an hour and made 10 bucks. I can't get back in the swing of working....lol I at least have to make enough to pay for my commercial ins. policy....hahahaha I need to stop being lazy...

louvit

getting back into the groove.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-23-15-36-19.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-23-15-36-19.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_2017-10-23-15-36-33.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-23-15-36-33.png
    23 KB · Views: 49

DAG

unreal trips...I looked at destinations and said hell yea....
Hmmm, how did you see destination before accepting ping? OR, if see destination after rider gets into car and you don't like it, do you ask rider to get out of car?

louvit

unreal trips...I looked at destinations and said hell yea.....lol
Hmmm, how did you see destination before accepting ping? OR, if see destination after rider gets into car and you don't like it, do you ask rider to get out of car?

oh no...I didn't see destination until I picked up, but they were still a surprise, I've never asked anyone to get out but after a bunch of 3.00 trips the last few surprised me....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-23-19-51-43.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-23-19-51-43.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 39