Fired!

Uberdriver2710

You should be able to decline ANY contracts boober sends you, for whatever reason. It's on boober and the rider to let you know all the information.. UP FRONT. Otherwise, you're just an employee.

AB5 is a joke.

boober drivers are already employees. GTFO ASAP

jeanocelot

I am now thinking to figure out a way to have an good excuse such as car mechanical problem. What would be an good excuse? How to pretend as if it were happening?
Just say that you see the CEL; the one in my car has been on for the last 5 years, LOL (the thermostat is stuck OPEN, so it's something that's not a big concern).

IRME4EVER

You can not refuse a service dog. No matter what . Ever if its barking throwing up shitting pissing clawing scratching your paint . There claws can really damage paint !
Ok now If you show up and say ow i am very tired i thought i could take this trip i am very sorry.
Call support tell them i am sorry i thought i could do one more trip i really need to rest.
Do not mention service animals . Just say your so tired. Make uber cancel this ride for you instead of doing it yourself.
This will not affect your accep rating its not a cancel for the animals.
Tired is a safety concern you can refuse any trip for being to tired .
BS I picked up a couple going to a ritzy hotel, they had their service dog with them. That dog shed hairs all over, guess who cleaned it up? Me!! That dog was no service dog. Riders playing games just to get us driver's to go along with it.

kingcorey321

BS I picked up a couple going to a ritzy hotel, they had their service dog with them. That dog shed hairs all over, guess who cleaned it up? Me!! That dog was no service dog. Riders playing games just to get us driver's to go along with it.
Did you even read what i posted ? Or just say BULLSHIT ? I said call uber have them cancel reason your to tired . Then you would not have hair in the car .

34-Methoxyzacko

Almost believable story except theres no hubs open
With appointments, yes— some are open.
Post automatically merged:

There is no good excuse. Uber is going to want to either inspect your car or see that a mechanic has inspected it to see that the fail has been repaired. Until then your off line with no income. I'd rather put up with the guy and his animals for $2.62 rather than be offline line for 1 to 2 days (or longer) waiting on Uber to reinstate me - totaling several hundred dollars or more? Uber does take their time reinstating you and will deactivate you in a New York minute.

There is a cancellation option, right in the list of choices: “Vehicle Issue
I’ve used this one (legitimately, btw).
There was no semblance of an issue from Uber. None whatsoever. Now, for me? Yes. $198.18 to replace the tire which had been destroyed thanks to roadway/accident debris— caught the sidewall in exactly the wrong way. Vehicle issue.
No follow up, no contact, no questions, no cancellation fee. Nada. 🤷🏻

Last edited:

Rav

Picked up an EX Uber driver last night, said his 5th trip on Uber he pulled up and his PAX had two very large "Service Dogs" He told the PAX sorry can't take those two big dogs especially on my leather seats. PAX said you have to I'm legally bling and they are my "Service Dogs". Guy says sorry and drove off.

Took all of 10 minutes for his app to shut down. Fired on the spot. Said Uber sent a message about service animals and refused to contact him regarding the situation. Said he went to a Uber hub and after waiting nearly 2 hours he was told to leave and not come back. No discussion about the events at all.

He said he knows he was wrong but he also said he was pretty sure they were not service dogs and the guy was not blind as the guy ran across a 4 lane street at an angle to get to his car and the dogs trailed behind the guy and did not lead the guy at all. He said the claws on those dogs were huge and he was afraid they would ruin his seats.

No tip.
Why am i not surprised...🤐

ABQuber

Over 10k rides I had maybe a dozen animals? Maybe closer to 20. Only two were “bad experiences”.

One guy had a pit that jumped in the back, super excited. Came over my console and stomped on a soda cup I had from McDs, sitting in my cup holder, destroying it and sending a waterfall of coke onto my carpet. Guy acted like it was my fault for having it there and got upset his dog had coke on his leg. Had to suck it up and agree and compliment his dog. No tip.

Second dog was some long haired dog, also super excited and going everywhere. $2.25 min fare and I had to clean up a ton of dog hair in the back. Still haven’t gotten it all out. No tip.

If you’re gonna pull up and take the dog instead of cancelling, prepare for the worst and it’s all on you.

Gby

Damn. I feel bad for him. It underscores the lesson we all learn the hard way: you can't afford to stop and have a conversation about why you're cancelling. You read a situation with your eyes as best you can, if there's a single observable red flag, hit the gas and cancel as soon as possible.

