Firehouse Subs just made the do not pickup from ever again list.

ThanksUber

Well the customer ordered 2 meals. The meals are a sub chips and a drink. They put the 2 subs 2 bags of chips and 2 empty cups inside the delivery bag. Then they sealed the bag with 4 or 5 stickers. Then they handed me the bag. I asked them where are the drinks. They said the cups were inside the bag and pointed to the drink machine. I walked over to the drink machine with the bag then tossed everything into the trash can next to the drink machine cancelled the order and walked out.

Maybe next time they will do the order the correct way and not waste my time.

WindyCityAnt

I have only time that was pulled on me. It was Potbelly. But it was jamb packed inside and i wanted out of there.

The sweet older lady seemed a little overloaded and frazzled, pleasantly asked me for the favor of filling them, so i did.

I deliver for them a lot. They always have the drinks ready. They don't expect the drivers to do it. Thats why i did it for her.

Thats the difference, a favor is one thing, but trying to have expectations of it is a no no for me.

Doowop

Well the customer ordered 2 meals. The meals are a sub chips and a drink. They put the 2 subs 2 bags of chips and 2 empty cups inside the delivery bag. Then they sealed the bag with 4 or 5 stickers. Then they handed me the bag. I asked them where are the drinks. They said the cups were inside the bag and pointed to the drink machine. I walked over to the drink machine with the bag then tossed everything into the trash can next to the drink machine cancelled the order and walked out.

Great move

Helpmehome

I got handed a cup at KFC today. I filled it up and delivered it to the customer. I made $314 today (more if you count the Lyft bonus I'll hit tomorrow). I had zero emotional reaction to being asked to complete a task that isn't technically in my job description. I figured it was easier to just fill it up myself as they were busy. Nobody thanked me.

To the OP. You were proud enough of wasting food because someone asked you to fill 2 cups that you came here to post about it? Your parents failed miserably. Enjoy your life of mediocrity.

I don't know if you were trying to be dramatic by tossing it in the trash, but the food could have at least gone to a homeless person instead of in the trash.

Monkeyman4394

That sounds like a lot of wasteful melodrama. They’ve never refused to do their damn jobs when I’ve pressed them on it and/or gotten support on the line.

Jctbay

I got handed a cup at KFC today. I filled it up and delivered it to the customer. I made $314 today (more if you count the Lyft bonus I'll hit tomorrow). I had zero emotional reaction to being asked to complete a task that isn't technically in my job description. I figured it was easier to just fill it up myself as they were busy. Nobody thanked me.

To the OP. You were proud enough of wasting food because someone asked you to fill 2 cups that you came here to post about it? Your parents failed miserably. Enjoy your life of mediocrity.
maybe something to with the cups being located inside a sticker sealed bag. how is that bag going to look after getting those cups out? customer would think he tampered with it and would lead to a bad rating or a report to Uber.

I would have just kept the food and given it to a homeless person

Sure what the restaurant worker did was moronic and crazy, but what you did was crazier lol

Helpmehome

maybe something to with the cups being located inside a sticker sealed bag. how is that bag going to look after getting those cups out? customer would think he tampered with it and would lead to a bad rating or a report to Uber.

I would have just kept the food and given it to a homeless person
It doesn't make sense to seal the cups in a bag. It would have taken what, 10 seconds to open the bag?

The Jax

Well the customer ordered 2 meals. The meals are a sub chips and a drink. They put the 2 subs 2 bags of chips and 2 empty cups inside the delivery bag. Then they sealed the bag with 4 or 5 stickers. Then they handed me the bag. I asked them where are the drinks. They said the cups were inside the bag and pointed to the drink machine.
The order had two drinks and they put the empty cups INSIDE the bag and sealed it? Get the hell out of here? 😅 Who is that ignorant to do that? Can you imagine how many delivery drivers that don't care to double check the order for accuracy and the look on the customer's face when they open the bag and see the empty cups?

This ironically happened to me once on a DoorDash or for Chipotle. For those of you not familiar, Chipotle receives orders either though the app or on their own website. Either way they dispatch DoorDash. If the customer places the order through the DD app, the delivery driver can see the order and can double check. If its place through the Chipotle website, the driver's app just says how many ite,s but does not list the contents. So I go to pick up this order. I always double check. I look at my phone after I find the bag and can't see the order because it was ordered through their site. I look in the bag and there is an empty fountain cup. I turned around and asked them what the heck was this? The manager comes over and tells me I need to fill the drink myself. I became very irate and schooled the manager that myself and other drivers are happy to fill the drinks but you can't just put an empty cup in there because we can't always confirm the drink and that theu need to write it on the bag receipt. He was pretty embarrassed and apologized. I tried to explain to him that not all drivers are equal and some will just pick up the bag and leave and him as a manager should expect that scenario and plan accordingly. Next time I go in, its written on the bag. So, sometimes, we need to let management know whats going on so they can see the bigger picture.

luckytown

I agree totally that wasting food is a sin....that was horrible.....but alot people are ordering food because of covid and I am delivering for the same reason......I dont think that I should be filling drinks....it is part of the resturants job and I dont want contact with a machine thats is constantly used and not sanitized accordingly......just my view....i would have given the sandwiches back and made my point.....dont ever...ever throw food away.....that will come back to you one day....God Bless

Monkeyman4394

I agree totally that wasting food is a sin....that was horrible.....but alot people are ordering food because of covid and I am delivering for the same reason......I dont think that I should be filling drinks....it is part of the resturants job and I dont want contact with a machine thats is constantly used and not sanitized accordingly......just my view....i would have given the sandwiches back and made my point.....dont ever...ever throw food away.....that will come back to you one day....God Bless
Just call support and they’ll take care of it. It’s kind of fun to stand at the counter and tell support that the site employees are being dickholes right in front of them. More often than not, they’ll fill up drinks, grab chips, etc.

The Gift of Fish

Sure what the restaurant worker did was moronic and crazy, but what you did was crazier lol
My wife and I were in her car one afternoon and she kept turning up the volume on her Cure CD on the car stereo. I dislike few things in life, but The Cure is one of them. I kept turning the volume knob down, and she kept turning the volume up. So I turned the volume down one last time. Then I pulled the volume knob off the stereo and threw it out the window. Problem solved.

Sometimes moronic and crazy solves the issue. 🤷‍♂️

Monkeyman4394

My wife and I were in her car one afternoon and she kept turning up the volume on her Cure CD on the car stereo. I dislike few things in life, but The Cure is one of them. I kept turning the volume knob down, and she kept turning the volume up. So I turned the volume down one last time. Then I pulled the volume knob off the stereo and threw it out the window. Problem solved.

Even Burn from The Crow Soundtrack? Friday I’m In Love? Kidding about the second one.

Pro tip:
Buy a comfortable couch.

Seamus

Sounds like sweetie OP was having a hissy fit! Prima Donna got triggered and caused some drama. Whilst prancing about being a diva did you think you were teaching that low wage pimple faced kid who hates his job a lesson?

Next time just pop a Xanax and go find a safe space! Then get back out there for another $3 offer princess!

Helpmehome

they seal the bags for a reason..Firehouse should have filled them prior and placed in the bag like McDonald's or left the cups out if the bag
I agree. What they did didn't make much sense. But it would have taken VERY little effort to open a bag and poor the sodas. Yeah I know that's not our job but jobs are like that sometimes. OP would have made more money if he had done that than waste food, upset a customer and make everyone in that building hate UE drivers. But here we are.