First cancelation upon arrival

Benjamin M

First, my GPS decided to try and kill me, illegal left turn and then wrong way on a one way. I think my car has had enough of this Uber crap ?

I was about to give up getting to the pax when they called me. I'd actually passed them twice, address was half a block away.

Bunch of guys on the corner, one walked up to my window and said "so, I booked this for my friend.. He's had a bit too much to drink.. But he has a bag.."

I look past him, dude actively vomiting into a trash can. "Nope, sorry!"

He was thankfully understanding, walked back to the rest of the guys and said "yeah, he isn't feeling that."

Canceled, collected $3.75, went on to a long distance trip (30 miles) with a $5 tip - happened to be an EATS driver. He and his wife laughed their asses off.

See, I'm learning. :wink:

RideshareUSA

First, my GPS decided to try and kill me, illegal left turn and then wrong way on a one way. I think my car has had enough of this Uber crap ?

I was about to give up getting to the pax when they called me. I'd actually passed them twice, address was half a block away.

Bunch of guys on the corner, one walked up to my window and said "so, I booked this for my friend.. He's had a bit too much to drink.. But he has a bag.."

He was thankfully understanding, walked back to the rest of the guys and said "yeah, he isn't feeling that."

Canceled, collected $3.75, went on to a long distance trip (30 miles) with a $5 tip - happened to be an EATS driver. He and his wife laughed their asses off.

Shame on you, Benjamin!
You deliberately stranded one of Ubers highly valued riders just when they needed you most. This kind of behavior is unbecoming of an Uber partner. For shame, Benjamin, for shame.?

Benjamin M

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man you are taking shuffling to a whole new level, making illegal left hand turns and driving the wrong way on a one way street. Setting new standards for future shuffles. :roflmao:
Yeah, fortunately I didn't actually make those turns. The built in Google Maps in my car frequently gives bogus turns, almost always telling me to turn left in parts of the city where it's impossible. Then it eventually gets stuck in a "recalculating" loop - "you're on your own, pal!" ?
Post automatically merged:

Shame on you, Benjamin!
You deliberately stranded one of Ubers highly valued riders just when they needed you most. This kind of behavior is unbecoming of an Uber partner. For shame, Benjamin, for shame.?
In all seriousness, I'm all about helping drunks but absolutely will not give a ride to someone who should probably be going to the ER. Way too much of a liability, plus worrying about puke everywhere (couldn't care less about the cleaning fee as it happens to be exactly the cost of having it cleaned around here).

Wonder if some some schmuck eventually gave him a ride. I couldn't tell if his friends just left him there or if one of them decided to try driving. At least most of them started walking away.

DriverMark

Someone eventually gave him a ride........

Having had a recent puker in my car, you made the right choice. I should have cancelled when I saw the state she was in, but I knew:

1) It was only a 5 minute drive, I can make it! (or she can)
2) The bag of puke had so much in it, there was no way she would still have more to puke out
3) They have a bag, I have a bag in my door also if needed, it will be fine

I was wrong on all the above. Did get the $150 cleaning. Had to fight with Uber after PAX complained I picked up the wrong PAX, Uber re-instated my fare for a bit more than originally for some reason. And the PAX 1* me the next day. Was 30 minutes prior to bar closing, St Patricks weekend, potentially lost more than made with the $150. After cleaning, I was able to take 1 more ride with destination back towards home and they tipped $10 on top. I told them: "Hey, my last PAX spilled water all over my backseat, do you mind sitting up front?", as the seat was still wet from me cleaning it.

crowuber

If uber was an RPG, you just gained massive experience points. Hell, you probably would have leveled up 2 or 3 times. Congrats

Benjamin M

Someone eventually gave him a ride........

Having had a recent puker in my car, you made the right choice. I should have cancelled when I saw the state she was in, but I knew:

1) It was only a 5 minute drive, I can make it! (or she can)
2) The bag of puke had so much in it, there was no way she would still have more to puke out
3) They have a bag, I have a bag in my door also if needed, it will be fine

I was wrong on all the above. Did get the $150 cleaning. Had to fight with Uber after PAX complained I picked up the wrong PAX, Uber re-instated my fare for a bit more than originally for some reason. And the PAX 1* me the next day. Was 30 minutes prior to bar closing, St Patricks weekend, potentially lost more than made with the $150. After cleaning, I was able to take 1 more ride with destination back towards home and they tipped $10 on top. I told them: "Hey, my last PAX spilled water all over my backseat, do you mind sitting up front?", as the seat was still wet from me cleaning it.
Holy crap. Yeah, it's just not worth it. Uber or not, people need to simply drink responsibly. And what happened to being cut off?! Seeing so much over serving these days, maybe because the bar staff figures that we don't care?

I had one pax that the bartender put in my back seat. He was way more intoxicated than I initially thought. Made think about the accountability issues a situation like that raises. What if they stop breathing and we don't know? What if they are so wasted that they think they're being abducted during the trip and freak out? What if they just decide become combative?

Ain't worth it, no sir! New policy of mine, no unaccompanied drunks.

crowuber

Holy crap. Yeah, it's just not worth it. Uber or not, people need to simply drink responsibly. And what happened to being cut off?! Seeing so much over serving these days, maybe because the bar staff figures that we don't care?

I had one pax that the bartender put in my back seat. He was way more intoxicated than I initially thought. Made think about the accountability issues a situation like that raises. What if they stop breathing and we don't know? What if they are so wasted that they think they're being abducted during the trip and freak out? What if they just decide become combative?

Ain't worth it, no sir! New policy of mine, no unaccompanied drunks.
Like Mac, from Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia, I give drunks an ocular patdown for 5 seconds. In that amount of time I can decide if the pax is going to be trouble and then I roll the window up and shuffle their ass if they fail my test.

DriverMark

What if they are so wasted that they think they're being abducted during the trip and freak out? What if they just decide become combative?
I had a male and female PAX once. She was to intoxicated to walk or communicate. It did "seem" like they were a married couple. I told my wife about it the next day. She stated: What if he drugged her and was taking her home to rape her?

Ummm.... yea, that didn't even cross my mind. Just another stupid thing I need to think about now in those situations.

Benjamin M

I had a male and female PAX once. She was to intoxicated to walk or communicate. It did "seem" like they were a married couple. I told my wife about it the next day. She stated: What if he drugged her and was taking her home to rape her?

Ummm.... yea, that didn't even cross my mind. Just another stupid thing I need to think about now in those situations.
Yeah that's sketchy.

I actually picked up an intoxicated woman last night (not hammered, just tipsy). A guy walked her to the car, I greeted her by name, and he held her back until I said my name. Let's see - car matches, tags match, my face matches, and I knew her name. But he was still paranoid. So we deal with that too.

Dropking

Alright, but sounds like you are using ubers own gps. If so get off it quick.

Benjamin M

Alright, but sounds like you are using ubers own gps. If so get off it quick.
Hell no. Google Maps, routed through to my car's system using Android Auto.

Fortunately it looks like the latest update may have improved things a bit. Richmond VA is tricky in general.