Fired!

FLKeys

Picked up an EX Uber driver last night, said his 5th trip on Uber he pulled up and his PAX had two very large "Service Dogs" He told the PAX sorry can't take those two big dogs especially on my leather seats. PAX said you have to I'm legally bling and they are my "Service Dogs". Guy says sorry and drove off.

Took all of 10 minutes for his app to shut down. Fired on the spot. Said Uber sent a message about service animals and refused to contact him regarding the situation. Said he went to a Uber hub and after waiting nearly 2 hours he was told to leave and not come back. No discussion about the events at all.

He said he knows he was wrong but he also said he was pretty sure they were not service dogs and the guy was not blind as the guy ran across a 4 lane street at an angle to get to his car and the dogs trailed behind the guy and did not lead the guy at all. He said the claws on those dogs were huge and he was afraid they would ruin his seats.

No tip.

bone-aching-work

Damn. I feel bad for him. It underscores the lesson we all learn the hard way: you can't afford to stop and have a conversation about why you're cancelling. You read a situation with your eyes as best you can, if there's a single observable red flag, hit the gas and cancel as soon as possible.

In regards to unwanted dog passengers, it might be worth it to invest in a little battery-operated ultra-high-frequency sound emitter.. something that will cause the dogs enough distress that the owner will be forced to cancel and leave your vehicle but won't be easily blamed on you, the driver.

kingcorey321

You can not refuse a service dog. No matter what . Ever if its barking throwing up shitting pissing clawing scratching your paint . There claws can really damage paint !
Ok now If you show up and say ow i am very tired i thought i could take this trip i am very sorry.
Call support tell them i am sorry i thought i could do one more trip i really need to rest.
Do not mention service animals . Just say your so tired. Make uber cancel this ride for you instead of doing it yourself.
This will not affect your accep rating its not a cancel for the animals .
Tired is a safety concern you can refuse any trip for being to tired .

Another Uber Driver

Remember, any animal to which you object automatically becomes a "service" animal. The ADA does recognise only two types of fake service animal: dogs and one particular breed of small pony. Thus, you need not haul a "service owl" or "service copperhead".

That section of the ADA is written to encourage fraud. It has all of the thunder and lightning sound effects about fraud, but, they are just that: sound effects.

That guy could try Lyft, I suppose, but, he will do well to keep in mind that according to Lyft, your mere compliance is not satisfactory. It wants your willing obedience. You are required to like it when they have a fake service animal. Further, when the fake service animal pees and craps in your car, scratches the dickens out of it, you are required to like that. You are required to like spending the time and money to clean up after fake service dogs.

REMEMBER: Always say "YES!" to fake service dogs! .......and LIKE it, too!

Do not mention service animals . Just say your so tired. Make uber cancel this ride for you instead of doing it yourself.

This will not matter. If the customer says that you declined the transport due to a fake service animal, it is De-Activation Station, no questions asked.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
I've done about 5000 rides in my market, and have had exactly 6 of them involve animals. And of those 6, 5 of them were 'purse size.' Only one mid-size dog.
I have leather seats. I also have 2 heavy blankets that go over the seats if a dog is coming into the vehicle, be it purse size or regular size.
If there was a guy with two Great Danes, frankly, I'm not sure what I would do. I figure on a long enough timeline, everyone is at risk of being fired due to encountering the wrong passenger.

New Uber

Picked up an EX Uber driver last night, said his 5th trip on Uber he pulled up and his PAX had two very large "Service Dogs" He told the PAX sorry can't take those two big dogs especially on my leather seats. PAX said you have to I'm legally bling and they are my "Service Dogs". Guy says sorry and drove off.

Took all of 10 minutes for his app to shut down. Fired on the spot. Said Uber sent a message about service animals and refused to contact him regarding the situation. Said he went to a Uber hub and after waiting nearly 2 hours he was told to leave and not come back. No discussion about the events at all.

He said he knows he was wrong but he also said he was pretty sure they were not service dogs and the guy was not blind as the guy ran across a 4 lane street at an angle to get to his car and the dogs trailed behind the guy and did not lead the guy at all. He said the claws on those dogs were huge and he was afraid they would ruin his seats.

No tip.
Excellent! Now he/she can find a real job that pays!

tohunt4me

No tip.
2 " SERVICE DOGS "?

TIME TO REQUIRE PROOF
Post automatically merged:

Good idea. We would need some wiring work at the fuse box. Cut the fuse wire? or Engine light?
PUT A HIDDEN TOGGLE SWITCH IN LEATHER BOOT FOR YOUR SHIFTER.
Y OU CAN TURN ENGINE OFF WHILE BEING UN NOTICED.
GREAT THEFT PREVENTION ALSO.

Amsoil Uber Connect

Same here. F those Lying pieces of $h!t. But after 9 months new account.
For California;

Penal Code - PEN
PART 1. OF CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS [25 - 680.4]

( Part 1 enacted 1872. )

TITLE 9. OF CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON INVOLVING SEXUAL ASSAULT, AND CRIMES AGAINST PUBLIC DECENCY AND GOOD MORALS [261 - 368.7]
( Heading of Title 9 amended by Stats. 1982, Ch. 1111, Sec. 2. )

CHAPTER 12. Other Injuries to Persons [346 - 367g]
( Chapter 12 enacted 1872. )
(a) Any person who knowingly and fraudulently represents himself or herself, through verbal or written notice, to be the owner or trainer of any canine licensed as, to be qualified as, or identified as, a guide, signal, or service dog, as defined in subdivisions (d), (e), and (f) of Section 365.5 and paragraph (6) of subdivision (b) of Section 54.1 of the Civil Code, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding six months, by a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment.
(b) As used in this section, “owner” means any person who owns a guide, signal, or service dog, or who is authorized by the owner to use the guide, signal, or service dog.
(Added by Stats. 1994, Ch. 1257, Sec. 12. Effective January 1, 1995.)

Director T.Y. Sanchez

I would not even stop if I saw big dogs. Cancel, and report that I cannot see the pax.

But like the mod said, all they gotta do is say you didn't pick 'em up causea the service dog & it's bend over time. You don't get no chance to tell your side of it all you get to do is bend over.

I am now thinking to figure out a way to have an good excuse such as car mechanical problem.
You can go to the shop & tell them to put a kill switch. 1 guy who used to rent a cab from me was this real cheap guy. He rigged up something where he pulled a string & it squirted water all over the engine. Then steam used to come out from under the hood. Worked real good until he cracked an exhaust manifold. He did this before he rented from me.

Button to cut the battery... you stop... and you can't start up again.
Good idea. We would need some wiring work at the fuse box. Cut the fuse wire? or Engine light?

You can go to a parts store & buy 1 & do it yourself or go to a shop & they'll do it. It don't cost all that much.