Fired!

Ozzyoz

Picked up an EX Uber driver last night, said his 5th trip on Uber he pulled up and his PAX had two very large "Service Dogs" He told the PAX sorry can't take those two big dogs especially on my leather seats. PAX said you have to I'm legally bling and they are my "Service Dogs". Guy says sorry and drove off.

Took all of 10 minutes for his app to shut down. Fired on the spot. Said Uber sent a message about service animals and refused to contact him regarding the situation. Said he went to a Uber hub and after waiting nearly 2 hours he was told to leave and not come back. No discussion about the events at all.

He said he knows he was wrong but he also said he was pretty sure they were not service dogs and the guy was not blind as the guy ran across a 4 lane street at an angle to get to his car and the dogs trailed behind the guy and did not lead the guy at all. He said the claws on those dogs were huge and he was afraid they would ruin his seats.

No tip.
Well it's obvious Americans with disabilities acts requires this. I've had obvious liars who I knew didn't have a service dog, but had to take them anyways. Even the ones that don't mention it's a service dog can still lie and cause permanent deactivation. Uber does this firing to avoid lawsuits.

Wildgoose

I wish Uber asked riders to register in prior for their service animal to get a ride.
I wonder if a disable person with a service dog could get a white house tour. Of course, they could but they need to have an prior approval. LOL ... ADA rules don't apply on white house.

Amos69

I wish Uber asked riders to register in prior for their service animal to get a ride.
I wonder if a disable person with a service dog could get a white house tour. Of course, they could but they need to have an prior approval. LOL ... ADA rules don't apply on white house.
Everyone has to get prior approval from their Senator before going on a White house tour

riserfilly

I love taking dogs. Have only had a few since I have been driving. I carry a large towel to put on the seat if there is a dog. Never had any problems and people with animals seem to be some of the nicest people. If I could take only dogs and no people that would be even better.

vgk2018

Picked up an EX Uber driver last night, said his 5th trip on Uber he pulled up and his PAX had two very large "Service Dogs" He told the PAX sorry can't take those two big dogs especially on my leather seats. PAX said you have to I'm legally bling and they are my "Service Dogs". Guy says sorry and drove off.

Took all of 10 minutes for his app to shut down. Fired on the spot. Said Uber sent a message about service animals and refused to contact him regarding the situation. Said he went to a Uber hub and after waiting nearly 2 hours he was told to leave and not come back. No discussion about the events at all.

He said he knows he was wrong but he also said he was pretty sure they were not service dogs and the guy was not blind as the guy ran across a 4 lane street at an angle to get to his car and the dogs trailed behind the guy and did not lead the guy at all. He said the claws on those dogs were huge and he was afraid they would ruin his seats.

No tip.

he should've told uber he is muslim; i recently drove a couple with a legitimate service dog to the airport, they were going home to minneapolis and they told me they get cancelled by somali drivers there on a daily basis for having service dog and uber does nothing to them

Disgusted Driver

Academic question but probably not worth the hassle. Since this is pretty cleanly a bogus service animal situation would this be a good case for an attorney. You could threaten reporting them for criminal charges to get them to pay damages for the false allegation. I guess the dirt bag would actually have to have money.

Amsoil Uber Connect

^ I've thought the same. If it were worth a few million to the Attorney's someone might bite.

It would be nice to force Discovery on U/L to get name and address' so the pax could be fined under PC 365.7 or the like in each State.

islanddriver

Where can I buy one of these battery powered high frequency sound emitter?
Amazon
Post automatically merged:

I have taken sever so called service dogs. If they don't have a dog blanket with them I have one in trunk .if the make a mess in my car. I claim cleaning fee. If you car is to good to take a dog. You shouldn't be using it for Uber.

MasterC

I See dog or dogs, I drive a little bit, remove my sign and wait 5 mins. Easy solution.
Gott go with the stick up stick down sign bro's.

Benjamin M

No tip.
Had a similar incident (thread on here, absolutely not a service animal) but I completed the trip. Got a 1* and not paid, until I went to the Hub with video evidence. Deal with the nonsense or get "deactivated".

RS has completely gone to shit, but I still drive FT - made $160 in 4 hours yesterday. But I am about over this gig and finally starting to consider my better options.

Another Uber Driver

I am now thinking to figure out a way to have an good excuse such as car mechanical problem. What would be an good excuse? How to pretend as if it were happening?

If you do rig something to make your car "break down", be sure to take a video of the "breakdown". If Uber/Lyft does give you the opportunity to state your case, which it often does not when it comes to a fake service dog, you can show the "breakdown". This is where the smoke or steam coming from under the hood would be of use, but, a cracked manifold is not worth ducking a fake service dog.

The applicable section of the ADA states specifically that this is not required.

he should've told uber he is muslim

The ADA specifically states that religious objections do not excuse you from providing accommodation to fake service animals.

; i recently drove a couple with a legitimate service dog to the airport, they were going home to minneapolis and they told me they get cancelled by somali drivers there on a daily basis for having service dog and uber does nothing to them

That would surprise me. If those people sued, they would win. There was a controversy some time back about Somali cab drivers at the Minneapolis Airport who would not haul dogs or people with alcohol. The appropriate agency quickly let them know that if they would not haul people with dogs or alcohol, they could work somewhere else.

I've thought the same. If it were worth a few million to the Attorney's someone might bite. It would be nice to force Discovery on U/L to get name and address' so the pax could be fined under PC 365.7 or the like in each State.

A lawyer might take the case if you paid him up front, but, if he had even the most microscopic shred of decency, he would tell you that you will not win that case.

Had a similar incident (thread on here, absolutely not a service animal) but I completed the trip. Got a 1* and not paid, until I went to the Hub with video evidence. Deal with the nonsense or get "deactivated".

This is it. Even when you do haul them, you still get into trouble. The law requires on ly that you accommodate them. Contrary to what Gryft requires, you do not have to like it according to the law. Only Gryft requires you to like it. Gryft needs to change the SPAM that it sends out to drivers. It should read:

"Always say 'yes' to fake service animals and LIKE IT. Always be happy when they shed all over your car and trash it! Be sure to thank your rider when his fake service dog makes a mess of your car and puts you out of work for three days."

DudeUbering

just take the dog! If I had a nickel for every passenger that had a "service dog" "support dog" "emotional Dog" I would have pocket full of nickels!! .. and the cute college girls with their emotional dogs named Prozac...

Benjamin M

just take the dog! If I had a nickel for every passenger that had a "service dog" "support dog" "emotional Dog" I would have pocket full of nickels!! .. and the cute college girls with their emotional dogs named Prozac...
Yet I "just took the dog" but I had the audacity to ask the dog's owner to keep him under control. You know, the "service animal" that was jumping all over the car while I loaded a powered wheelchair into my trunk.
Post automatically merged:

Calirolla

Simple solution to all this is take some towels to protect the seats, in trunk in case you end up needing to pickup someone with dog(s).
Would think Uber could make a special +pets ride option with all the other random options they have then some can reject the trip before accepting the mystery scenario. Sounds like by a random post in some places they do have a pets options like Australia. Wake up Uber gives us all a pets warning. Although they still say any driver is required to accept service animals there as well.
Update-apparently a year ago they started testing it in some states.

Last edited: