First accident with pax in car

Dennyjo2016

Picked up a rider at 6th & Lenora for what he entered as destination 1st & Marion. Along the way he said he was gonna have to run for the ferry. I offered to go ahead and go right on Madison and drop him at the terminal. Im on Madison waiting for the red light to change at Alaska Way. Im in the middle lane so turning left into the far right lane on Alaska. My light turned green so as i waited just a coupke seconds i go. As soon as i started turning left BANG....got struck by a 1950 Plymouth right in front passenger door. My pax was like...he totally ran that red light. Heres my name and phone if you need help ive got your back. And ran for his ferry. The man was very nice and admitted fault to his ins. So as soon as my shop can get in will be a week. Im pretty sore and happuly relaxed with muscle relaxers tonight. Any chance the rental car will let me uber?

Dennyjo2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Does anyone remember how to find that phone # for uber? Dealing with the CSRs over email is absolutely ridiculous.

berserk42

Yikes! Glad you're doing okay. As far as phone numbers, I'm pretty sure to get those you need to stage a daring commando raid, at night, on their downtown Seattle office. Hopefully they have paper contact lists sitting around. That's your best bet

Fuzzyelvis

Picked up a rider at 6th & Lenora for what he entered as destination 1st & Marion. Along the way he said he was gonna have to run for the ferry. I offered to go ahead and go right on Madison and drop him at the terminal. Im on Madison waiting for the red light to change at Alaska Way. Im in the middle lane so turning left into the far right lane on Alaska. My light turned green so as i waited just a coupke seconds i go. As soon as i started turning left BANG....got struck by a 1950 Plymouth right in front passenger door. My pax was like...he totally ran that red light. Heres my name and phone if you need help ive got your back. And ran for his ferry. The man was very nice and admitted fault to his ins. So as soon as my shop can get in will be a week. Im pretty sore and happuly relaxed with muscle relaxers tonight. Any chance the rental car will let me uber?
No.

Fuzzyelvis

Does anyone remember how to find that phone # for uber? Dealing with the CSRs over email is absolutely ridiculous.
No longer useful. It just has a message telling you to email.

Best bet is to deal with the other guys insurance. You should tell uber in case the pax does, but you'll be deactivated until the car is fixed. No reason to deal with their insurance though. Did you give the other guy Uber's insurance and not yours? You should have.

Dennyjo2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No longer useful. It just has a message telling you to email.

Best bet is to deal with the other guys insurance. You should tell uber in case the pax does, but you'll be deactivated until the car is fixed. No reason to deal with their insurance though. Did you give the other guy Uber's insurance and not yours? You should have.
Yes, i gave the James River in exchange. But the guy fessed up to his ins and they have already accepted liability.

I did tell Uber and the did indeed deactivate me. Im waiting on an email response telling me how to use my rental car to work while mine gets repaired.

Surgeless in Seattle

Denny - you have a PM.

So scary, as a ferry traveler, I've made that turn many times. Surprised the guy missed the red there - the lights are in the middle, not off to the side :-/ See if they can rx some deep tissue massage. Hope you're adding anti inflammatories to the mix, staying ahead of inflammation is huge. Feel well!