In regards to unwanted dog passengers, it might be worth it to invest in a little battery-operated ultra-high-frequency sound emitter.. something that will cause the dogs enough distress that the owner will be forced to cancel and leave your vehicle but won't be easily blamed on you, the driver.
Actually Uber drivers become like disposable garbage are forced to take everything in their cars even if they considered their life are in danger or their property will be destroyed. I got 56k high loans for my Cadillac then few years ago I had 2 passenger with 2 dogs . both dogs made big sheet in my fine leather back seat . The seat have been all stained and It could not restored .so I spend $1800 from my pocket and I replace the seat from another salvage vehicle . I was doing limo service at the time and Uber .. so I'm not blaming that guy who cancel the ride . The rider was supposed to text message to drivers he own the dogs because some drivers have really expensive cars and riders are not taking responsibility for the damage .. now as I have consultation with attorney about the matter if happen again I drag Uber in the court for property damage .. Riders with animals should have option in the app to specify they have animals then send to them appropriate olde vehicle

Wildgoose

According to ADA 2010 revised, when a service dog cause damage, the owner will need to pay for that damage.
So Drivers should mention the owner, if his/her service dog makes damages, they have to pay for those damages and so should suggest owners that they may want to get a car with less expensive seat for their ride.

SuzeCB

I wish Uber asked riders to register in prior for their service animal to get a ride.
I wonder if a disable person with a service dog could get a white house tour. Of course, they could but they need to have an prior approval. LOL ... ADA rules don't apply on white house.
Wrong.

Gby

I've done about 5000 rides in my market, and have had exactly 6 of them involve animals. And of those 6, 5 of them were 'purse size.' Only one mid-size dog.
I have leather seats. I also have 2 heavy blankets that go over the seats if a dog is coming into the vehicle, be it purse size or regular size.
If there was a guy with two Great Danes, frankly, I'm not sure what I would do. I figure on a long enough timeline, everyone is at risk of being fired due to encountering the wrong passenger.
So your car trunk full if blankets. Child seats soon you need handicap ramp ..make sure you install toilet because last week lawsuit been file for someone who made his necessarily in Uber drivers seat .. I'm pretty sure you carry vomiting bags like in airplanes . Water ..charger ..aux.cable ..toilet paper ..what else are you carry in your Uber car

Wildgoose

White House Tour Request Process

• Must send a request through your Member of Congress. If you're unsure who is your representative, you can find out at https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/ and enter your zip code. Each Representative has their own procedure for processing requests, but typically you can make the request online. Be prepared to provide information including name, address, phone number and arrival/departure dates.
  • Requestings are accepted up to six months in advance, but must be at least 21 days prior.
  • Requestings are typically responded to within one month of requested tour date.The White House does provide a limited number of wheelchairs for handicapped visitors. Be sure to make the request as soon as you arrive at the White House Complex. Of certain, service animals are allowed on tours, with prior approval.
  • All White House Tours may be subject to last minute cancellation.
  • For the most current information on White House Tours, call 202-456-7041.

SuzeCB

White House Tour Request Process

• Must send a request through your Member of Congress. If you're unsure who is your representative, you can find out at https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/ and enter your zip code. Each Representative has their own procedure for processing requests, but typically you can make the request online. Be prepared to provide information including name, address, phone number and arrival/departure dates.
  • Requestings are accepted up to six months in advance, but must be at least 21 days prior.
  • Requestings are typically responded to within one month of requested tour date.The White House does provide a limited number of wheelchairs for handicapped visitors. Be sure to make the request as soon as you arrive at the White House Complex. Of certain, service animals are allowed on tours, with prior approval.
  • All White House Tours may be subject to last minute cancellation.
  • For the most current information on White House Tours, call 202-456-7041.
Interesting. Illegal (why am I surprised?), but interesting.

TDR

Picked up an EX Uber driver last night, said his 5th trip on Uber he pulled up and his PAX had two very large "Service Dogs" He told the PAX sorry can't take those two big dogs especially on my leather seats. PAX said you have to I'm legally bling and they are my "Service Dogs". Guy says sorry and drove off.

Took all of 10 minutes for his app to shut down. Fired on the spot. Said Uber sent a message about service animals and refused to contact him regarding the situation. Said he went to a Uber hub and after waiting nearly 2 hours he was told to leave and not come back. No discussion about the events at all.

He said he knows he was wrong but he also said he was pretty sure they were not service dogs and the guy was not blind as the guy ran across a 4 lane street at an angle to get to his car and the dogs trailed behind the guy and did not lead the guy at all. He said the claws on those dogs were huge and he was afraid they would ruin his seats.

No tip
But why you need that shit uber? 😳 Just enjoy you car, it serve you longer. It’s always can be found job with similar pay. Even more, because it’s w2

mrpjfresh

what else are you carry in your Uber car
Vomit bags in the seat back pockets and cleaning supplies and a $5-10 dollar moving blanket from Harbor Freight in the hatch (jump start kit and spare tire hidden away below the floor). Anything else would eventually get stolen by some lowlife rider so why bother? As Kurt said though, the blanket has come in handy many times and not just for dogs! Call us crazy but less than $10 to proactively protect your property and avoid the time loss to clean up an unnecessary mess is really nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I have taken sever so called service dogs. If they don't have a dog blanket with them I have one in trunk .if the make a mess in my car. I claim cleaning fee. If you car is to good to take a dog. You shouldn't be using it for Uber.
Indeed. Sounds like the guy in the original story was using a vehicle that was FAR too nice to use for rideshare, especially UberX. He should count his blessings he was deactivated and spared any real damage to a vehicle which he valued so highly.