First 1* in the Morning

I gave my second 1 star ever this morning.

I typically don't pay attention to ratings when I'm driving morning rush hour. I find that Lyft rider's ratings are less telling than Uber riders, especially in the morning. Desperately attempting to get out of West Seattle, I picked up Katrina (mid-twenties) with 4.1 lyft rating at Alki Beach with her boyfriend and a male friend. Someone in the car smelled liked they rolled in a moldy, armpit/ashtray combination. Stunk up my car. Katrina begins to pick on her boyfriend and they start to argue. She is complaining that she may be late to her counseling appointment and her visitation with her kid. The boyfriend requests that I stop at 7eleven. I reminded boyfriend that his girlfriend seems to be in a hurry. But Katrina approves of the stop. I was trying to get out of West Seattle so I decided to go for it against my better judgement. Then the girlfriend starting @@@@@ing on how she will be arrested at Department of Corrections if she is late to her counseling appointment.

I would have asked her to stop but then I notice a bigger problem. The male friend next to me appeared to be on some kind of opiate. I asked Katrina if her friend is alright as he appears to be "on the nod". His head kept on hitting his chest while he was attempting to play candy crush, but was also attempting a conversation at the same time. "I'm not noo.... pause while his chin hits his chest. . . ding out". Boyfriend pips in and starts threatening friend that he better wake up to work. Heroin intoxication looks like their sleeping, however sleeping people aren't following the conversation, or have pinpoint pupils.

Katrina starts @@@@@ing to me about West Seattle bridge traffic, asking if there was some other way out of West Seattle. At that point I had enough. What if homeboy starts to overdose in the traffic? I wanted to kick them out, but alas, we were stuck in West Seattle bridge during morning rush hour.

Drop Katrina off at the methadone clinic which was the first stop. Automatically the ride improved, at least the boyfriend and friend weren't @@@@@ing. Boyfriend apologized for girlfriend's behavior.

We really should be allowed to carry narcan with us. I gave her a 1 so other drivers could be aware of her.

heynow321

We really should be allowed to carry narcan with us. I gave her a 1 so other drivers could be aware of her.

@@@@ that. they chose to inject themselves with an incredibly dangerous substance and they know what the consequences might be. let them kill themselves. dump their corpse at an ER and move on with your life.

but yeah...4.1. big red flag. alki is so hit or miss. it's basically our own little jersey shore now. I had a nice young woman from there this early afternoon going to the airport. couldn't have been more pleasant.

Agent99

Anybody with a 4.0 rating has that rating for a reason. But, you knew that already.

Last edited:

mark_mark

just_say_no we been there and done that, it's scary as hell.. but be stong, don't panic, finish the ride or find a way out. Do a quick .5 second scan before stoping, if your instincts say roll! then go!

I know lots of drivers who carry conceal, you might want to if your comfortable with handling a pocket pistol

our job is to make a living and get home

Agent99

I had a 4.0 rider once. Traffic was held up by construction and was very slow. She kept threatening to urinate in the car.

I'm back on my 4.5
&%[email protected]!* that. they chose to inject themselves with an incredibly dangerous substance and they know what the consequences might be. let them kill themselves. dump their corpse at an ER and move on with your life.

but yeah...4.1. big red flag. alki is so hit or miss. it's basically our own little jersey shore now. I had a nice young woman from there this early afternoon going to the airport. couldn't have been more pleasant.

I never had any issues with Alki or West Seattle. I've learned my lesson about taking people with less than 4.5.

I had a 4.0 rider once. Traffic was held up by construction and was very slow. She kept threatening to urinate in the car.

How did you handle it?

I will never again pick-up anyone with less than 4.5. A lot of time I notice that people of color, poor english speakers and short trips takers are often rated poorly. Short trip takers doesn't bother me as it helps me make my weekly bonus. So I often ignore the ranting with Lyft. I'm back to my 4.5 or above rule.

Agent99

I just grit my teeth, hoping I could get the young woman to her sports bar destination before she urinated in my car. Fortunately, I was able to get her to her destination on time. Her friends were apologetic, but what could they really do? I got paid, but you never really get paid sufficiently for these kinds of situations.

DexNex

The whole trick is that when you see a whole number (i.e. 4.0) that person is probably new and didn’t tip or made the driver wait a moment. When you see a 3-digit number (i.e. 4.17 or 4.32) then many drivers have rated that pax low.

I will pick up a 4.0 Lux Pax. I will not pick up a 4.17 Lux Pax.

Travis Bickle Uber

The whole trick is that when you see a whole number (i.e. 4.0) that person is probably new and didn’t tip or made the driver wait a moment. When you see a 3-digit number (i.e. 4.17 or 4.32) then many drivers have rated that pax low.

I've also often found anyone under 4.3 is great odds to no show. So if its close to me and no surge I actually enjoy them. Easy $3.75 while I catch up on my phone.

I've also often found anyone under 4.3 is great odds to no show. So if its close to me and no surge I actually enjoy them. Easy $3.75 while I catch up on my phone.

awtprod

I accidentally accepted a 2.* after the husky game this past Saturday. No complaints but won't make that mistake again. One of the passengers ended up giving me $20 cash. Not sure if they thought they were paying for the ride or tipping me. Either way, I graciously accepted it.

Peter Vann

I have no idea the rating of my pax. I accept the ride then look at the rating most of the time. It's seems to be always 4.5+ so I don't have any problems. I know not paying attention to this will come back to bite me someday

heynow321

I have no idea the rating of my pax. I accept the ride then look at the rating most of the time. It's seems to be always 4.5+ so I don't have any problems. I know not paying attention to this will come back to bite me someday
careful with that...i had a 4.01 come through the other day. it was a stacked ping. my passenger laughed when i said "4.01? you get to walk".

K-pax

I had a woman go 4 blocks during afternoon rush hour in Renton (literally took me longer to go around the block to get back on the road going the other way than the trip itself). She kept mumbling about immigrants and drivers who don't speak english and laughing randomly bobbling her head around. After the ride, she left a (well used) meth pipe and (sealed) syringe in the back seat. Throwing those away at the nearest gas station was.... akward.