Fired!

Sekogas

Picked up an EX Uber driver last night, said his 5th trip on Uber he pulled up and his PAX had two very large "Service Dogs" He told the PAX sorry can't take those two big dogs especially on my leather seats. PAX said you have to I'm legally bling and they are my "Service Dogs". Guy says sorry and drove off.

Took all of 10 minutes for his app to shut down. Fired on the spot. Said Uber sent a message about service animals and refused to contact him regarding the situation. Said he went to a Uber hub and after waiting nearly 2 hours he was told to leave and not come back. No discussion about the events at all.

He said he knows he was wrong but he also said he was pretty sure they were not service dogs and the guy was not blind as the guy ran across a 4 lane street at an angle to get to his car and the dogs trailed behind the guy and did not lead the guy at all. He said the claws on those dogs were huge and he was afraid they would ruin his seats.

No tip.
Next time cancel the pickup, you have allergies to dog dander. Bammmmm fight an ADA with an ADA.
Post automatically merged:

Remember, any animal to which you object automatically becomes a "service" animal. The ADA does recognise only two types of fake service animal: dogs and one particular breed of small pony. Thus, you need not haul a "service owl" or "service copperhead".

That section of the ADA is written to encourage fraud. It has all of the thunder and lightning sound effects about fraud, but, they are just that: sound effects.

That guy could try Lyft, I suppose, but, he will do well to keep in mind that according to Lyft, your mere compliance is not satisfactory. It wants your willing obedience. You are required to like it when they have a fake service animal. Further, when the fake service animal pees and craps in your car, scratches the dickens out of it, you are required to like that. You are required to like spending the time and money to clean up after fake service dogs.

REMEMBER: Always say "YES!" to fake service dogs! .......and LIKE it, too!

This will not matter. If the customer says that you declined the transport due to a fake service animal, it is De-Activation Station, no questions asked.
Not if your “allergic” to dog dander. Fight one ADA with another, Uber reactivated me within minutes after I refused a “service animal” that I knew wasn’t legit.

Last edited:

Another Uber Driver

Not if your “allergic” to dog dander.

From the website:

• Allergies and fear of animals are generally not valid reasons for denying access or refusing service to people with service animals.

Uberamstel

Picked up an EX Uber driver last night, said his 5th trip on Uber he pulled up and his PAX had two very large "Service Dogs" He told the PAX sorry can't take those two big dogs especially on my leather seats. PAX said you have to I'm legally bling and they are my "Service Dogs". Guy says sorry and drove off.

Took all of 10 minutes for his app to shut down. Fired on the spot. Said Uber sent a message about service animals and refused to contact him regarding the situation. Said he went to a Uber hub and after waiting nearly 2 hours he was told to leave and not come back. No discussion about the events at all.

He said he knows he was wrong but he also said he was pretty sure they were not service dogs and the guy was not blind as the guy ran across a 4 lane street at an angle to get to his car and the dogs trailed behind the guy and did not lead the guy at all. He said the claws on those dogs were huge and he was afraid they would ruin his seats.

No tip.
Legally Bling 😂😂😂

Coachman

I have a big towel that I put down for the dog to sit on. So I'm not really worried about claws, shedding, or poop. I like dogs anyway. I drove a lovely poodle named Emmy the other day. Sweet dog.

FLKeys

Since when?

Nobody's allowed in our house without our permission or a court order.

I agree, and about 3 months after Hurricane Irma I had this same argument with a person from FEMA and a deputy sheriff. FEMA rep insisted on entering my house for a FEMA inspection and I refused to let him in. He had no reason to come in and do an inspection as I was not requesting any assistance from FEMA. After turning him down multiple time, and the last time telling him to never step foot on my property again he showed up with a Deputy Sheriff. When I opened the door the FEMA gut shoved his leg into my door to keep me from closing it, I told the officer if he does not remove his leg I am going to shoot him for trying to break into my house and I already told him not to step foot on my property again.

In the end nobody got shot, the FEMA rep was issued a no trespass notice for my property, and no one including the multiple police that showed up ever came into my house.

I have nothing to hide, however it is the point, if you are not invited into my house you are not coming in unless you can produce a court order.

McFlyHigh

You can not refuse a service dog. No matter what . Ever if its barking throwing up shitting pissing clawing scratching your paint . There claws can really damage paint !
Ok now If you show up and say ow i am very tired i thought i could take this trip i am very sorry.
Call support tell them i am sorry i thought i could do one more trip i really need to rest.
Do not mention service animals . Just say your so tired. Make uber cancel this ride for you instead of doing it yourself.
This will not affect your accep rating its not a cancel for the animals .
Tired is a safety concern you can refuse any trip for being to tired .
Service dogs don’t act like that. I’ve given 3000 rides and have only had perhaps a dozen trips with animals. You just have to treat pickups with animals as part of the job. They are far and few in between.

Every rider I’ve had whether service or just a pet have been very nice.

Most riders either had their animal in a carrier or if it was a small dog they held them in their lap.

Most passengers who had a larger dog also brought with them a blanket or towel. Although the towel typically had hair on it and I had to lint roller the back seats regardless.

I now carry a black flat bed sheet in my trunk. I can use it to cover nearly the entire back seat and floor.

You can get a cheap flat bed sheet for $20 and just keep it in your car if needed.

In 3000 rides I’ve never had an animal with bad behavior. Service animals especially are highly trained to behave.

Considering the minuscule fraction of rides that come up with animals you just take the ride and deal with the cleaning of hair with a lint roller. Not worth being deactivated over something that happens maybe 1 in 50 or more rides. If that.

I have a WAY bigger issue with parents not having a car seat for their small child. I won’t take a child that doesn’t meet the state laws for height or age under any situation unless the parent has a car seat or booster.

So many passengers with little kids will claim “but other drivers always let me”. I politely explain I can’t do it. It’s against the law, it’s against Uber’s policy. I have to as an Uber driver abide by the laws where I drive. My insurance requires it as well. I apologize and let them know they can book either a Uber with Car Seat option or if there aren’t any available a taxi. Taxis are allowed in my area to bypass those laws.

Only thing that sucks is Uber does not pay a cancel fee.

kingcorey321

Did you say no cancel fee for zero car seat ? Yes you will get paid this fee.
Its been a few from the last time i done a uber . I used wait 5 after i drove off click whatever and note no car seat collect the whopping 3.75

Only thing that sucks is Uber does not pay a cancel fee.
[/QUOTE]

DudeUbering

Driver was new and naïve ... Not driving long enough to know how to shuffle...

I'm just shy of 6700 rides, I have had maybe 15-20 dogs, just carry a lint roller ... Snot faced kids cause more damage then dogs

Last edited:

goneubering

No tip.

Not surprised.

SHalester

If I had a banana every time someone said I'd be canned..
you know what they say about playing with fire. Eventually you get burned. And then you'll be here with a story that doesn't jive to what you have posted prior to that. Um, ooopsie? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: